South Korean iPhone 4 preorders hit 130K in first 13 hours

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,121member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dlcmh View Post

... Consumer Reports still cannot recommend the iPhone 4 ...

/s

Has CR even rated the new Droid phone? With the supposedly worse reception issues being discussed in all the forums I'd expect CR to give an even worse rating.
  • Reply 22 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by A Grain of Salt View Post

As a final point the iPhone pre-orders in Korea were higher per-capita than in the US. Apple would do well to make Korea one of its first tier countries.

I'm pretty sure that LG Telecom would bend over backwards to get their hands on a CDMA iPhone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It's funny, they are so tech savvy that it was stated over and over that the iPhone couldn't possibly sell well in S. Korea. That abruptly stopped last Autumn. Before that, the same was said about Japan and the iPhone.

What about in China, Thailand, and Indonesia, which also have extensive CDMA/EVDO networks?

In any case, what you said is another reason to bring a CDMA iPhone to KDDI in Japan. It would further establish the iPhone brand there, establish competition amongst carriers there, and relieve some strain on SoftBank's network. TMobile can provide American competition, if there aren't enough CDMA iPhones left over after China, Japan, Korea, etc. get them.
  • Reply 23 of 44
    quevarquevar Posts: 101member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I'm even happy with my iPad, although I haven't really used it very much yet. Still trying to figure out how to work it into my routine.

Funny that you say that. I wasn't really impressed by the iPad, but my wife really wanted one. Now that I find in lying around, I use it quite a lot. Case in point, I had a couple minutes just now, so I grabbed it and started looking at websites and ended up posting. I guess what I am saying is: leave it around your living room or wherever you hang out during your free time and you'll probably start to use it more. At least, that is what I have found.
  • Reply 24 of 44
    dlcmhdlcmh Posts: 43member
    News like this won't hurt the iPhone's popularity there either:

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/06/...e-and-iphones/
  • Reply 25 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post

Only 130K!?

Apple is Doomed!?

• Reply 26 of 44
    Quote:

That is quite remarkable. She is amazingly talented.
  • Reply 27 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Not too bad for a "flawed" phone with a "defective design".

Always love to hear news that throws mud in the faces of trolls and critics.

I enjoy using my iP4 every single day.

Hahaha. Those jackass Antennagate FUDster iHaters must be stewing in their own gravy with the iPhone 4 still flying off the shelves. They were so intent on simultaneously disrupting iPhone 4 sales, tarnishing Apple's reputation and trying to make Steve Jobs look like a fool . Yet, what did it get them? Absolutely nothing. It's like nobody in the real consumer world even cared about the "death grip". Those iHater cockroaches were pissing into a gale force wind and ended up being drenched in their own urine. Those iHaters have a lot to learn about Apple marketing and customer loyalty. I'd sure like to know exactly the party that was behind Antennagate. Was it Gizmodo with help from Google founders? Or maybe only ignorant Android fanboi bloggers? Despite all that Antennagate FUD, the iPhone 4 continues to be in ultra-high demand all over the globe. Suck on that, you iHaters. That was your last chance before the iPhone takes over Verizon by force.

I hope that those S. Korean pre-orders will be enough to offset the lead that the Samsung Galaxy S has taken. 800,000 of those Galaxy Ses have been sold so far in a month or so. I can understand that the S. Koreans are being loyal to the home team, but I think the iPhone 4 can catch up within six months. The Galaxy S is no slouch, though.
  • Reply 28 of 44
    Quote:

Man, that's pretty cool. And she's pretty cute.
  • Reply 29 of 44
    Not to over-generalize, but I have found that Koreans have an appreciation for the better things in life, especially when it comes to tech. It's cool to see them embracing this amazing product, which I was only able to get my hands on last week... but what an extraordinary week it's been. I absolutely love the iPhone 4... I was like "what the hell was I waiting for..v[coming from a 3g]"
  • Reply 30 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by enzos View Post

Kora is a word (it's an african lute) and wouldn't have been flagged as suspect.

