Inside the Apple-Verizon iPhone deal: technical planning took 6-9 months

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    "We worked probably six or nine months on the technical side...."

Is it just me or shouldn't they be able to narrow the time they "worked on the technical side" closer than 3 months? That's a 50% spread...technically speaking. Talk about spinning the truth.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigpics View Post

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HYUyhujl4

Thanks!
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Signal strength is certainly a factor but so are many other things. The fact is everything around an antenna will have so impact on how it radiates and receives. The type of building impact transmissions, the person holding the device impacts antenna performance, even the orientation of the device impacts performance.

Maybe it is the cable generation that has zero appreciation for RF communications, but any body that has ever set up a TV antenna, or tried to grab a remote signal on an AM radio would understand this. If you are into HAM radio or even CB usage you have even more experience with the sometimes weirdness of RF communications. Unfortunately people expect a cell phone to work like a land line and it just isn't possible.

IPhone 4 does have a problem with that gap but people need to come to grips with the idea that they have some responsibility to get the device to work correctly. Even then the phone has one of the best performing RF front ends going so it takes a tiny bit more effort in exchange for leading edge performance.

That's what field strength means. It's the signal at the receiver, regardless of why.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

His girlfriend wanted an expensive dinner so he took her to the airport for a sandwich...

His dry humor combined with the delivery is a treat - I really enjoy his comedy.

Well, I'm definitely going to check him out. I'll look at my copies of Timeout NY to see if he appears here.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BartBuzz View Post

"We worked probably six or nine months on the technical side...."

Is it just me or shouldn't they be able to narrow the time they "worked on the technical side" closer than 3 months? That's a 50% spread...technically speaking. Talk about spinning the truth.

They probably talked about general parameters for a while, then got down to more serious work. It depends on where they started the race. That's the way it works. I went through that in my own companies. Preliminary talks first, which sometimes take a while. Do you include that? Maybe, maybe not.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iLoveStuff View Post

69 months, that's a long time.

Yes its really a very long time,and with time some changes are occurred.

Anisha567

Search for People,Handwriting Analyst and Detective Agencies