Evidence points to Apple launch of Verizon iPhone on Feb. 3 - rumor

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

...this notion that they are prohibited from doing so before the one-year mark is simply ridiculous.

What notion? He said nothing of the sort. iDevices traditionally update once per year. It's pretty simple to make a case for it.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

Strange. It's as if the FCC has declared that if Apple dares to release a new version of a product in any time frame other than one year, there will be consequences.

You're quite wrong about that. Apple is free to release new product whenever it feels like it. Not saying when Apple will release the new iPad but this notion that they are prohibited from doing so before the one-year mark is simply ridiculous.

You need to learn to read. Let me repeat. The main thing is that Apple will not announce the iPad 2 months before it's release. People here are thinking because it is close to the anniversary of the announcement of iPad 1 the announcement of iPad 2 must be forthcoming.

It probably isn't. There is always the chance that they are on an 11 month upgrade cycle, but I doubt it.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

small issue. Apple no longer attends MacWorld. And the CEO of Verizon publicly stated that if there is ever a Verizon iPhone, Apple will announce it

So who is going to be making this big announcement at MW

I'm guessing that the Verizon statement regarding who gets to announce a Verizon iPhone was more about not spilling the beans prematurely rather than literally meaning Apple has to speak up first.

As I recall, the remark came in response to being asked about the iPhone, yet again, not that long ago. Obviously, Seidenberg would have known at the time if a deal had been worked out and was just being politic and no doubt keenly aware of how rabid Apple is about these sorts of things (in fact, you could imagine him sort of smiling to himself as he said that, remembering the threats of execution if he got too loose lipped).

In other words, I don't see his statement as precluding Verizon handling the rollout, once the timetable is set with Apple's blessing.