If she's using a Mac it would have been flagged. I just checked.
  • Reply 31 of 44
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikemikeb View Post

What about in China, Thailand, and Indonesia, which also have extensive CDMA/EVDO networks?

In any case, what you said is another reason to bring a CDMA iPhone to KDDI in Japan. It would further establish the iPhone brand there, establish competition amongst carriers there, and relieve some strain on SoftBank's network. TMobile can provide American competition, if there aren't enough CDMA iPhones left over after China, Japan, Korea, etc. get them.

1) I?m not exactly sure how you took my comment and turned it into a CDMA conversation.

2) I?m not sure how extensive China?s CDMA network is, but they only have 65M CDMA subs and 700M GSM subs.

3) As for CDMA in Japan that is pretty pointless to talk about the future of technology and then reference this aging ?2G? technology. It?llbe around for awhile but it?s not going to be the focus of any new tech.

4) An iPhone seems to be on the ready to serve a large CDMA/CDMA2000 customer(s), but that is 2G and 3G of that technology. That has nothing to do with S. Korea with their two largest carriers having CDMA for ?2G? and UMTS/W-CDMA for ?3G?, with LG picking up with 12M(?) subs. I don?t see Apple making a CDMA/UMTS iPhone just to suit a few small countries that were smart enough to jump ship to 3GPP for 3G after start with CDMA.
  • Reply 32 of 44
    South Korea has great potential for IPHONE4 sales. People have been waiting and the excitement has been building. South Koreas population is around 50 million of which 25 million are possible canadates for an IPHONE
  • Reply 33 of 44
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

South Korea has great potential for IPHONE4 sales. People have been waiting and the excitement has been building. South Koreas population is around 50 million of which 25 million are possible canadates for an IPHONE

I would imagine that it?s up there as one of the highest percentage of smartphone users.
  • Reply 34 of 44
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Yup you would think that the home base of Samsung and LG would be more resistant to the invasion of the insanely popular iPhone4.

I played with a Samsung Galaxy S, they're flogging it heavily around Asia, Android and Swype and all that. Guess some people still want them Apples...!

BTW APPLE STORE IS DOWN
  • Reply 35 of 44
    I would like to see some trolls here. Are they still asleep?
  • Reply 36 of 44
    Quote:

... Consumer Reports still cannot recommend the iPhone 4 ...

/s

You know, they are not such a tech savvy organisation.
  • Reply 37 of 44
    not bad for a country who tries its hardest to keep out outsiders when it comes to selling in their country....
  • Reply 38 of 44
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Spell check, Katie. Spell check!

It is worse than just a spelling mistake if it is one.

My take it is a typo as some describe a 'typo' comes from clumsiness, whereas, a 'spelling error' comes from ignorance?

A good editor would have caught it by having the article proof-read as well as checked for spelling.

Equally important the content would have been scrutinized for content accuracy. If all three actions were carried out, the mistake would have been corrected and as the statement should have read, "The iPhone 4 is set to launch in South Korea sometime in September."
  • Reply 39 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sincere View Post

not bad for a country who tries its hardest to keep out outsiders when it comes to selling in their country....

you'd never know that seeing how so much of "outside" products are popular there.
  • Reply 40 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I do not have any issues with my Phone 4 either. What Steve said "don't hold it like that", works out ok. I do notice at times when I'm not paying attention a web page downloads slowly. Then I remember to avoid holding it that way. Not a big deal. iPhone is by far the best phone out there despite any minor shortcomings.

I try to always buy the best I can afford of everything and even the top of the line products sometimes have little issues. My Mac is not perfect, my iPhone is not perfect, my Nikon is not perfect, my BMW is not perfect, my Sony isn't perfect but in all cases it was the best choice. So yes, I'm happy with my iPhone 4. I'm even happy with my iPad, although I haven't really used it very much yet. Still trying to figure out how to work it into my routine.

If I could get a car with the driving dynamics of a Bmw, the interior of an Audi, priced like a Hyundai that would be perfect.