What's the deal between Eminem and Moby?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Moby doesn't like m&m b/c he's a misogynistic bastard. Forget the widespread appeal of both of them. m&m is a hypocrite who doesn't have the courage to stand behind what he writes. He says that he can write what he wants because it's freedom of expression and at the same time that he's not really expressing anything when someone questions him about his lyrics.

Moby is not only talented but has a positive voice in making changes. He's about moving things forward and activism, not just whining about how hard things are. And he's good. Listen to his last albums and you'll know he's more than just a DJ. Bottom line: m&m sucks and moby doesn't.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    like i said, heros and villains, none of it's real.
  • Reply 63 of 66
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>like i said, heros and villains, none of it's real.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I dunno if I agree with you on that one. I try to keep my music listening to only artists who are actually passionate about things. Artists who really stand for something. I think I do a pretty good job of that. Either way, though, m&m is a sell-out b/c he backs down from his lyrics when he's questioned about them. Take "97 bonnie and clyde" as an example. It's just a song, he says. He doesn't try to explain his use of imagery or metaphor (does he even know what those things are?) or even just say "I hate my wife for what she did and I'd like to kill her." He says it's just a song. Moby, OTOH, is actually a vegan, practices his religion openly and makes no bones about what he thinks. m&m is just a thug with some money and dre backing him up.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    listen to moby's last cd 18. there are no incredible standout tracks like in Play, but every song (aside from maybe 1 or 2) are very very good, solid songs. as a whole, this is a hell of a cd. also, let me add something else. moby's birthday is september 11th, and he made the cd 18 based as a sort of tribute to the day as a result of the terrorism. if you listen to the songs, there are a few songs with references to the tragedy in metaphors. the first time i heard those songs, it was so powerful. he put it so simply, but yet it stood out...
  • Reply 65 of 66
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>listen to moby's last cd 18. there are no incredible standout tracks like in Play, but every song (aside from maybe 1 or 2) are very very good, solid songs. as a whole, this is a hell of a cd. also, let me add something else. moby's birthday is september 11th, and he made the cd 18 based as a sort of tribute to the day as a result of the terrorism. if you listen to the songs, there are a few songs with references to the tragedy in metaphors. the first time i heard those songs, it was so powerful. he put it so simply, but yet it stood out...</strong><hr></blockquote>

You should also read the liner notes. It's some good stuff. Mostly musings about moby's world view, but it shows that he actually thinks about what he does. Extreme ways is a great song.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

You should also read the liner notes. It's some good stuff. Mostly musings about moby's world view, but it shows that he actually thinks about what he does. Extreme ways is a great song.</strong><hr></blockquote>

oh i've read it all.

and yes, extreme ways is very very good. made bourne identity end with a great feeling in my stomach. but Look back In is probably the most powerful, w/ some strong inuendos to 9-11.