Briefly: No Apple products in Gates household; iPad in Hollywood; lawsuit update

Comments

• Reply 21 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Have you ever used a Zune? Do you even know if its bad of what it has to offer? What it tells me is most kids have iPods and even with their wealth they simply want to be like their friends have have iPods so they can fit in. Thats all it tells me.

Yes, i have used a Zune HD, and I threw it away after a week...what a feeble ipod knock off. The UI is horrible...everythign scrolls off the screen to the right. the Zune Marketplace software crashed several times and there are next to no apps for it. the audio quality is sup par. Everytime i used it i thought about my iPhone and my old ipod. After a week, i could not stand it, and i bought i new ipod touch to complement my iphone 4.

Alls your post tells me is you work for Microsoft or one of their "partners".
  • Reply 22 of 137
    Quote:

You might want to read some of the latest articles here about his latest rant on Google and RIM. Which is common for Steve Jobs.

I read them, again he criticized creativity and functionality.

I was at the Sony store this weekend to tryout the new Sony/Google TV since I was a little disappointed with Apple's new ATV. The Sony/Google TV sucked big time!! It was very slow, very confusing, and repeatedly crashed.

Unlike many technology CEO's who blast Apple and SJ for innovative products while blatantly copying them, Steve's criticism are mostly valid because these same CEO's don't seem to have the know-how to harness creativity and innovation in their companies.
  • Reply 23 of 137
    Quote:

Have you ever used a Zune? Do you even know if its bad of what it has to offer? What it tells me is most kids have iPods and even with their wealth they simply want to be like their friends have have iPods so they can fit in. Thats all it tells me.

Indeed...

Or, Have you ever talked to that kid? Do you even know if the son of the wealthiest tech guy in the world doesn't know what an iPod and Zune have to offer? People hammer their own opinions into topics whilst pointing out that others shouldn't be doing what they are doing. That's all this tells me.
  • Reply 24 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Why does AI insist in often grouping different topics into one post. This ultimately makes the thread really disjointed. This post is really three topics.

As opposed to our normally off topic and disjointed threads? \
  • Reply 25 of 137
    Doesn't Microsoft still make software for Mac? It would seem that Gates would have a MacBook for no other reason than to support one of his biggest software partners.
  • Reply 26 of 137
    Quote:

Why does AI insist in often grouping different topics into one post. This ultimately makes the thread really disjointed. This post is really three topics.

It's called ... "It's Monday morning and we haven't had anything new up since that lame Veizon story two days ago! Put something up quick! Anything !!!!"
  • Reply 27 of 137
    mariomario Posts: 348member
    When Apple locks down Mac OS X (and we all know they will), there will be no Macs in my household either.
  • Reply 28 of 137
    It must suck to be the richest kid in town, yet unable to get the coolest toys

Enjoy your kin!!!
  • Reply 29 of 137
    Does he still have a Mac in his office, at least? (Look over his shoulder.)

• Reply 30 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranReloaded View Post

It must suck to be the richest kid in town, yet unable to get the coolest toys

Enjoy your kin!!!

Man that is harsh, funny, but harsh.
  • Reply 31 of 137
    That's ok. OS/2 Warp is banned from my household.
  • Reply 32 of 137
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Wow! Being a Gates child is worse than being a poor starving child in Africa. At least the poor starving children in Africa are getting 1st generation iPhones now.

If I were a Gates child, I would contact Steve and see how much money I could get for filming an iPod ad.
  • Reply 33 of 137
    Quote:

Why does AI insist in often grouping different topics into one post.

In the news business, they're called news briefs for the obvious reason that they're not big enough to stand alone. I appreciate AI's saving me from wasting clicks to links with tiny stories.
  • Reply 34 of 137
    Quote:

Yes I have. ZUNE HD I find to be a good device. What you said is exactly my point.

If MS marketed the Zune the way Apple does the iPods it might actually have a chance. I haven't even seen a single advertisement of the Zune.
  • Reply 35 of 137
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Quote:

And Steve Jobs isn't narrow minded when it comes to his products. Are you kidding me? Steve Jobs makes an extra effort to bash others.

Except SJ is right. The strength of the products his company makes renders such complaints about him null and void. When it comes to tech, the man knows his ish. Let him bash others all he wants. The shoddy, lazy competition deserves all the ribbing they get.
  • Reply 36 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Steve Jobs complemented Microsoft....

...complimented...
  • Reply 37 of 137
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halhiker View Post

Doesn't Microsoft still make software for Mac? It would seem that Gates would have a MacBook for no other reason than to support one of his biggest software partners.

Not in his home. Even when he actively working for MS there would have been no reason to keep them in his home.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mario View Post

When Apple locks down Mac OS X (and we all know they will), there will be no Macs in my household either.

No, we all don?t know that because we all don?t succumb to ?sky is falling? conspiracies. Based on yours and others' ?theories? Apple should have dropped Macs completely from their product line by now to focus only on iDevices.
  • Reply 38 of 137
    juandljuandl Posts: 230member
    Someone should remember the words of the Wise One.

"We have to get out of the notion that in order for Apple to succeed, we have to have Microsoft

fail".

Don't be mean to your kids. Let them decide what it is they want. Show Apple some Love.

That doesn't mean they won.
  • Reply 39 of 137
    Quote:

That's never going to happen. Apple maybe a lot of things but they're not that stupid to go that far. They know the backlash that could result. They don't have to lockdown the Mac, the Mac App Store will eventually be the only place regular casual Mac users will know how to get Mac apps.

I read an article last week at the Back to Mac event where in Jobs said that "not at this time" when he was asked if Apple would allow other ways (besides the App Store) for users to download apps to iOS device. He didn't flat out say NO. So now that people are so used to going to the App Store to get apps that Apple might eventually allow other alternatives to getting apps and that it wouldn't really hurt the App Store.

But then again everything remains to be seen. It might or may not happen.
  • Reply 40 of 137
    Quote:

Amen!

Linux here we come!