Existing Verizon customers can now preorder Apple's CDMA iPhone 4

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mopsahl24 View Post

I was wondering the same thing. I saw it too and got very excited. Maybe we will get our iphones way earlier than expected? Wishful thinking?

Here is the exact wording on my order....."FEDEXSTDOVERNIGHT3PM".....Maybe it will ship at 3pm today? Who knows!
  • Reply 42 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aviboy97 View Post

Here is the exact wording on my order....."FEDEXSTDOVERNIGHT3PM".....Maybe it will ship at 3pm today? Who knows!

My confirmation says" The estimated ship date for your order is: 02/10/2011". FEDEXSTDOVERNIGHT3PM = Fedex standard overnight delivers by 3pm the next day to non residential addresses. It's a type of shipping option not when it will ship. I ordered at 4am
  • Reply 43 of 48
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

Most international providers use GSM, not CDMA.....so you can roam in popular locations (like Europe) with an AT&T iPHone.....not with Verizon.

Yes, I now understand you can't easily roam in Europe and many other places with a VZW iPhone. However, most other VZW smartphones have no problem with this such as the one I have now (Blackberry) which works perfectly fine in Europe. I'd say this is a deficiency in the CDMA iPhone compared to several other CDMA smartphones available through VZW.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by therakker View Post

My confirmation says" The estimated ship date for your order is: 02/10/2011". FEDEXSTDOVERNIGHT3PM = Fedex standard overnight delivers by 3pm the next day to non residential addresses. It's a type of shipping option not when it will ship. I ordered at 4am

Gotcha
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Being a longtime Verizon customer and Apple person (both personal and professional), I stayed with Verizon when it was time to renew our plan with the hope of that the iPhone would eventually come to Verizon. Now, they we are "eligible" to upgrade to the iPhone4, we only get the discount on the phone that is the "main line" because the second line of our Family Share Plan does not fall into the "plans with $39.99 or over" eligibility guidelines. Even though this phone is part of a $80 plan. So, $650 for the second phone and not the $199.99 provided for the first phone. Who in their right mind would pay full price for a phone? Why would you charge a longtime customer full price for a phone when they are essentially extending or re-upping for another 2 years?
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dougw View Post

The links from both Apple and VZW do not work for business accounts. ("error, we are trying to fix it...") We called. A VZW rep. said your company needs to contact us. We said, we are the company (we are the Pres. and CEO.) They said, after at least 10 handoffs, sorry, we can't do a preorder for a business account.

Anyone find a workaround to this?

I found a workaround and it took them about a week to get it straight with our business account. Luckily I figured out there was gonna be a problem a week ago and was able to get it worked out. (Took about 5 days and 4 CS reps to get it done. All were very nice and went out of their way to help. The fourth and final one, Candi, actually had the know-how to get the problem fixed, and quickly.)

You can order through a business account, but it has to be set up a certain way. (Don't ask me for the details. I don't understand it all!)
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

These results don't mean much when you aren't having to share the network with others. Let's go to a known Verizon trouble spot and see how it holds up. Rather than going to a known AT&T trouble spot and seeing how Verizon holds up. Plus, in one video they said the amount of people in the geographic area using he same device matters as to how responsive your service is. They are the only Verizon Iphone in the area right now. Wise up people. Verizon paid them for that commercial.

Where is the "known Verizon trouble spot"? On the NYC subway, no works good there. On the Wash DC Metro, no works great there. In Phoenix, no Verizon works great here. In SF, no Verizon works there...name the "known Verizon trouble spots"... please
  • Reply 48 of 48
    lowepglowepg Posts: 106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fizzmaster View Post

Great news for all you Verizon fans, they have announced that they will begin throttling data speeds for the largest consumers. So much for 'unlimited'.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/verizon_starts_data_throttling_content_optimizatio n/[/URL]

Yes it IS great news. Why should 95% of the users suffer for the no-life super-nerds who need to live on their iphone and suck 80% of the bandwidth?

As one of the 95%- I'm thrilled.

Now if you are one of the 5%, I guess its a bummer for you. Sorry. You might have to go outside or something or *gasp* interact with someone OFFLINE