White iPhone 4 seen in public, test finds issues with camera flash

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kwoot27 View Post

I get terribly overexposed photos with my flash on my black iphone 4...can't imagine a white one.

A little off topic....any suggestions for an excellent photo app takes that takes great photos with the flash on??

Thanks!

Me too... But I could have sworn that the pics I took fresh out of the box were a lot better than after 4.1 and 4.2. Maybe software changed something?
  • Reply 22 of 44
    smells fishy.
  • Reply 23 of 44
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kwoot27 View Post

I get terribly overexposed photos with my flash on my black iphone 4...can't imagine a white one.

A little off topic....any suggestions for an excellent photo app takes that takes great photos with the flash on??

Thanks!

I used to have the same problem in dark places when the flash is on. It seems that the existence of dust or dirt on the flash and lens surfaces causes this problem (light reflecting back to the lens from the flash). Make sure you wipe the lens first.
  • Reply 24 of 44
    My black iPhone 4 takes horrible, overexposed flash photos with white balance issues a colorblind man could see.
  • Reply 25 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

Females will love this

What's the point of making a post that's just an insult?

I can't report you because I've tried similar in the past and I know the mods don't consider this to be a "violation" in their eyes, but try to be an upstanding citizen and keep your bigotry to yourself, please. All you have to do is swap in a race, or a religious minority for your dig (which is aimed at women and presumably gay men), to see how offensive it is.

Try being a grown up and stop posting stuff like this. It might have been a funny remark in 1965, but it's just lame and offensive in today's world.

Thanks.
  • Reply 26 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I can't report you because I've tried similar in the past and I know the mods don't consider this to be a "violation" in their eyes, but try to be an upstanding citizen and keep your bigotry to yourself, please. All you have to do is swap in a race, or a religious minority for your dig (which is aimed at women and presumably gay men), to see how offensive it is.

Try being a grown up and stop posting stuff like this. It might have been a funny remark in 1965, but it's just lame and offensive in today's world.

Thanks.

As insult or bigotry goes, this seemed pretty innocuous to me. But more to the point, there was a story about a week ago about a survey that purported to show that women prefer iPhones and men Androids. When I read his comment I thought he (or she) was merely expanding on that.
  • Reply 27 of 44
    gxcadgxcad Posts: 120member
    Quote:

Thanks.

Oh please, people are too sensitive these days. Were you truly insulted, or did you just say that because you thought others would agree with you? I happen to know women (one in particular) who bought the 3Gs instead of the 4 because she wanted it in white. Its not that bad to say women like white iPhones. Women also like pink iPods. If mods banned me for saying that I would not come back to this forum. Perhaps the mods are right in not reacting to this?
  • Reply 28 of 44
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gxcad View Post

Oh please, people are too sensitive these days. Were you truly insulted, or did you just say that because you thought others would agree with you? I happen to know women (one in particular) who bought the 3Gs instead of the 4 because she wanted it in white. Its not that bad to say women like white iPhones. Women also like pink iPods. If mods banned me for saying that I would not come back to this forum. Perhaps the mods are right in not reacting to this?

As a mod, I wouldn't delete a post because of it. Of course, there are different ways of saying something. If it's said as part of a serious discussion of likes and dislikes, then there's certainly nothing wrong with it. I did comment on his post though, because several male reviewers did say they wished they could get the white model. I doubt that's restricted to just women.

I also responded because his post was negative in intention, and I wanted to break the idea he was floating as a negative remark. I do think we have to be careful. It seems as though making remarks about what women will like or not is acceptable, but making the exact same remark substituting race, religion or ethnic background is not, and people should keep that in mind when posting remarks, and the intent behind the post.
  • Reply 29 of 44
    As of right now it's like seeing Bigfoot in the Apple world. I will believe it when they go on sale in stores us mortals can buy.
  • Reply 30 of 44
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I'm sure that's exactly what the problem is. But I don't see why it can't be fixed. All Apple should have to do is to have a black coating around the flash hole, and behind the panel. A bit more expensive to make, but it should end the problem.

It is surprising how much the light bleeds through the black panel. White doesn't stand much chance to block it.
  • Reply 31 of 44
    hkzhkz Posts: 190member
    Calling bullmess. I have a white back that's OEM quality and as someone already said, there is NO way that someone would be so willing to talk about it. If he was testing it for Apple it would be disguised and like the 'lost' iPhone 4 earlier this year it would be in a case. The parts to make a white one are easily obtained.
  • Reply 32 of 44
    Quote:

Thanks.

Funny you say that, my girlfriend wanted an iPhone 4 solely because it was white. She's had to settle with an aftermarket white back for her Christmas present. It's a valid point. If I hadn't bought her a phone and the white back she wouldn't have an iPhone 4.
  • Reply 33 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Harleigh Quinn View Post

White iPhone 4 - $1,300

I keep looking at it to see if it's a photoshop and it really does seem real enough.

Ludicrous asking price though.....

It's real, the parts are sold at whiteiphone4now.com and the quality is fantastic. Save the money and buy the parts yourself, it's not easy replacing the front glass but it's cheaper than what they are asking and your warranty will be just as void!
  • Reply 34 of 44
    If they modified the antenna on the white iPhone, do you think they modifed it for the black iPhone as well?
  • Reply 35 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by womble2k2 View Post

Personally I don't see the attraction of the white one. Black is best!

Phil

Always bet on black!

• Reply 36 of 44
    Quote:

Thanks.

I was joking. Lighten up. It's a phone. I'm not a bigot either. I always sense people who bandy those types of accusations are a little tainted themselves. I clearly offended you so apologies for that.
  • Reply 37 of 44
    Quote:

Yeah, and all of those MALE tech writers who said they want one.

I agree, although it was a poor attempt at making light of some of the nonsense written lately but it clearly failed. My bad Northern English humour\
  • Reply 38 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

As insult or bigotry goes, this seemed pretty innocuous to me. But more to the point, there was a story about a week ago about a survey that purported to show that women prefer iPhones and men Androids. When I read his comment I thought he (or she) was merely expanding on that.

Thank you Robin. That was my intention. Your not from Northern England by any chance
  • Reply 39 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gxcad View Post

Thanks for that. Although I'd be horrified if someone got banned for making a joke, albeit a bad one. What sort of world would that be. Perish the thought.
  • Reply 40 of 44
    gxcadgxcad Posts: 120member
    Quote:

Thanks.

Quote:

As a mod, I wouldn't delete a post because of it. Of course, there are different ways of saying something. If it's said as part of a serious discussion of likes and dislikes, then there's certainly nothing wrong with it. I did comment on his post though, because several male reviewers did say they wished they could get the white model. I doubt that's restricted to just women.

I also responded because his post was negative in intention, and I wanted to break the idea he was floating as a negative remark. I do think we have to be careful. It seems as though making remarks about what women will like or not is acceptable, but making the exact same remark substituting race, religion or ethnic background is not, and people should keep that in mind when posting remarks, and the intent behind the post.

Ahh I did it again. I apologize for posting with such an angry/attacking tone, I do get easily heated when it comes to society getting too sensitive over sexism/racism. I stand by my opinion that going off on someone for saying women like white iPhones is too sensitive, though. I'll try to be careful as to how i present my stance and ideas in the future.