Netbook maker reduces shipments due to success of Apple's iPad

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iGonz View Post

Good for you.

I feel no pain with true 3g unlimited broadband for $30/mo.

Amen.

Everyone I know that bought an iPad absolutely loves it, save for myself as I returned it due to a still present Safari bug that interferes with my usage patterns.

I think Mesomophican is one of those people that thinks if they don't have the latest product theres is obsolete. We can say the iPad 3 will be more powerful and have more features than the iPad 2. That's product evolution so I don't understand his point as their seem to be millions loving their current iPads.

Surprisingly, my mother only reads books from her iPad now. I really didn't expect her to adopt to an electronic reader after so many decades of reading bound books.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    igonzigonz Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleSwitcher View Post

For me too!!!!

Surprised how well the apple case works with the iPad.

I also used the zipper pouch that came with my Eeepc netbook for added protection as well as the micro cloth which is perfect for cleaning the screen.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Sol, you must tell us more of this Safari bug that interferes with what usage pattern. I, for one, dumped Safari as soon as Atomic Web Browser came out. I, then, dumped that for Perfect Browser. There are many good options for iPad browsers. Do tell.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    igonzigonz Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Everyone I know that bought an iPad absolutely loves it, save for myself as I returned it due to a still present Safari bug that interferes with my usage patterns.

I think Mesomophican is one of those people that thinks if they don't have the latest product theres is obsolete. We can say the iPad 3 will be more powerful and have more features than the iPad 2. That's product evolution so I don't understand his point as their seem to be millions loving their current iPads.

Surprisingly, my mother only reads books from her iPad now. I really didn't expect her to adopt to an electronic reader after so many decades of reading bound books.

Yes he is in that vicious cycle. I've never used the cam in the netbook and Studio XPS that I have.

Only used 7g of the 64g of memory so far and no problems at all with memory on the iPad so at first I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

I also think Mesomorphican is the one feeling the pain or else he would not have wrote that.

Hope he feels better now.

Saying that he bought a slightly used 3G iPad half price would make more sense.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I'm still not buying into the whole iPads and netbooks are equivalent, competing products meme.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

ipad is good for reading book.