Apple to enter a new golden age in 2010 with 70% earnings growth

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 124
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post

All good questions ... maybe we just have to have faith in Apple retaining it's passion for excellence which seems to be a part of its DNA. Plus, I guess, that it's just not realistic to expect continuous growth at the same level that they are performing at now.

What I see, at some point, is a bit of leveling off ... while they concentrate on expanding their marketplace worldwide with what they have now.. By that time something else will come along that we can't even imagine now. I also think that iAd is going to generate a ton of revenue for them, and that's just starting.

I don't expect to be around much more than another 20 years or so and I think Apple will just be fine in that time frame. As for Android ... they'll gain some market share, but I don't see them keeping Apple from doing well. Two different companies .. two different philosophys ... room for both, imho.

If it happens that way, then I hope you're right. But trying to figure out what Apple will do next to preserve its current growth levels is part of what this thread is all about.
  • Reply 122 of 124
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I'm not. Explain why you get that idea?

My mistake ... you wrote "disallowing" .... I read "allowing". You have my apology. Obviously my eyes are getting too tired to continue ..... the downside of aging ... time for a break. I'll be back when I can "keep up"
  • Reply 123 of 124
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

If it happens that way, then I hope you're right. But trying to figure out what Apple will do next to preserve its current growth levels is part of what this thread is all about.

Good luck with that, but, as I said, trying to preserve it's current growth level just may not be realistic, particularly in an economy that is "straining to survive", imo. ... sort of like ... an exercise in futility .... but hey, if that's what turns you on ... go for it. As for me ... the "eyes" have it. I'm outta here.
  • Reply 124 of 124
    shadashshadash Posts: 470member
    Who is John Galt?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by john galt View Post

If Microsoft continues the way they are, you'll have just enough cash to buy it.