Adobe poised to build cloud features into Creative Suite 6 with Maestro

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    So this Muse is essentially Freeway Pro, but hosted on Adobe servers?

What happens if my site uses fonts hosted on an Adobe server, and that server goes down?
  • Reply 62 of 62
    I don't know, I am a graphic designer first, learned it before computers were mainstream, my first program to layout design was MacPaint or something like that and second was Pagemaker.

But when it came to web design I learned it by myself (via training tapes and books) from the ground up. I have yet to get a layout design program to recreate a page in html and CSS properly, not that they don't but I can't bridge it in my mind (old school I guess). So I didn't waste any time on it. Besides most of my clients want CMS programs, so it is different from even making a page in Dreamweaver. I spend more time in pure html programs (TextWrangler, et. al) tweaking the php pages or theme hooks or the functions file. Don't think Muse is designed for that. And the other thing is my clients are small business and can't fork over Abode's extortion fees for contributing. Wordpress is free. Great themes are available for modest one time fees.

As for the cloud server, I just signed up for Mobile Me and am quite happy with it. But whatever works is what you use and I do have to use DreamWeaver too because sometimes that is the tool that works.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubert View Post

OK. Muse sounds freakin' sweet!!! And, I can't believe I am saying that about an Adobe app.