Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping

Comments

• Reply 61 of 86
    Did anyone order as a business and get a shipment notification?
  • Reply 62 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryan884 View Post

I got my ups tracking number and it says Departed -\t West Chester, PA, United States, Friday, 02/04/2011 so its not coming in today even though it used ups next day air and it shipped last night. So i guess monday ill get it because ups does not ship weekends. Im not sure about people who got fedex for shipping.

one day shipping would mean you'd get it on the 5th, which means monday since the 5th is a saturday. getting it today would have been less than one day shipping lol

and mine says the exact same thing as yours. Left West Chester, PA at 11:30AM and i haven't gotten any other updates. i wish it would at least tell me if it's on time and what the scheduled delivery date is!
  • Reply 63 of 86
    Apple may hold up delivery or delay activation to Feb 9 or Feb 10. Just something they've done in the past on new products or new versions.
  • Reply 64 of 86
    My ups tracking page was just updated to say Scheduled Delivery:

Monday, 02/07/2011. Cant wait!
  • Reply 65 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryan884 View Post

My ups tracking page was just updated to say Scheduled Delivery:

Monday, 02/07/2011. Cant wait!

FedEX package scheduled for Monday 2-7-2011 (3PM)!

Funny thing is my package left Memphis package place then arrived back at the place... really? They ship out then re arrive??
  • Reply 66 of 86
    penchantedpenchanted Posts: 1,070member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parker978 View Post

FedEX package scheduled for Monday 2-7-2011 (3PM)!

Funny thing is my package left Memphis package place then arrived back at the place... really? They ship out then re arrive??

Maybe Apple insisted on no deliveries until the 10th.
  • Reply 67 of 86
    jtl2jtl2 Posts: 3member
    Latest update this morning

Louisville, KY, United States 02/05/2011 4:50 A.M. Departure Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 02/04/2011 12:26 P.M. Arrival Scan

Memphis, TN, United States 02/04/2011 6:10 A.M. Departure Scan

Memphis, TN, United States 02/03/2011 9:26 P.M. Origin Scan

UPS Next Day Air®
  • Reply 68 of 86
    yeah there must have been a hold on them because mine sat in Philly for an entire day. it now says On Time and scheduled delivery is monday! so excited
  • Reply 69 of 86
    It seems obvious that there are no holds on the shipments. Like others, UPS tracking now shows my iPhone scheduled delivery as Monday 02/07/2011 by 3pm. It departed Philly at 3:44 A.M.

Verizon must heave learned something from Apple as far as getting free publicity. My friend who ordered at the same time I did, but from Apple, still has no shipping notice or tracking number. By getting the phones out so quickly, Verizon is getting all the news blurbs every day, and firing up even more Verizon iPhone lust before the major launch next week.
  • Reply 70 of 86
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EdanAharony View Post

Whats the rush? In 4 months the IPhone 5 will come out, then all the sorry Verizon IPhone customers whos locked into a 2 year agreement will wake up. Edan Aharony

I wonder how that'll be handled?

The rest of the world will be getting iPhone 5 GSM... will Verizon keep iPhone 4 for a while? Is this part of Apple's deal severing single supplier with AT&T - that actually AT&T gets the latest model and VZN will be 'stuck' with iPhone 4 until summer 2012? They'll have the iPad 2 on both providers which has the potential to be just as much as a money spinner.

Plus I've seen more 3GS arrive in friends hands since Jul 10 than iPhone 4 so people are clearly motivated to get an iPhone even if it's not the latest and greatest (these are 'non-geek' friends!)

/speculation.
  • Reply 71 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

I wonder how that'll be handled?

The rest of the world will be getting iPhone 5 GSM... will Verizon keep iPhone 4 for a while? Is this part of Apple's deal severing single supplier with AT&T - that actually AT&T gets the latest model and VZN will be 'stuck' with iPhone 4 until summer 2012? They'll have the iPad 2 on both providers which has the potential to be just as much as a money spinner.

Plus I've seen more 3GS arrive in friends hands since Jul 10 than iPhone 4 so people are clearly motivated to get an iPhone even if it's not the latest and greatest (these are 'non-geek' friends!)

/speculation.

Apple has "hinted" that iPhone 5 will launch at the same time with both providers saying, "we're not stupid." Speculation is that the next iPhone will be able to work with both systems. No reason to make 2 entire lines of iPhone going forward.
  • Reply 72 of 86
    it's not like the iphone4 is junk. people just want to get their hands on one, whether is the 4 or 5.

i find it kind of funny how verizon has shipped before apple, because i saw a lot of ppl online who were ordering from apple strictly because theirs would get shipped first...lol
  • Reply 73 of 86
    jtl2jtl2 Posts: 3member
    Chattanooga, TN, United States 02/07/2011 5:02 A.M. Out For Delivery

02/07/2011 3:07 A.M. Arrival Scan

Knoxville, TN, United States 02/05/2011 11:23 A.M. Departure Scan

02/05/2011 10:32 A.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 02/05/2011 4:50 A.M. Departure Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 02/04/2011 12:26 P.M. Arrival Scan

Memphis, TN, United States 02/04/2011 6:10 A.M. Departure Scan

Memphis, TN, United States 02/03/2011 9:26 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 02/04/2011 12:18 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Reply 74 of 86
    Chelmsford, MA, United States\t- 02/07/2011 - 6:01 A.M. - Out For Delivery

Early birds are getting their worms!
  • Reply 75 of 86
    Mine arrived - just activated!!

Funny, it already needs a software update - 4.2.6 installed, updating to 4.2.6
  • Reply 76 of 86
    ^^

Awesome!!!

Mine still shows it's at the local facility... not sure if it just hasn't updated, or if it really hasn't left for delivery yet.

Edit: Question for you guys, how are you planning on getting your contacts onto your iPhone? I don't really want to use Google sync for battery life purposes. Can I sync my Gmail contacts through iTunes?
  • Reply 77 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachB10 View Post

Mine arrived - just activated!!

Funny, it already needs a software update - 4.2.6 installed, updating to 4.2.6

Just out of curiosity, how long was the activation/update process?
  • Reply 78 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BurningSkies View Post

Just out of curiosity, how long was the activation/update process?

It was very quick. I synced with iTunes and signed in with my Apple ID, it already knew my phone number and after transferring some apps over it was ready to go. Longest part was software update, which is already done and I have all my mail accounts set up. Maybe less than 5 minutes from unbox to activation. 30 min for software update maybe.
  • Reply 79 of 86
    Also, for the contacts, I did use Google sync, and my calendar and contacts downloaded very quickly. I think Verizon recommended to use their Backup assistant. Never used it though, but this was all in all a very surprising and unventful upgrade.
  • Reply 80 of 86
    So is there an option to enter a phone number of your choice? I got mine on my dad's lines upgrade, as Verizon told me I could still do this with the iPhone. I don't want it activating on his line and shutting his phone down lol