Apple stock seen approaching $430 with strong holiday lineup

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited January 2014
Apple stock could hit $430 in the next year, propelled in the near future by an anticipated strong holiday sales season, one Wall Street analyst believes.

Brian White of Ticonderoga Securities issued an in-depth 85-page note on Apple to analysts Monday. The firm has initiated coverage of AAPL stock with a $430 12-month price target, betting that the company's "hot hand" will continue well into 2011.

"We believe Apple is still in the early stages of capitalizing on the trend toward a digital lifestyle, while transforming itself to seize large opportunities in the enterprise market, advertising (i.e. mobile, TV, etc.), "cloud computing and social networking," White wrote.

For Apple, the march to $430 begins this holiday season, White said, with one of the hottest product lineups ever, including the iPhone 4, iPad, new iPod touch, and Apple TV. He noted that over the last six years, the holiday buying season has given Apple its best stock performance in October.

Apple is seen selling 7.1 million iPads in its 2010 fiscal year, with sales growing 181 percent in 2011 to 19.9 million. In the 2012 fiscal year, he sees Apple selling 25.8 million iPads.

"We believe the most coveted gift this holiday season will be the iPad," White wrote. "Clearly, Apple is delivering experiences to consumers that were never thought possible, and in the process, reinventing our world. Additionally, the opportunity in the education, healthcare and enterprise markets remain meaningful, in our view."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    We needs to post news like this when the stock is actually on the rise instead of on a day when its down. Thats always makes me a laugh.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    This will be Apple's best quarter ever. Period
  • Reply 3 of 32
    Are Gene Munster and Brian White related???????? Or are they just comparing notes.

Anyway, Its a no brainer that APPLE looks to be going higher. Whether or not it meets any target depends on many factors such as the Economy, Job creation etc, etc, etc,.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    This has to be the most bullish forecast for AAPL ever. Everything has to go absolutely right for the company over the next year for them perform this well. Not only do they need to grow EPS by at least 50%, they also need to demonstrate the prospects of being able to continue that rate of growth beyond 2011. Possible, maybe... but this does not seem to be a typically cautious analyst's report.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

This has to be the most bullish forecast for AAPL ever. Everything has to go absolutely right for the company over the next year for them perform this well. Not only do they need to grow EPS by at least 50%, they also need to demonstrate the prospects of being able to continue that rate of growth beyond 2011. Possible, maybe... but this does not seem to be a typically cautious analyst's report.

Last time you and I discussed this topic early 09 didn't you say it was several years away from 200?
  • Reply 6 of 32
    zindakozindako Posts: 468member
    This report is over estimated, no one can predict where AAPL stock will be by end of 2011, I mean for sure it wont recede below $200.00 I think, but certainly saying $430.00 is not very realistic by end of 2011.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zindako View Post

, but certainly saying $430.00 is not very realistic by end of 2011.

can we quote you on that?
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:

This report is over estimated, no one can predict where AAPL stock will be by end of 2011, I mean for sure it wont recede below $200.00 I think, but certainly saying $430.00 is not very realistic by end of 2011.

It will be $327... by October 15, 2011... at 2:15 CST.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    daveswdavesw Posts: 406member
    Quote:

ever wonder why you're poor and apple investors are rich?
  • Reply 10 of 32
    walshbjwalshbj Posts: 864member
    Quote:

... no one can predict where AAPL stock will be by end of 2011....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It will be $327... by October 15, 2011... at 2:15 CST.

That was pretty funny.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    macslutmacslut Posts: 514member
    It's amazing to think that 64% of Apple's business didn't even exist before 2001.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Last time you and I discussed this topic early 09 didn't you say it was several years away from 200?

Anything is possible, but I am inclined to agree with the good Dr here.

Mid-300s somewhere during 2011? Highly probable. Mid-400s? Wow... (Unless there is another iPhone/iPod type product on the horizon, which none of us knows about, that will propel Apple's next growth burst).

Also, righty or wrongly, there is the matter of Jobs's health and market perceptions that conflate Apple's value with his presence.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Every time an analyst pumps this stock up, the share price heads in the opposite direction in some perverse manner.

As weak as this stock has been looking over the past two weeks, you'd never know there such high expectations. With a $430 target, Apple is, like, almost $150 behind and that would take one heck of a climb. Hell, even Amazon has been smoking Apple's stock with a huge P/E and unknown Kindle sales. Apple is clearly struggling just trying to hold ground and seems to be losing at that. Granted that Apple will make a crapload of revenue this quarter but that has nothing to do with how Wall Street values this stock. The hedge funds are probably controlling every little movement of Apple stock.

$430 is a huge upgrade and Apple is solidly in the red which would seem to be unusual for most stocks, but not Apple. The economy doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on Apple product sales, so I don't see why Apple is being pulled down with the rest of the tech companies. Yet again, Amazon is sitting comfortably in the green, defying the rest of the market. I'm a a bit puzzled at that.

Whatever. Apple better deliver for the Christmas holiday and get over $300 and stay there for awhile. I'll be satisfied by that much.
  • Reply 14 of 32
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Anything is possible, but I am inclined to agree with the good Dr here.

Mid-300s somewhere during 2011? Highly probable. Mid-400s? Wow... (Unless there is another iPhone/iPod type product on the horizon, which none of us knows about, that will propel Apple's next growth burst).

Also, righty or wrongly, there is the matter of Jobs's health and market perceptions that conflate Apple's value with his presence.

I can hope can't I
  • Reply 15 of 32
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

No, which I can safely say since I never predict future stock prices.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    I've benefitted handsomely from my APPL holdings and as much as I would love to see it hit that price, even I have to take a step back and think about what these "analysts" are up to.

If it were really going that high so soon, then I sincerely hope those guys are just buying everything AAPL right now since they seem to think it is at a fire-sale price right now.

I prefer they give me the next round of lottery numbers instead.
  • Reply 17 of 32
    Quote:

I can hope can't I

I agree with Dr. here things would have to be close to perfect for this to happen but anything is possible with the market. I didnt expect AAPL to go this high in this economy and with midterm elections this year but its doing very well.

Its always hard to say what could happen in the market even more so the tech sector. I just always find it funny when they put news like this out there the day the market is down.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    Quote:

...for sure it wont recede below $200.00 I think...

with quotes like this, you have the potential to be an analyst... or a politician.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:

wow dude...you haven't been paying attention to their stock much have you?
  • Reply 20 of 32
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

wow dude...you haven't been paying attention to their stock much have you?

And you have?