White iPhone 4 seen in public, test finds issues with camera flash

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    iliveriliver Posts: 299member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

Females will love this

Personally, I'd prefer a Product (RED) iPad.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    everyone knows you can get it from www.cnn.cn or www.ipatchup.com, its just a damn housing. people saying they are testing for apple to make themselves feel cool? i mean come on..damn fanboys
  • Reply 43 of 44
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

It is surprising how much the light bleeds through the black panel. White doesn't stand much chance to block it.

Yes, but if there's black paint behind that, it would work. I have no idea how Apple is doing this, and they obviously have problems that are serious or it would be out by now. But at first, we were reading that the problem was that they could only make these very slowly, and that they were waiting for sufficient supplies. Now, we read this. It's difficult to know what the truth really is.

It just doesn't seem like such a difficult problem to solve. There are a lot of ways they could do it, though all would cost more. They could bond a very thin layer of metal behind the white paint. A couple tens thick would do. I can think of a number of other methods. It makes me wonder if this is really the problem.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    This flash problem looks all too familiar.

Recently I purchased an aftermarket back-plate for my iPhone 4. They key problem with it is that it didn't include a grommet-style ring to block the flash LED from the camera itself. The end result was exactly as this movie depicted.

Here's a few pictures that I took to show the issue:

And now, the actual photos the iPhone camera had a problem taking with the flash off, and then on:

My hunch is that this mysterious white iPhone has the same issue, and likely isn't a "tester" directly from Apple.