iPhone 4 demand outstrips supply in China

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In a statement Sunday, China Unicom said it had sold 60,000 (Google Translation) units on the first day of availability after receiving over 200,000 preorders.

Just a reminder: during the first weekend, following Jun 24th 2010, 5 nations (U.S., U.K., Japan, France and Germany) of combined population, being somewhat around 700,000,000 (China has nearly twice as many), bought 1.7 million iPhones.

And after all that we were left by Apple out of stock for weeks and months. And some are still waiting CIF for the white iPhone 4...
  • Reply 82 of 85
    BBC/ etc are reporting 200,000 iPhones sold in China over the past several days. And people are on waiting lists for it to be fulfilled "at the end of October"... I'm sure the media (or me) may not get all the details right, but, well, there ya go.
  • Reply 83 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

BBC/ etc are reporting 200,000 iPhones sold in China over the past several days. And people are on waiting lists for it to be fulfilled "at the end of October"... I'm sure the media (or me) may not get all the details right, but, well, there ya go.

I have to assume that Apple was selling at least 100k per day in the rest of the world.

Hey, this was right before the end of the quarter. Time to recalculate the iPhone and iPad sales figures.
  • Reply 84 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I have to assume that Apple was selling at least 100k per day in the rest of the world.

Hey, this was right before the end of the quarter. Time to recalculate the iPhone and iPad sales figures.

The latest AppleInsider article says, in China, a 100,000 pre-orders fulfilled, another 100,000 pre-orders only fulfilled at the end of October.

Apple has got to be making between 4 to 5 million iPhones a month by now.

I think July-Sep 2010 quarter will show about 13-15 million iPhones (including 3GS), 8-10 million iPads.

Whatever the figures are, it won't be as great as the Oct-Dec 2010 quarter, Apple has gotta have been stockpiling iPhones and iPads for a lot more global launches to do.

This iPhone and iPad thing is a beast!
  • Reply 85 of 85
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blackintosh View Post

No it's not. Apple has shown repeatedly that it is not ready to compete with other hardware and software companies. They have done very well as a niche market, but now thanks to the iPhone, they are main stream. How are they doing?

Well, let's see. Millions on antenna technology which resulted in... well, you know.

Crippled iTunes 10 that cant rip a cd or play a song.

Months to fix hobbled iPhone 3G

Proximity sensor that was fine three years ago that took months to fix on iphone 4.

Apple TV that only has deals with two content providers.

iPad that has no magazine subscription plan in place months after delivery.

Computers with cracked displays and yellow monitors

Need more?

Well, Apple will be delivering a heck of a lot more quantity of Macs, iPods, iPhones and iPads. They are mainstream now. As for the quality? Well, that's a whole 'nother intense debate.