Apple posts Black Friday sale teaser

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quit whining. If you want a better price at an Apple Store, ASK for it. In the few days following Black Friday, I've gotten discounts on computers and other larger-ticket items that equaled the best offered by online resellers, except that I've had to pay local sales tax. Know your price, ask, and they'll check with the store manager. The worst they can say is no.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    If you just google for Apple Black Friday 2009 you'll find this:

http://news.cnet.com/apples-black-friday-deals/

Looks like Apple did 10% of. Which is not much... but.... when you're buying a $1000+ laptop... saving $100 is great.

You could get a laptop for yourself (or whoever) and use the saved $100 to $150 to buy an ipod nano/touch/etc. for someone else...
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dksmidtx View Post

No, it is not. It's an insult to the buyer's intelligence and pocketbook. This is right in line with "the day you will remember forever" and you get the Beatles catalog. Don't get me wrong, it was a long overdue event, but not one that will find a permanent place on my calendar, while the world was waiting for them to disclose something truly useful like a streaming service, etc.

The RDF strikes again.

You will remember that day forever though.

You'll remember it as being a disappointment!
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Apples Black Friday event always isn't. Every year there are always a few rumors of a "real" sale. And every year it is always 5%, maybe 10% if your lucky, on some items- which only matches what MacMall, Amazon, etc. sale the products for all the time.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blueeddie View Post

does this add onto education discount? i can already save 200 bucks on a macbook pro with student education discount. with black friday, im hoping another 100 bucks off... but i doubt its going to happen.

hoping at least the magic mouse drops to 50bucks from 69

Typically, these sales are not cummulative with the educational discount - you can get one or the other, but not both. (Of course, since there usually isn't an educational discount on iOS devices, this might be a good time to look at them).
  • Reply 26 of 31
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elliots11 View Post

You two are pretty funny : )

And $25 is $25! That's lunch and then some.

Or 25 TV show rentals.

Or a down payment on a second Apple TV.

or one blu ray movie
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Best deals I've gotten from Apple is during the Fall Semester at college. My school offers the last gen computers for much cheaper PLUS the free iPod gig.

So far bought:

Fall 2008 - iMac 24" (2.4 ghz, 2 ram) for 1k + free iPod

Fall 2009 - Macbook (Aluminum 2.0ghz, 2 ram) for 1100 + free iPod

Fall 2010 - Macbook Pro (13", 2.53 ghz, 4 ram) for 1050 + free iPod

Then i sell the free iPod for 200
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elliots11 View Post

You two are pretty funny : )

And $25 is $25! That's lunch and then some.

Or 25 TV show rentals.

Or a down payment on a second Apple TV.

what does it say about our society that people will camp outside of stores for a WEEK prior to black friday in order to save an extra $300 on a TV?

what's worse is they can put that model number into bing or google shopping and find an online retailer who will sell it cheaper, with free shipping, and no sales tax, and no sitting in a TENT for a week on a sidewalk. AND NO THREAT OF BEING TRAMPLED TO DEATH BY RETARDED HUDDLED MASSES.

a bit off topic, i know.

Apple black friday deals have historically never been any better than the ADP employee pricing discount i get at apple.com any day of the year.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GelfTheElf View Post

If you just google for Apple Black Friday 2009 you'll find this:

http://news.cnet.com/apples-black-friday-deals/

Looks like Apple did 10% of. Which is not much... but.... when you're buying a $1000+ laptop... saving $100 is great.

You could get a laptop for yourself (or whoever) and use the saved $100 to $150 to buy an ipod nano/touch/etc. for someone else...

Great idea. This is how Apple thinks as well. You "save" and after that you spend it again, on Apple product.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    I was going to wait on purchasing my iMac for this sale but I couldn't wait. Knowing what the previous discounts were it wasn't worth holding-up my purchase plans. It would be neat/nice if Apple did drop the AppleTV to $75. I'd buy one in a heartbeat at that price. I'm still considering buying one at even $100.

Apple should severly discount their Time Capsules. I'm sure they'll get an update after the new year.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

It would be nice if Apple dropped their Australian prices to match the US, after all our dollar is at parity.

Price have not been updated, they seem stuck in a timewarp, a 99c US song is $A1.69, a 99c US App is $A1.29 reflecting the value of the $A at the initial time of pricing.

99c US = $A1

Hey, given the stinky state of the US dollar, we shareholders need to find ways to maintain our margins.

Thanks, Aussies.