YOUR teams

Comments

• Reply 41 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>No? Try hockey. Hell, baseball is probably whiter.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I bet there are more black hockey players than there are black PGA golfers. There is such thing as a black canadian, plus american blacks from northern states are taking it up these days.

Regardless, all the sports I can think of were invented by whites. Sporting in general is very white. It could be argued that the global popularity of sports is the result of white cultural diffusion.

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: Splinemodel ]</p>
  • Reply 42 of 94

<strong>No? Try hockey. Hell, baseball is probably whiter.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What are you talking about? Baseball is easily the most international of American sports. Take away all the players from Latin America and you'd have one seriously undertalented sport.

Anyway, my teams:

Baseball - the Red Sox

Football - the Niners

Basketball - the Celtics

NCAA Basketball - UConn

Hockey - I like hockey but I still haven't settled on a team to root for since the Whalers left town. I know. I know. It's about time for me to move on...
  • Reply 43 of 94
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Fantasy worlds are fun.

"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a Viking!" - Ralph Wiggum
  • Reply 44 of 94
    Golf is very international. We're not talking just blacks here.
  • Reply 45 of 94
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>Even so, there is no sport whiter than golf.</strong><hr></blockquote> Wrong statement. Correct answer is swimming
  • Reply 46 of 94
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm afraid when you say "white ass sport" you make it about race, not nationality.
  • Reply 47 of 94
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hockey is a "White-ass sport"? More so than golf?? Golf is better because it's "more interntional"?

Holy shit in a shoebox Tiger - those are possibly two of the dumbest things I've ever heard you say. I try not to give you a hard time about some of your sports comments because you seem to take it personally, but you stepped over the line on this one. Let's examine the facts:

PGA Pros not of caucasian or SE Asian descent:

Tiger Woods

Vijay Singh

Someone help me out here.... uhhhh, errrrr, emmmm.

NHL Players not of caucasian or SE Asian descent

Anson Carter

Mike Grier

Kevin Weekes

Fred Brathwaite

Georges LeRaques

Peter Worrel

Donald Brashear

Jamal Mayers

JEROME IGINLA

JEAN-LUC GRAND-PIERRE

BRYCE SALVADOR

Scott Gomez (Inuit, Hispanic)

David Tanabe (Native American)

Craig Berube (Native American)

Chris Simon (Native American)

Manny Malhotra (Native American)

About a half-dozen SE Asian and Hispanic players not listed...

POINT IS: neither is well-integrated racially, but for you to pretend like Golf is on a whole other plane is retarded. In fact, AFAICT, the NHL has *more* minorities playing than the PGA. Truth hurts, huh?

Let's move on to your brilliant "more international" point of analysis.

Countries that have PGA Pros other than US/Canada:

England, Scotland, Ireland, Sweden (3?), Spain(2), Germany (1?), Italy (1?), South Africa (3?), Japan (3?), Korea ?, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji (1), others?

Now - how many of those players are NOT white? 1? 2?

Countries that have NHL Pros other than US/Canada

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Latvia (&lt;5), Lithuania (&lt;5), Belarus (&lt;5), Slovakia, Czech Republic, Slovenia (&lt;5), Russia, Ukrane, Austria (&lt;5), Germany (2), Switzerland (3)....

And where race is concerned, pretty much the same as the PGA. None of these guys AFAIK is non-caucasian.

AGAIN, there is no basis for saying Hockey is a white-ass sport, and then turning around and pretending like golf isn't. If anything, it's *worse* - fewer black pros, [far lower percentage of pros] from non-North American countries.

Give it up.

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]

[ 10-09-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
  • Reply 48 of 94
    You named 2 people LOL.
  • Reply 49 of 94
    Right. As in, I can't think of any others on the PGA tour who fit the profile we're talking about. If I'm so off-base, name some more PGA tour pros who are not [caucasian] / from Japan or Korea.

I guess you could include someone like Robert Gamez, though I'd consider him to be just as "white" as Sergio or JM Olazabal - or any [other caucasian] from N. American or Europe.

I'm open to [corrections if I've misstated something]. Let's see your proof that the PGA is more racially integrated than the NHL.

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
  • Reply 50 of 94
    dallenbdallenb Posts: 142member

<strong>Who the f*ck cares about hockey, f*ckin white @$$ sport.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Leave it up to Tiger to take a civil debate, and turn it into a racially charged pissing contest.

Tiger.. You still havent addressed my points, you just throw insults around. I guess you prove the old proverb true: You really cant have a battle of wits, with an unarmed person.
  • Reply 51 of 94
    Exactly, so don't try to debate something you don't know of.
  • Reply 52 of 94
    Apparently, Dallenb, the NHL is just another case of the man keepin' us down. It's all about whitey and his secret political agendas...

...the good news is, for those of us who are down with the NHL, season starts TOMORROW. wOOT!

The better news is, I have NHL Center Ice this year. Can you say "Yyyyyyeahh, baby!"

• Reply 53 of 94

Exactly, so don't try to debate something you don't know of.<hr></blockquote>

IOW, you have nothing to say other than "I'm right", followed by silence. Still waiting for evidence that the PGA is all about racial equality and international goodwill, and that the NHL is just a white man's sport with closed doors to the world.

• Reply 54 of 94
    You want a damn list then?
  • Reply 55 of 94
    Tiger- you're walking a fine line here. It was only weeks ago that you were suspended...
  • Reply 56 of 94
    Tiger Woods

Sergio Garcia

Vijay Singh

Michael Campbell

Eduardo Romero

Angel Cabrera

Shigeki Maruyama

Jose Maria Olazabal

Toshi Izawa

Jose Coceres

K.J. Choi

Shingo Katayama

Toru Taniguchi

Ricardo Gonzalez

Tsuneyuki Nakajima

Nobuhito Sato

Taichi Teshima

Masashi Jumbo Ozaki

Hidemichi Tanaka

Katsumasa Miyamoto

S.K. Ho

Miguel A. Jimenez

Kenichi Kuboya

Tomohiro Kondou

Esteban Toledo

Yasuharu Imano

Christian Pena

David Berganio, Jr.

Phil Tataurangi

Naomichi Joe Ozaki

Charlie Wi

Lin Keng-chi

Zhang Lian-wei

Toru Suzuki

Kiyoshi Murota

Notah Begay III
  • Reply 57 of 94
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Are there more than 2 names on this list with internation recognision?

<a href="http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/020305/6/klfg.html"; target="_blank">Read This</a>

Discussion on racism in Golf is not new at all. It's been there for ages

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited by: kelib ]</p>
  • Reply 58 of 94
    Just about all those players are Top 100 in the world.
  • Reply 59 of 94
    Take your race-war baiting bullsh!t somewhere else.
  • Reply 60 of 94
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    cross-country skiing has to be the whitest of sports...