Light leaks causing camera issues with Apple's white iPhone 4 - rumor

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Even the black iPhone 4 "leaks" light when the flash is used, producing horrid, cloudy pictures, if part of the case comes near the flash but is still well out of view of the camera.

That sounds more like glare off a case surface, where the distorted flash light doesn't hit the sensor, but hits the inside of the camera, then bouncing it off to the sensor.

I really doubt this rumor. The camera module looks pretty well-sealed. Camera sealing isn't going to protect against that kind of flaring though.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Told you about this quite a while back.

And the debacle surrounding all of it.

It has been going on for a long, long time and it is just not the white one.

Anyway when I raised it before I was fairly thoroughly based and trashed.

Well I know that was by folks with blinders on and some mad unhealthy obsessions.

Anyway search for old posts. I have not made many so it should not be too hard.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Even the black iPhone 4 "leaks" light when the flash is used, producing horrid, cloudy pictures, if part of the case comes near the flash but is still well out of view of the camera.

I'm glad I wasn't high when I read this or I would have been compelled to pull one of my eyes out to look at my face.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    One little inconvenience for customer...

...one epically huge failure for Apple.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robogobo View Post

I said it before and I'll say it again. Apple is using the white iPhone as an excuse to redesign and fix the antenna issue as well.

Tell me something. Why is it that this horrid antenna defect has not been seen outside of the US. I mean if Apple screwed up so badly wouldn't there been scores and scores of reports from all over the world. Are we supposed to believe that they secretly changed the design before releasing it elsewhere. And that not one site considered this and stripped down a non US model to see for themselves. I doubt it.

Perhaps there are no reports because there is and never was such an egregious flaw. Perhaps the issue is just as Jobs said, one created by the media. It wouldn't be the first time a magazine or site has used such tactics. Heck even AI does it at least once a day.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    hkzhkz Posts: 190member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Tell me something. Why is it that this horrid antenna defect has not been seen outside of the US. I mean if Apple screwed up so badly wouldn't there been scores and scores of reports from all over the world. Are we supposed to believe that they secretly changed the design before releasing it elsewhere. And that not one site considered this and stripped down a non US model to see for themselves. I doubt it.

Perhaps there are no reports because there is and never was such an egregious flaw. Perhaps the issue is just as Jobs said, one created by the media. It wouldn't be the first time a magazine or site has used such tactics. Heck even AI does it at least once a day.

Well of the three iPhone 4s I've held in my hands all three suffer this 'flaw' every time I put the end of my thumb on that seam. Every time. In good 3G areas, bad EDGE areas, and ten feet from a MicroCell. If it's not a 'flaw', then what is it? How can three phones exhibit complete network failure by touching just one tiny area on a phone in three different locations with three different signal coverage strengths? Just my experience but it's a problem for me. I drop calls if I hold it in my left hand in all three areas, I don't if I hold it in my right. And I'm not even doing the 'death grip' (stupid media term but suprisingly accurate), I'm just touching it with the end of my thumb.