Apple releases iPhone, iPad iOS 4.2 Golden Master to developers

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

I've heard some of these comments myself so I'm hopeful but i remember whar Apple did to iPhone 3G users an update or two ago. So frankly I don't trust them! The iOS team seems to have a different idea about software quality versus the OS/X team. They certainly haven't done their reputation any good.

Still I'm optimistic. I'm also wondering if they are building with the LLVM tool chain yet. CLANG is pretty much ready and they have made great strides with the rest of LLVM. I understand that know most of BSD can be built with CLANG. It actually excites me that we might have a high quality tool chain that isn't GPL'ed.

I'm actually trying to motivate myself to do an app or two on the side. It isn't all that easy to do when working full time. Actually this reminds me Apple has a lot of downloads coming in the next couple of weeks. Looks like I will be taking advantage of the local WiFi hot spots.

C'mon in... the water's fine!

• Reply 42 of 49
    Does anyone know where to get the water drops wallpaper shown on the original post?
  • Reply 43 of 49
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    The iPad simulator in the new version of XCode is not stable for me, it sits there frozen for up to a minute while the debugger tries to connect to the process. There's nothing worse than when things like this happen and the download says "GM."
  • Reply 44 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutykamu View Post

same here buddy... i love my iPhone 4 but i'm still having proximity sensor issue most of the time when i'm on call... i hope if there is some hidden fix inside 4.2 update...

I'm dying for iOS 4.2 because it will determine if I stay with Apple or move to Android
  • Reply 45 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The iPad simulator in the new version of XCode is not stable for me, it sits there frozen for up to a minute while the debugger tries to connect to the process. There's nothing worse than when things like this happen and the download says "GM."

No problems with iPad Sim here!

• Reply 46 of 49
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Nice mouth...

I'll write FU if I want. I didn't say it about anyone here. Grow up the lot of you and deal with it.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    That's right, you can be surly whenever you like, and nobody can say anything about it. Surliness is its own defense, apparently.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    If you press the home button while on a call it will leave the screen that allows you or your face to press any phone functions ie. mute, speaker, end call, etc.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Actually I can live without a few more features if Apple could just make my proximity sensor work right. I am now on my fourth iPhone 4 (second one since the latest iOS release) and although it is better, it is still extremely frustrating to hang up on people in the middle of business calls.

The only way I get decent performance is to physically lay the phone against the side of my head and get as much surface contact as possible. The seems to help.

Is anyone else still having challenges with the prox sensor or is it just me?

• Reply 49 of 49
    if you slide left twice (past the play/pause, skip back controls) you will see a volume slider bar if only you could also adjust brightness this way on iPhone