President Obama meets Steve Jobs to discuss economy, technology

Comments

• Reply 101 of 138
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techno View Post

I guess you missed the whole point

It?s like the Head and Shoulders commercials: ?But you don?t have dandruff.?, "Exactly!?

Maybe Obama should talk to Michael Dell about resolving economy issues.
  • Reply 102 of 138
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1)

2) I really wish my president wasn?t doing as many things that make it look like he?s just having a good time on the job. I don?t know if he is or isn?t, or how much he?s accomplished cleaning up the last tenant?s mess, but his appearances on The View and this just seem out of place with what he needs to present to the people. What?s next, Obama gets a cameo on the all new Hawaii 5.0?

I would rather see him on the View or meeting with Steve than on the golf course or taking his 100th vacation on the Ranch. It is a new world and this president gets it. He knows that to reach the people he needs to go where they are. The people are on their iphone or sitting at home during the day watching the View.
  • Reply 103 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

What's with all the Obama hate??

I dunno... I'm STILL trying to find the George "W" love!!!

You SAW the power of the liberal Progressive 'Goebbelslization" of the truth from the left and the media - oops, one and the same.

Some people need to be told what to think. It's really sad. These people can easily be spotted when they faint at the mouth of the big O whenever he say the words "Spread the Wealth" and "I do believe you can make too much money" (I haven't made all mine yet). Faint-Faint-Faint... Yes... Yes very much like Pavlov's dog. (see bipartisanship) Obama smoking... yet he wants to tell us how to run our lives! One termer, fer sure!
  • Reply 104 of 138
    I really wonder what SJ wore to this meeting. was it his usual turtle neck/jeans uniform or was it a nice Armani suit?

Hope to see some pix surface at some point.
  • Reply 105 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sheff View Post

Steve jobs for president 2012

Oh, Hell No.
  • Reply 106 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Cool. Two amazing minds meet.

I beg to differ.
  • Reply 107 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by msuberly View Post

We desperately need balance between the White House and Congress.

Agreed. The White House, Senate, and House of Representatives are currently all rules by the same one party. And yet they continue to blame the opposition when they can't get bills passed. Pathetic.
  • Reply 108 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wow. That is perhaps one of the weirdest posts ever that I can recall on AI.

Are you suggesting Obama is some sort of voodoo president!?

If he isn't, I am. Democrats running for re-election right now are actively avoiding President Obama. They don't want to be associated with the policies that he's enacted.
  • Reply 109 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

His economic policies are tax cuts for small business and the middle class. The opposite of that is exactly what republicans want: Tax cuts for big business (as well as pretty much full control of the pig's votes) and tax cuts for rich.

Oh but wait, the trickle down effect will help us all! It's all those RICH people that create the jobs!

The comments here are worse than the shit I read on youtube, and there are plenty of imbeciles there.

And you're contributing here. Your comments also lack depth.
  • Reply 110 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Futuristic View Post

<LIBERAL RANT> The "trickle down effect" is the rich pissing on the poor. </LIBERAL RANT>

<CONSERVATIVE RESPONSE> The "trickle down effect" is the rich keeping the poor in jobs by buying the products they make. Thus creating/maintaining jobs .</CONSERVATIVE RESPONSE>
  • Reply 111 of 138
    Am I the only one that thinks the entire country would be much better served if rather than giving money to political parties that ends up directly in the hands of ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC we should be giving that money to charities that, ya know, actually make a difference? What does your political giving get you? A TV ad to try to convince other people to think like you. What does giving to something like Habit for Humanity (insert your charity of choice here) get you? A home built for a person that doesn't have a home. It's embarrassing that some people would choose the former over the latter...

You really can't think of something better to do with over 5 BILLION dollars than push political views? Really? That's sad

(that's a proverbial "you" btw)
  • Reply 112 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techno View Post

I would rather see him on the View or meeting with Steve than on the golf course or taking his 100th vacation on the Ranch. It is a new world and this president gets it. He knows that to reach the people he needs to go where they are. The people are on their iphone or sitting at home during the day watching the View.

If the people who are voting and deciding what course this country should take are sitting around watching the View I think we're more effed than anyone ever thought possible...
  • Reply 113 of 138
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

If theO O people who are voting and deciding what course this country should take are sitting around watching the View I think we're more effed than anyone ever thought possible...

Steve jobs has direct control over tens of thousands of jobs world wide if you include all the 3rd party fish who supply apple with goods and services .

SO President Obama talking to Steve Jobs about American workers is sorely needed considering 9 percent of American not working at all.

And Obama talked so much green and has done little While STEVE has saved countless lives by making Apple 80% green .

peace

• Reply 114 of 138
    Just goes to show racism is alive and well in America today, this president has done way more for the middle class than Bush has ever done, yet the average citizen treats him like he is a nazi, even the tea party folks have cartoons of him as the devil himself, and these are people that probably make less than 30K per annum.

Keep hope alive though I guess.
  • Reply 115 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkPeople View Post

Would like to see Apple bring some of the manufacturing jobs back to the States, with incentives from the States and Administration, of course. I have no probelm paying a few dollars more for Apple porducts if they were truly made in the U.S.

I totally support that idea.

Consider, that the North Carolina server farm could have been built anywhere in the world.

I'd also like to see Apple subsidize iPads to be used as OTPC (One Tablet Per Child) with as many of the jobs (manufacturing, assembly,distribution and servicing activities as possible) going to the target countries.

I would enthusiastically support a BOGO - Buy One Give One!

• Reply 116 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacChad View Post

Obligatory: Well, everyone has been saying the president should focus more on "Jobs"...

<groan>

Wow! That joke goes back to the 1984 nomination of a Democratic Candidate for President.

Gary Hart had the support of many Apple executives and I remember Woz joking:

"I'm supporting Gary Hart -- because he's good for Jobs".

• Reply 117 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by starburst View Post

If Apple could acquire the expertise and ability to produce a device, a fuel cell the size of say a microwave oven, that would power your house, imagine the market. Imagine the value of a share of Apple stock!

I don't want Apple to get into areas outside their expertise, however, their knowledge of systems integration and power control make them experts in some aspects. They could conceivably license some of their patents to others for use in certain energy or battery-related fields.
  • Reply 118 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

Politics and technology. Not good!

Technology and politics. Not good!

• Reply 119 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by algr View Post

Such incredible arrogance that after what Bush did to the economy that Clinton gave him, republicans are still convinced that they are the ones who understand capitalism. Republicans worship capitalism but have no understanding of it.

This applies equally to Democrats and Republicans. When one party has too much power they act solely in their party's interest. Bush did it and Obama has been doing it. Unfortunately, both parties have way too much entrenched power in Washington and neither is answerable to the American people. Toss them all out on their ears.

Also, just a suggestion to the mods... Maybe this thread needs to move to Political Outsider as it is now hopelessly off track.
  • Reply 120 of 138
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Futuristic View Post

<LIBERAL RANT> The "trickle down effect" is the rich pissing on the poor. </LIBERAL RANT>

There is no monolithic group that can be identified as "the rich". There are a tremendous number of liberal millionaires, and certainly a fair number of billionaires. How do they figure into your statement?