Apple's iPad 2 at Walmart; News Corp subscribers; Canon and Thunderbolt

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Crack addicts don't have money to buy any iPads, they already spent all of their money on crack.

I meant that people are selling their place in line. The article said that the girl who was waiting was already offered $650 for her spot, just for standing there overnight! And she was hoping to get $700!

She will spend two nights on the sidewalk, the second one quite soggy. But she's not there to buy an iPad. Her spot is for sale. She'll trade it for cash at 3 p.m. Friday, two hours before the doors open. She's had offers as high as $650, but she's holding out for $700.

Never mind that I'll go to 14th street store instead. They need a limit one per customer.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Never mind that I'll go to 14th street store instead. They need a limit one per customer.

I'm not 100% certain, but isn't there a limit of 2 per customer?

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I think that I read that somewhere earlier, I don't recall where.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:

I'm not 100% certain, but isn't there a limit of 2 per customer?

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I think that I read that somewhere earlier, I don't recall where.

I'm in line now the apple guys are handing us water. The limit is two per person. I just confirmed with the staff.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

I'm in line now the apple guys are handing us water. The limit is two per person. I just confirmed with the staff.

Cool. Are you at the 14th St. store? Big Line?
  • Reply 25 of 28
    I've been doing some detective work. There's already 150 waiting at the Soho store.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:

Cool. Are you at the 14th St. store? Big Line?

Nope not yet. Not as big as soho yet. I knew 14th would be the shortest line. About 50 people are in line.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:

I've been doing some detective work. There's already 150 waiting at the Soho store.

Crack addicts, scalpers, placeholders-for-profit, homeless . . .

I think it would be good for you to go to the store with the biggest line, so you can find out what it's like to hang out with real people in the real world. While you're there, try to talk to them and learn something.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    stourquestourque Posts: 364member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cambangst View Post

I stopped by my local Wal-martian landing zone on my way to work, at about ten 'til eight. There was nobody working in electronics, but I could see iPad boxes behind the counter. There was also a sign on the counter stating that they were going on sale at 5:00 PM.

I found some guy stocking diapers 3 aisles over and asked him whether he could sell me an iPad. He moseyed back to electronics and fumbled through his keys and finally found the one for the cabinet. He asked me which one I wanted. Even invited me behind the counter to choose because he had no clue. They had 4 new ones on hand: 2 Wi-fi and 2 AT&T.

I picked the 32 GB Wi-fi and that's when it all came apart. He tried to scan the UPC. No dice. Tried 3 more times. Same result. He picked up the phone and called the manager on duty. I could only hear one side of the conversation, but I surmise that the other side went something like, "do you know how to read that sign on the counter, moron?"

"Sorry, sir, you can't buy this until 5:00."

So I guess I'm waiting for my online order to ship...

You should have hid it behind the stack of xooms, so it would still be there tonight. (actually it would still be there in 6 months!)