Apple iBooks app indicates iPad 2 will quadruple resolution to 2048x1536

14567810»

Comments

  • Reply 181 of 187
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post


    Unbelievable. The highest resolution display sold by Apple is 2560 by 1440 pixels on the 27" iMac and Cinema Display.

    I can't see iPad 2 having nearly equal resolution on a 9.7" display. The hardware wont be able to handle it.



    When you say it like that it makes sense. We'll see.
  • Reply 182 of 187
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kasakka View Post


    I seriously doubt we will see that high a resolution. Even regular displays don't have that kinda res until you reach 30" displays meant for people who work with graphics daily.



    It would also mean that games would have to be run at a lower resolution and upscaled or alternatively would need to have very low quality textures because the devices don't have enough VRAM (do they even have any?) to handle that high a res with lots of textures.



    So they continue to run games at iPad 1 resolution then. Next dilemma.
  • Reply 183 of 187
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jrandersoniii View Post


    Or, might Apple just be prepping iBooks for an OSX release via the Mac App Store?



    Reading books on a computer screen is retarded.
  • Reply 184 of 187
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post


    You are holding it wrong.



    No, he's not. Too heavy. Number 1 complaint. Blaming the user is not the way forward.
  • Reply 185 of 187
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Reading books on a computer screen is retarded.



    That sounds like the elitist argument when people say they don?t watch TV. What?s retarded about reading on a computer screen? I know quite a few people that have easily transitioned from a lifetime of traditional books to reading on Kindles, iPads and other computing devices. Does the computer screen soil the purity of the content? Does it change the meaning of the text?
  • Reply 186 of 187
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    That sounds like the elitist argument when people say they don’t watch TV. What’s retarded about reading on a computer screen? I know quite a few people that have easily transitioned from a lifetime of traditional books to reading on Kindles, iPads and other computing devices. Does the computer screen soil the purity of the content? Does it change the meaning of the text?



    I would argue reading books on any LCD is not a good idea. I own a Kindle 3 and I still prefer to read real paper books. A nicer experience and my eyes never hurt afterwards. The Kindle is the next best thing, but I dislike the hardware device design, from its page buttons, the ever-present keyboard and the fact that the screen is a limiting 6". Book reading time is time to put down the iPad and away the computer.



    You can't compare the iPad to the Kindle. The whole point of the Kindle is the specialised display.
  • Reply 187 of 187
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    I would argue reading books on any LCD is not a good idea. I own a Kindle 3 and I still prefer to read real paper books. A nicer experience and my eyes never hurt afterwards. The Kindle is the next best thing, but I dislike the hardware device design, from its page buttons, the ever-present keyboard and the fact that the screen is a limiting 6". Book reading time is time to put down the iPad and away the computer.



    You can't compare the iPad to the Kindle. The whole point of the Kindle is the specialised display.



    I, like a good majority of people, spend all day reading on LCD displays. We do it for pleasure and for work. My eyes have never tired. Now we read on LCDs and eInk displays yet you say it’s “not a good idea” and “reading time is time to put down and step away from any computer? By your recokening someone who reads the classics, history or non-fiction via an eReader app or device is below the sophistication of someone who reads a paper book? Does that include comic books? Shame on you, or am I misinterpreting your meaning being “retarded."
Sign In or Register to comment.