Apple resellers launch early Black Friday sales: $150 off MacBooks, $270 off MacBook Pros, more...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
A pair of leading Apple Authorized Resellers launched early Black Friday sales overnight, offering up to $400 off new Macs, including $150 off white MacBooks, up to $270 off MacBook Pros, up to $180 off iMacs, and up to $100 off new Mac minis and MacBook Airs.

In particular, both MacConnection (sale) and MacMall (sale) have confirmed to AppleInsider that their Black Friday Mac pricing discounts are now available a full day early. It should be noted that MacMall, which recently received an 87 point "recommended" reseller rating from Consumer Reports, is offering instant discounts, while many of MacConnection's savings require customers to participate in mail-in-rebates.

Among the standouts for Mac notebooks this year are several deals from the former, including the sole white MacBook for $849.99 ($149 discount), the 2.66GHz 13" MacBook Pro for $1,299 ($200 savings), the 2.4GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,599 ($200 savings), the 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,579 ($240 savings), and the 2.53GHz 17" MacBook Pro for $2,029 ($270 savings).

The reseller, which appears as if it will retain last year's crown as the most heavily discounted Mac reseller over Black Friday, is also offering big savings on desktops, including the 2.40GHz Mac mini for $599 ($100 savings), the 3.06GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,049.00 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,349 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 27.0" iMac for $1,529 ($170 savings), and the 2.80GHz 27.0" iMac quad-core for $1,819.00 ($180 savings).

Meanwhile, MacMall has teamed up with AppleInsider to offer its readers an additional instant 2% discount off Apple's new family of MacBook Airs when using the links in this article. The promotion results in the lowest prices we've seen on both the 11-inch models, bringing the 1.40GHz 11" MacBook Air 64GB to $941.60 ($57 savings) and the 1.40GHz 11" MacBook Air 128GB to $1,126.01 ($73 savings). With coupons, the resellers prices on the 13-inch MacBook Airs are also within a few dollars of the best prices on those models seen elsewhere. Again, the prices you see on MacMall are the prices you pay, no rebates needed.

MacMall is also offering $400 off 2.66GHz 12-Core Mac Pro and both Amazon and J&R Computer World are selling the new 1.86GHz 13" MacBook Air 256GB for $,1499 ($100 savings). All of these discounts and others can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Pricing Guide, which is also republished below. The lowest prices are highlighted in bold links and the total discount compared to Apple's suggested retail price can be seen on the far right in red.

It should also be noted the both MacConnection and MacMall are offering free shipping and free printers with each Mac purchase. MacMall is also offering a free copy of Parallels Desktop 6 with each Mac purchase. Both offers are tied to rebates.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A pair of leading Apple Authorized Resellers launched early Black Friday sales overnight, offering up to $400 off new Macs, including $150 off white MacBooks, up to $270 off MacBook Pros, up to $180 off iMacs, and up to $100 off new Mac minis and MacBook Airs.

In particular, both MacConnection (sale) and MacMall (sale) have confirmed to AppleInsider that their Black Friday Mac pricing discounts are now available a full day early. Among the standouts for Mac notebooks this year are several deals from the former, including the sole white MacBook for $849.99 ($149 discount), the 2.66GHz 13" MacBook Pro for $1,299 ($200 savings), the 2.4GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,599 ($200 savings), the 2.53GHz 15" MacBook Pro for $1,579 ($240 savings), and the 2.53GHz 17" MacBook Pro for $2,029 ($270 savings).

The reseller, which appears as if it will retain last year's crown as the most heavily discounted Mac reseller over Black Friday, is also offering big savings on desktops, including the 2.40GHz Mac mini for $599 ($100 savings), the 3.06GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,049.00 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 21.5" iMac for $1,349 ($150 savings), the 3.20GHz 27.0" iMac for $1,529 ($170 savings), and the 2.80GHz 27.0" iMac quad-core for $1,819.00 ($180 savings).

Meanwhile, MacMall is offering $400 off 2.66GHz 12-Core Mac Pro and both Amazon and J&R Computer World are selling the new 1.86GHz 13" MacBook Air 256GB for $,1499 ($100 savings). All of these discounts and others can be seen in AppleInsider's Mac Pricing Guide, which is also republished below. The lowest prices are highlighted in bold links and the total discount compared to Apple's suggested retail price can be seen on the far right in red.

It should also be noted the both MacConnection and MacMall are offering free shipping and free printers with each Mac purchase. MacMall is also offering a free copy of Parallels Desktop 6 with each Mac purchase. Both offers are tied to rebates.

That is great savings I wish they had this where I reside in the Philippines.Here you get nothing off.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    For those who live anywhere around a MicroCenter store, their Black Friday price on the MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz) is the best yet by a healthy margin... $999.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

For those who live anywhere around a MicroCenter store, their Black Friday price on the MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz) is the best yet by a healthy margin... $999.

1199-999=200; 200/1199=16,6% not bad.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    iPad specials? I guess Apple know what they don't have to discount!
  • Reply 5 of 26
    would be interesting for Apple Insider to put a percentage calculation in the discount column on the right...
  • Reply 6 of 26
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

iPad specials? I guess Apple know what they don't have to discount!

