Wall Street impressed by 'evolutionary' improvement in Apple's iPad 2

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    I never understood the scene some people makes about having USB ports on the iPad. I bought the Camera Kit which gives you both USB and SD card ports and used it to import movies and pics from cameras.

There are SD and USB ports if you used the camera kit, the problem is the software, not the ports. The only thing the ipad allows with the ports is to import pics and movies.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    walshbjwalshbj Posts: 864member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Who's bashing the form factor? I'll be buying an iPad 2 as soon as they're available (see sig). I just think the cover is dorky. It's giving a tablet 'notebook-like' functions that it doesn't need.

Besides, Apple ripped off the Japanese http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/03/new-i...bath-tub-lids/

Maybe I read into your comment, didn't see your sig either.

I'm not into the cover, but I'm sure it'll sell. We used our iPad 1 mostly without a cover except when flying.

As for providing extra functions - why not? If your'e out in world with your cover and your job requires you to turn it on and off all the time I'm all for a cover that saves your from having to slide to unlock.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I never understood the scene some people makes about having USB ports on the iPad. I bought the Camera Kit which gives you both USB and SD card ports and used it to import movies and pics from cameras.

There are SD and USB ports if you used the camera kit, the problem is the software, not the ports. The only thing the ipad allows with the ports is to import pics and movies.

IF THE WHOLE WORLD USED MINI USB PORTS FOR EVERY DAMN DEVICE THEN ALL THOSE TONS OF USELESS GARBAGE WIRE WOULD SLOWLY GO AWAY and we would . one world standard

• Reply 44 of 47
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

IF THE WHOLE WORLD USED MINI USB PORTS FOR EVERY DAMN DEVICE THEN ALL THOSE TONS OF USELESS GARBAGE WIRE WOULD SLOWLY GO AWAY and we would . one world standard

Right on!

But I thought Apple signed a commitment to adopt microUSB?

http://www.ankleskater.com/pagemaker...20100805204900
  • Reply 45 of 47
    lgutie20lgutie20 Posts: 18member
    iPad 2 has the best priced tablets

iPad 2 comes as a white tablet (the back of the samsung tab doesn't count because its on the back)

iPad 2 is the thinner than any dual-core tablet (even really thin smartphones!)

iPad 2 has a 9X improvement in graphics (even though people may not care about specs it will look good)

iPad 2 comes with thousands of apps

iPad 2 has smart covers (they really stole my heart cause I want things made out of space suit material and I like magnets)

But...

What if iPad 2 had 20GB, 40GB, and 80GB?

What if iPad 2 had a Thunderbolt chip through the 30 pin connector?

Please Discuss:
  • Reply 46 of 47
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lgutie20 View Post

iPad 2 has smart covers (they really stole my heart cause I want things made out of space suit material and I like magnets)

Well I guess that blows my argument out of the water \

Mr Jobs will be laughing all the way to the bank http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/tag/smart-cover/
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lgutie20 View Post

What if iPad 2 had a Thunderbolt chip through the 30 pin connector?

Please Discuss:

This was the one feature outside a front facing camera that I really hoped would happen, even though it was a really outside chance.

It seems likely that next year's model will be thunderbolt, retina and other madness.