Apple sued over privacy rights in iPhone ads case

13»

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 47
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 2,452member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JuanGuapo View Post


    I think this is more about trying to get $$$ than anything else...



    Yes, Apple profits indirectly from it.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,153member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by magicj View Post


    The UUID is absolutely the user's data. The user owns the device, not Apple.



    It is UDID (Unique Device Identifier) not UUID. The UDID is associated with the device and by itself it doesn't have any personal user information associated with it.



    From Apple documentation:



    Quote:

    Important: Never store user information based solely on the UDID. Always use a combination of UDID and application-specific user ID. A combined ID ensures that if a user passes a device on to another user, the new user will not have access to the original user’s data.



    You own your car but your car VIN is not your personal/user data.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    Meanwhile the federal government is using red light cameras, full body scanners, spying on your phone calls and emails, trying to control what you feed your children, how cold you keep your a/c, what you say and do in public, and yet, somehow, all this goes un noticed and no one seems to give a shit. yet when a "big bad evil corporation" wants some advertising revenue, the fit hits the shan!
  • Reply 44 of 47
    tjwtjw Posts: 216member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by habi View Post


    What about Android?!?!



    android make no fancy claims about third party apps like apple do. About time naive apple fanboys saw that this whole private data thing is not a google only phenomenon.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    tjwtjw Posts: 216member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ericblr View Post


    Meanwhile the federal government is using red light cameras, full body scanners, spying on your phone calls and emails, trying to control what you feed your children, how cold you keep your a/c, what you say and do in public, and yet, somehow, all this goes un noticed and no one seems to give a shit. yet when a "big bad evil corporation" wants some advertising revenue, the fit hits the shan!



    I used exactly the same argument here a couple of weeks ago when apple fanboys were bashing android over privacy. Strange how it is somehow valid now that apple have been caught doing worse. At least with google they make everything crystal clear about what they collect.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjw View Post


    I used exactly the same argument here a couple of weeks ago when apple fanboys were bashing android over privacy. Strange how it is somehow valid now that apple have been caught doing worse. At least with google they make everything crystal clear about what they collect.



    Aww, paw widdle Android, what happened to all the DROID DOES tough talk?



    A couple of criticisms and the geeks whine like little b*tches.



    Apple did not drive around snooping on people's wifi networks, Apple would not get away with the whiny "We're sorry" that Google used on the federal government.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjw View Post


    I used exactly the same argument here a couple of weeks ago when apple fanboys were bashing android over privacy. Strange how it is somehow valid now that apple have been caught doing worse. At least with google they make everything crystal clear about what they collect.



    You talk nonsense. I would suggest you make a change to your source of information.
Sign In or Register to comment.