Iran on the Brink

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    spaceman_spiffspaceman_spiff Posts: 1,242member
    [quote]Originally posted by New:

<strong>Spaceman spif?

That's blasphemy!</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're just jealous because you didn't think of it first.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    p.s. fair until you realize hezzbollah isn't firing them from tanks and apaches.

Does it matter? If someone kills you with a big rock, or an AK47, or a shoulder launched rocket, or a biological bomb, you still get killed.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    rashumonrashumon Posts: 453member
    Have you guys seen this ?

<a href="http://www.wlo-usa.org/Press_Release/sept_12_97.htm"; target="_blank">http://www.wlo-usa.org/Press_Release/sept_12_97.htm</a>;

Poor little Hizbollah..... the US should arm them with heavier weapons so they can kill more Christians...
  • Reply 24 of 30
    little cusslittle cuss Posts: 150member
    stick to the point please...

as always outsider circumlocutes in greco-martian...

hey outsider... tell rashass what a coptic christian is...(i taught him everything he knows)

with lebanese neighbors,

cuss

p.s. please kurosawa... stay focused. you've missed all my sarcasms and all my points. it's not very becoming bein' that yer supposed to be a thenthetive poofter and all....
  • Reply 25 of 30
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    [quote] You're just jealous because you didn't think of it first.<hr></blockquote>

hehe, I had started picturing you in my mind as Roger Ramjet. He fitted your polittcal arguments... But Spaceman Spiff? He really doesn't deserve this...
  • Reply 26 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by New:

<strong>

hehe, I had started picturing you in my mind as Roger Ramjet. He fitted your polittcal arguments...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know cultural artifacts can have a political dimension but the political isn?t always that important. He reflects my politics? Beyond his patriotism Roger Ramjet was mostly apolitical - just ?an all-around good guy.? Roger Ramjet was a cleverly written parody of the comicbook superhero genre. As such he was slightly subversive. I don?t think you?d regard me as subversive at all.

[quote]<strong> But Spaceman Spiff? He really doesn't deserve this... </strong><hr></blockquote>

Spiff couldn?t be in better hands. And since I?m Spiff that must make you Zorg.

• Reply 27 of 30
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Frontline is airing "Terror and Tehran" tonight out here. (Sorry for the late notice if you're in the Eastern US, but it re-airs several times late at night.)

?Terror and Tehran? explores the complexities of the American-Iranian relationship in the wake of Sept. 11 and President Bush's inclusion of Iran in what he called an ?Axis of Evil? in his State of the Union address. Iran, governed jointly by conservative mullahs and reformist politicians, is a ?schizophrenic state,? says producer Neil Docherty, who interviews representatives from both camps. ?It's way too big to ignore and way too difficult to really deal with.?
  • Reply 28 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>Frontline is airing "Terror and Tehran" tonight out here. (Sorry for the late notice if you're in the Eastern US, but it re-airs several times late at night.)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanx. I still have time to set my VCR.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    [quote]Originally posted by spaceman_spiff:

<strong>Thanx. I still have time to set my VCR.</strong><hr></blockquote>

And I hope everyone else here has seen it or will watch it.

<a href="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/tehran/"; target="_blank">Frontline: Terror and Tehran</a>

I wouldn't be surprised if that "obscure deputy" is now in prison or dead.

We called them "Evil" and they don't like us again...end of story...so far.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:

<strong>

We called them "Evil" and they don't like us again...end of story...so far.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Dariush and Parvaneh Forouhar were early supporters of the Ayatollah Khomeini and part of the transitional government formed after the Shah was overthrown. They were moderates who called for the establishment of a secular democracy. But Dariush resigned from the government when it took it?s hard turn towards theocracy.

On November 22, 1998, agents from an Iranian government intelligence service ransacked their office. They sat Dariush in a chair facing Mecca and stabbed him to death. They then went upstairs and murdered his wife...

How else to describe such a regime?