Apple leaks new scroll bar UI details in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 85
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GuillaumeB View Post

Can't you just stop calling Mac OS X Lion 10.7 There is absolutely no reference of this versioning anywhere. Jobs only mentioned it was the 8th major release but never said it was 10.7

How stupid can you be? OSX 10.7 IS called Lion. It's the next major upgrade. Did you piss and moan when people were calling Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6?
  • Reply 82 of 85
    coolcatcoolcat Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ryszard View Post

Woode: "when you do start scrolling with your touch pad/scroll wheel, the scroll bar with proportional content indication then appears."

So you have to start scrolling to find out if there's something to scroll? That's exactly the problem with hidden scrollbars.

Or you can stop being lazy and actually READ the document and where the text just abruptly ends, that's a pretty good indication there is more to come.....Jesus, people whine about the most stupid sh*t
  • Reply 83 of 85
    I think you guys are way off. Removing scroll bars is something that a graphic designer would very like do to de-clutter a design. When you, as a designer, are piecing together screen shots and concepts for a presentation, you want to minimize clutter. If you don't have alpha or beta software to actually use, you just start piecing together screen shots. Afterall, this is just for a Keynote presentation that won't be on screen for very long

Until?

It gets over analyzed by we Apple nuts. Yes there will be scroll bars in Lion. Yes, the absence of scroll bars in these shots is simply caused by a designers comp work for the presentation.
  • Reply 84 of 85
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rgbfoundry View Post

I think you guys are way off. Removing scroll bars is something that a graphic designer would very like do to de-clutter a design. When you, as a designer, are piecing together screen shots and concepts for a presentation, you want to minimize clutter. If you don't have alpha or beta software to actually use, you just start piecing together screen shots. Afterall, this is just for a Keynote presentation that won't be on screen for very long

Until?

It gets over analyzed by we Apple nuts. Yes there will be scroll bars in Lion. Yes, the absence of scroll bars in these shots is simply caused by a designers comp work for the presentation.

The demo took place on real system software, not Photoshop comps. Those screenshots where from the live video feed.
  • Reply 85 of 85
    quillzquillz Posts: 209member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

How stupid can you be? OSX 10.7 IS called Lion. It's the next major upgrade. Did you piss and moan when people were calling Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6?

Actually, I just e-mailed Steve Jobs and he told me that Lion will actually be Mac OS X 10.23878.37287398a^6, just to piss people off.