Except these aren't Apple discounts- Apple should be so generous. Check the Apple store tomorrow yourself and see if Apple matches these deals.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

That is great savings I wish they had this where I reside in the Philippines.Here you get nothing off.

We do a bit better than you in the UK although still far off of the discount that the Americans get. Lol, if they get $150 off of something from Apple.com we'd be lucky to get £10 off!
  • Reply 8 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

Except these aren't Apple discounts- Apple should be so generous. Check the Apple store tomorrow yourself and see if Apple matches these deals.

Good point.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

We do a bit better than you in the UK although still far off of the discount that the Americans get. Lol, if they get $150 off of something from Apple.com we'd be lucky to get £10 off!

That tea tax incident really came back to bite eh?
  • Reply 10 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Then you slap on the 20% VAT and it's game over. Ouch!
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLiver View Post

Seems unlikely. They have no reason to discount already hot sellers.
  • Reply 12 of 26
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kfury77 View Post

would be interesting for Apple Insider to put a percentage calculation in the discount column on the right...

You're on a computer and you can't figure out percentages ??? What's up with that???
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A pair of leading Apple Authorized Resellers launched early Black Friday sales overnight, offering up to $400 off new Macs, including $150 off white MacBooks, up to $270 off MacBook Pros, up to $180 off iMacs, and up to $100 off new Mac minis and MacBook Airs...

Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of trashy and rude when a Mac Tech blog or rumour site puts up "stories" about "great deals at store X, Y, or Z?"

It's not only rude to approximately half of your readership who don't live in the USA and don't give a rat's petuti about American Thanksgiving or "Black Friday" (and what a horrible, horrible name that is!), it's just plain old boring and lame.

I could see the logic of putting up a notice in the forum for your users (at least those who care), but making it a "story" on the front page is lame, lame, lame IMO.

One of the reasons I never visit the forums here is that I don't care to talk endlessly about everything Apple, (like sales, and who wants to trade crap, and what everyone's opinion about stuff is). I come here to the front page only, to read topical and current stories and rumours about Apple technology and forthcoming Apple products and services.

This is not that.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

It's not only rude to approximately half of your readership who don't live in the USA and don't give a rat's petuti about American Thanksgiving or "Black Friday"

There will be a sale tomorrow in Canada too. Imo since Apple "sales" are extremely rare, this one is worth mentionning.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Target has a good deal on iPod touches. They sent out a mailer with a 10% off coupon and a $15 gift card if you spend $150 or more. Not certain they are stackable. Not "great" if you are shopping for an 8 GB model, but good if you're after one of the larger ones.

Walmart has a $50 card with the purchase of the 8 GB model. Online they have the 32 GB model for $278 with an accessory kit

Best Buy is offering gift cards at their online store. $30, $40, $50 for the 8 GB, 32 GB & 64 GB respectively. Thurs - Saturday.

Amazon has the 32 GB for $280 plus a $20 gift card. 8 GB for $200.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of trashy and rude when a Mac Tech blog or rumour site puts up "stories" about "great deals at store X, Y, or Z?"

It's not only rude to approximately half of your readership who don't live in the USA and don't give a rat's petuti about American Thanksgiving or "Black Friday" (and what a horrible, horrible name that is!), it's just plain old boring and lame.

I could see the logic of putting up a notice in the forum for your users (at least those who care), but making it a "story" on the front page is lame, lame, lame IMO.

One of the reasons I never visit the forums here is that I don't care to talk endlessly about everything Apple, (like sales, and who wants to trade crap, and what everyone's opinion about stuff is). I come here to the front page only, to read topical and current stories and rumours about Apple technology and forthcoming Apple products and services.

This is not that.

941 posts indicate otherwise. Would you like some cheese with that ...?
  • Reply 17 of 26
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Deals are now live in the Australian Apple Store. $51 off iPads, iPod touch and $121 off most macs except the low end MacBook air and white MacBook. Many accessories discounted too.

Linky: http://store.apple.com/au/browse/cam...fo-fy11-bf0001
  • Reply 18 of 26
    Aint gonna get any discounts on iPad my friends...Steve Jobs is a recluse but he aint stupid...he knows full well the iPad is a billion time slicker that RIM's iRipOffBook, or BlackBerry tablet.... or whatever those boys up in Waterloo who are still hoding on to the 1990s are calling it these days.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleEater View Post

Aint gonna get any discounts on iPad my friends...Steve Jobs is a recluse but he aint stupid...he knows full well the iPad is a billion time slicker that RIM's iRipOffBook, or BlackBerry tablet.... or whatever those boys up in Waterloo who are still hoding on to the 1990s are calling it these days.

They are already discounted in international online apple stores (it's Friday in Australia already). Steve is using this to clear out inventory before the new model launches in Jan/Feb next year.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

Deals are now live in the Australian Apple Store. $51 off iPads, iPod touch and $121 off most macs except the low end MacBook air and white MacBook. Many accessories discounted too.

Linky: http://store.apple.com/au/browse/cam...fo-fy11-bf0001

Looks like about 10% off. That's what most retailers in the US are offering now. I'm bouncing between the 8 GB and the 32 GB. The 8 GB because of cost, but I'm planning to get a GPS add-on, and I think the extra space would be better for map databases; I don't want the unit filled with maps & have to unload the map app every time I want to load some movies or games.

- Jasen.