54% of Verizon's Android, Blackberry users to switch to iPhone, survey says

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 103
    Can I salvage the thread?

As a number cruncher I tens to shy away from these kinds of number games because in just a few minutes I can poke holes in it because there is no 'real' data here.

I read this a few days ago and it was basically 'take our word for it'.

Who are these guys again??

The problem with anonymous internet sampling is that it's so very easy to manipulate and do what you want with.

How do you know that some anti-blackberry group did not see the questionnaire and rally his troops?

How do you know some anti-android group did not do the same thing?

What about a pro-Apple group?

Some questions I read elsewhere about the people doing this study:

who are these guys??

Where did they come from all of a sudden??

It's not all that surprising to most people because there are not very many Blackberry users left on Verizon, having had it's life stomped out by Android.

It almost seems plausible... almost.

I can take these same numbers and spin it another way.

Let's make this easier.

Who wins due to all of this competition?

Consumers.

Let's all go home happy... altho I think RIM is not very at the moment.
  • Reply 102 of 103
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stourque View Post

Apparently you never took statistics in school or you would know about sampling. Just because you weren't polled does not make the sample size invalid.

That's not the entire point I'm making, but way to be a dick!

The point is look at who they are polling. You really think people who are content with their phone and service made up the majority of the poll?
  • Reply 103 of 103
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jensonb View Post

I dunno about you other iPhone users, but when I see my BlackBerry-Wielding friends using those keyboards, my brain splits in two. I can't comprehend using such a cramped, fiddly keyboard with such an uncomfortable, unsatisfying feeling. It's far more off-putting to me even than software keyboards apparently are to them.

In my experience, a soft-keyboard is significantly easier and more pleasant to use than a too-small physical one. But what do I know, eh? I advocate quiet, low-travel physical keyboards on computers. You know, like the ones Apple makes? I can't tell you how thrilled I was when Apple started making my perfect keyboards

They really are the absolute masters of human interfaces. Nobody does them better.

Well, in BB's defence, I do know a few people who claim they can type on their BBs while walking (or even driving), without looking at screen and keyboard itself.

One of them has actually tried both iPhone and Android and returned to BB. Not sure about the others.

While I do personally prefer my iPhone's on-screen keyboard to my Nokia's hard one, I can accept some other might have different opinion; after all, I never mastered blind typing on phones anyway.