Online dating service finds iPhone owners have more sex partners

24567

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EWTHeckman View Post


    Next Question: Do iPhone owners also have more STD's than other smartphone owners?



    I would have to say the STD rate is probably lower because they are on average more affluent and better educated. Those groups tend to have fewer STDs.
  • Reply 22 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EWTHeckman View Post


    Next Question: Do iPhone owners also have more STD's than other smartphone owners?



    iPhone users operates better and have less viruses.
  • Reply 23 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post


    No wonder Apple-haters are so frustrated and bitter.



    Droid aficionados are Star Wars geek types. Compare their ads to iPhone ads. iPhone ads are warm, sweet, human. Louis Armstrong plays 'It's a Wonderful World' in the background. Droid ads imply that if you buy their phone, you'll become part-machine - and that this is a GOOD thing. Vaguely-threatening robot sounds (reminiscent of the Cylons, sworn to destroy humanity in Battlestar Galactica) constitute their theme music.



    Google even bought the rights to the term 'Droid' from Lucas. That's about as hard-core as Star Wars geekiness gets.



    Of course, while iPhone users do well with human mates, their Droid counterparts (mostly male) would do well with fembots. ("I'll take a Lucy Liu model to go, please!")



    Just don't try to tell the Droidboys that fembots don't really exist, or that Star Wars geekery doesn't make them attractive (except to another Star Wars geek). Such interventions inevitably fail.
  • Reply 24 of 132
    c4rlobc4rlob Posts: 277member
    I have to admit, that when I see someone with a Blackberry I immediately think two things:

    1) They probably have it from work, which means they are more likely to be too pre-occupied with work. Not sexy.

    2) If the Blackberry was their own choice, then they have more "corporate" taste which is far from attractive or sexy.

    3) If the Blackberry is not from work or their own choice, it's probably from their parent's family plan which means they're not financially independent, which is even less attractive or sexy than bad taste.
  • Reply 25 of 132
    And having more sex partners is a good thing? To me, it indicates a lack of commitment, attention deficit (get tired of something new really fast, and quickly give up on relationships rather than working things out), and selfishness (it's all about satisfying MY sexual desires, even if I end up throwing other people out like junk when I'm done with them).
  • Reply 26 of 132
    More sex partners, but lower quality ones. Mostly, it's the seams. Too much flexing, and all the air rushes out.
  • Reply 27 of 132
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Opening up the doc connector allows for a wide array of attachments.
  • Reply 28 of 132
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post




    Google even bought the rights to the term 'Droid' from Lucas. That's about as hard-core as Star Wars geekiness gets.



    Don't forget the new Droid coming out has a special edition that is Empire Strikes Back themed.
  • Reply 29 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hattig View Post


    Erm. Android appeals to geekier types. Which explains the lower number of partners, especially earlier in life.



    Blackberry and Windows Mobile appeals to conservatives.



    I was mostly just having a bit of fun.



    What I meant was that Android necessarily appeals to a reactionary (naysayer) personality, (i.e. - conservative personality), which is sort of funny because I think the Android users see themselves as more liberators and free thinkers instead of conservative types.



    Not that funny I guess.
  • Reply 30 of 132
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    ......
  • Reply 31 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post


    Makes sense to me.



    Conservative personalities statistically have less sex also, and Android appeals to that type of person by default. All the creative, liberal types will have an iPhone on average.





    Perhaps it is not about iPhone, but about phone service provider. Anybody noticed that?



    I do not have an iPhone just because of AT&T (I prefer far more T-Mobile as more worldwide spread service than AT&T could handle roaming agreements... and I am Euro living in the USA).



    As far as sex that has nothing to do with iPhone. I do not use any phone as fetish or as utility to get date (I am married BTW).



    Conclusions like this survey/research bear false associations just like finding sex activity correlations between uniformed army officers and civilians. I think that in period of draught for news during summer vacations media find any funky subject to provoke readers and keep them busy.
  • Reply 32 of 132
    This is old news:



    Techcruch story...
  • Reply 33 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by c4rlob View Post


    I have to admit, that when I see someone with a Blackberry I immediately think two things:

    1) They probably have it from work, which means they are more likely to be too pre-occupied with work. Not sexy.

    2) If the Blackberry was their own choice, then they have more "corporate" taste which is far from attractive or sexy.

    3) If the Blackberry is not from work or their own choice, it's probably from their parent's family plan which means they're not financially independent, which is even less attractive or sexy than bad taste.







    1) That is true to those who do not keep life balance. I on the other hand will never allow corporate business get into my way of this... or I issue discrimination claims with HR. So better my employer be careful. There are still thousands jobs up for grabs for experienced professionals.
  • Reply 34 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimsong View Post


    And having more sex partners is a good thing? To me, it indicates a lack of commitment, attention deficit (get tired of something new really fast, and quickly give up on relationships rather than working things out), and selfishness (it's all about satisfying MY sexual desires, even if I end up throwing other people out like junk when I'm done with them).



    Cotton Mather, is that you?
  • Reply 35 of 132
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post


    There must be a joke about Palm in there somewhere, but damned if I can think of it.



    iPhone users don't have hairy palms.
  • Reply 36 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post


    Note to self: Stay away from men with iPhones... the probability of them having an STD is statistically higher than other handhelds.



    Sad, Palm isn't on this list. I wonder what having a Palm says about how I treat my hubby in the bedroom (he seems quite happy )



    Many iPhone owners tend to use a case while they're trying out different apps.
  • Reply 37 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post


    iPhone users don't have hairy palms.



    Face-palm!
  • Reply 38 of 132
    daveswdavesw Posts: 406member
    Wouldn't surprise me, the typical Android users are pimple-faced ugly geeks wearing braces.
  • Reply 39 of 132
    Well, at least on the guy-guy side of things, I haven't yet heard of any web sites called guyswithblackberrys, guyswithandroids, or guyswithpalms yet.



    Let alone guyswithwindowsphones...



    WARNING: if you visit the alternative, *****NSFW*****



  • Reply 40 of 132
    successsuccess Posts: 1,039member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post


    Note to self: Stay away from men with iPhones... the probability of them having an STD is statistically higher than other handhelds.



    Sad, Palm isn't on this list. I wonder what having a Palm says about how I treat my hubby in the bedroom (he seems quite happy )



    With a name like CAMROID I'm wondering who's got the STDs



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimsong View Post


    And having more sex partners is a good thing? To me, it indicates a lack of commitment, attention deficit (get tired of something new really fast, and quickly give up on relationships rather than working things out), and selfishness (it's all about satisfying MY sexual desires, even if I end up throwing other people out like junk when I'm done with them).



    I fail to see the problem



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post


    Man, oh man, did this make me laugh!



    LOL I just got it
Sign In or Register to comment.