World Cup Final predictions

Comments

• Reply 21 of 71
    Gypsy Hassan I predicts...

The winner of England v. Brazil will win the World Cup. Oh yes. England and Brazil are the two best teams still in (sorry Espagna) and the other side of the draw is the easier. Further, having beaten Germany 5 - 1 in Germany, and Argentina (boo, hiss) 1 - 0 in the opening round, England are actually taking themselves seriously for the first time in decades.

And Germany can be GUARANTEED to bring the World Cup back to boring script by beating the USA. I'm counting out Senegal and South Korea although I'd love it if they got to the final, especially the Africans.

But I think it'll be England v. Spain in the final.

Germany in third place.

So, er, England for the Cup.

Byebye.

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: Hassan i-Sabbah ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 71
    I HOPE the final will be Germany - England, though I'm not sure if both teams can make it (against Spain/Brazil).

If they do, the final result is obvious:

As Gary Lineker was to say: "Football is a game played by 22 players. And then Germany

wins."
  • Reply 23 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by BlackMac.de:

<strong>I HOPE the final will be Germany - England, though I'm not sure if both teams can make it (against Spain/Brazil).

If they do, the final result is obvious:

As Gary Lineker was to say: "Football is a game played by 22 players. And then Germany

wins." </strong><hr></blockquote>

Grr he's right, goddammit.
  • Reply 24 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by Hassan i-Sabbah:

<strong>Gypsy Hassan I predicts...

The winner of England v. Brazil will win the World Cup. Oh yes. England and Brazil are the two best teams still in (sorry Espagna) and the other side of the draw is the easier. Further, having beaten Germany 5 - 1 in Germany, and Argentina (boo, hiss) 1 - 0 in the opening round, England are actually taking themselves seriously for the first time in decades.

And Germany can be GUARANTEED to bring the World Cup back to boring script by beating the USA. I'm counting out Senegal and South Korea although I'd love it if they got to the final, especially the Africans.

But I think it'll be England v. Spain in the final.

Germany in third place.

So, er, England for the Cup.

Byebye.

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: Hassan i-Sabbah ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Blue Meanie has no predictions. Let's not tempt fate :cool:
  • Reply 25 of 71
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    What happened in the Korea / Italy game? I didn't see it unfortunately. I know Korea won but was their OT goal bogus or something?

I predict England and Spain...call it "The Empires Strike Back."

• Reply 26 of 71
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    GO ENGLAND!!
  • Reply 27 of 71
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Bump.

12 hours till we find out about Engerland and Brazil.
  • Reply 28 of 71
    falkolfalkol Posts: 59member
    [quote]Originally posted by Harald:

<strong>Bump.

12 hours till we find out about Engerland and Brazil.</strong><hr></blockquote>

... currently under way.

And in a few hours we will find out about USA and Germany. Can't wait!
  • Reply 29 of 71
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Looks like England lost, according to powerdoc.
  • Reply 30 of 71
    Good morning, America.

LET'S ROCK!
  • Reply 31 of 71
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    The best part is, "We don't care!"
  • Reply 32 of 71
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    That sucks. US had a lot of good chances and blew it! I must say that I question that one call. I guess it's not so unimaginable to think that the US will win a World Cup during my lifetime.
  • Reply 33 of 71
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>That sucks. US had a lot of good chances and blew it! I must say that I question that one call. I guess it's not so unimaginable to think that the US will win a World Cup during my lifetime.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Live long and prosper
  • Reply 34 of 71
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>That sucks. US had a lot of good chances and blew it!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I must say ... yeah. A bit embarrassing how the German team won the match. Someone said afterwards it was "Kahnland vs America", and that's obviously true. If the American team would have made one goal during the first 30 mins the outcome would have been different.

Experiencing the second half was a pain in the ... you know. Reminded me terribly of the match against Ireland when Germany caught the 1-1 in the 93. min. I couldn't believe my eyes when they started the second half by waiting for the clock to count down.

America can be proud of its team. It would have deserved to advance. And sad to see England leave. I would have loved a final England - Germany.
  • Reply 35 of 71
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Brazil in the final. GoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaL!

BRAZIL WINS!!!!
  • Reply 36 of 71
    jimdadjimdad Posts: 209member
    I'd just like to add my sympathy to all the England fans (NNOOTTT!!!!)

How can we feel sorry for a mob that maintain Ronaldinho's goal was a fluke ?

In case you think that we Scots are biased against the English - don't take it personally. When Scotland play Brazil part of us still wants them to win. If you love football you must appraciate them.
  • Reply 37 of 71
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Brazil will win it all. I hope they face Korea in the final. If they do, i will be cheering for Korea!
  • Reply 38 of 71
    Germany were in an easy group.

England was in the Group of Death.

The U.S. did very well.

I expect the Germans, as always, to sneak through.

Still, only a game . . .

I am now off to do some more holiday planning. Anyone here know powerdoc's address?

- T.I.
  • Reply 39 of 71
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Mr. The Installer

See? I told you that England would lose. I am right and you are wrong

Looks like my prediction (Germany vs Brazil) is getting closer to reality

Shoot me The Installer. I now am wearing armour
  • Reply 40 of 71
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    Now that the U.S. is out (Lucky Germany), I vote for Brazil.

I'm watching Spain Vs Korea. Go Korea!