Online iPad 2 orders from Apple estimated to ship in 5-7 business days

Comments

• Reply 41 of 70
    So I was refreshing the apple store page around midnight like crazy (didn't get the memo) but it kept saying 'coming soon'. That's when I decided to check out what the folks at Apple Insider had to say about when they would actually start taking online orders. Found out that it starts at 1am PST. However, when I refreshed my page around 1245 am, it showed me the button to buy and I was done with my purchase in about couple of minutes.

date\tFri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:51 AM -- confirmation from apple http://forums.appleinsider.com/image...ies/1smile.gif

It says

Ships: 3 - 5 business days

Delivers Mar 18 - Mar 25 by Standard Shipping

Hopefully it gets here soon and hopefully its worth every penny

oh, I ordered the white 16 GB wifi only version with a cream leather smart cover
  • Reply 42 of 70
    SOT

AAPL is UP 1.18%

MMI is DOWN 3.09% All Time Low

Zoooooooom
  • Reply 43 of 70
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Hopefully the next round of launches isn't delayed as a result
  • Reply 44 of 70
    ....ooooooooooooSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPP -- Giant sucking sound

Flash Player 10.2 will be available for download via Android Market on March 18th

...Gentlemen -- Charge your batteries.....

Adobe Flash Is Doomed, Says Firefox VP

• Reply 45 of 70
    I called the Best Buy in Saint Petersburg where they said they were surprised at how many people were at the store lined up this morning of which they had to turn away and tell they had to come back at 3:30 or 4 for tickets at 4:30. He said they had ALOT of them so they prob. weren't going to run out quickly but still suggested to show up a little early. I'm sure some people are pretending to shop all day at the Best Buy just to be the first in line ! I may actually be one of them soon lol
  • Reply 46 of 70
    ikueikue Posts: 5member
    Purchased a 16gb, wi-fi black iPad just about as soon as they went on sale this morning online. Confirmation said 2-3 days but rounds it up for the date and says "mar 18 - mar 25"... Got a shipment notification email 4 hours later that got my hopes up. Turned out to only be the smart cover (green) so i got excited for nothing. The ship dates were pretty much identical for the cover as they were for the iPad itself so no clue when to expect it \

Here's hoping it arrives before I go on holiday in april
  • Reply 47 of 70
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

And if you do that then 1) You're a xxxxxxxxxx and 2) You're a prime example of what's wrong with America.

Why should anyone be able to bump other people back in line because they pay more money? Quit thinking you're privileged and wait in line like everyone else. If you get there early enough and put in the time (like everyone else) then it'll pay off in the form of you being at the front of the line. Don't be a xxxxxxx

No name calling!

Mr. melgross - First, douche is not a curse word and doesn't qualify as "language" by any stretch of the imagination. Secondly my "insult" had a qualifier in front of it - "if you do that" - therefore the name-calling was conditional. Maybe I directed my hostility in the wrong direction. I realize you're a little "older"... but I'm a 40 year old man myself and quite sure I know the proper way to conduct myself in "public". I don't appreciate you modifying my post for such nit-picky reasons and found it to be quite unnecessary and prude.

Edit:

I don't care about what you think about this. I've given you my decision. You abide by it, or your posts will be deleted, and you will be given points, which is something I rarely do. If you disagree, you can do it privately.
  • Reply 48 of 70
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    I was actually able to order mine a little before 4 AM for some reason (like 3:45 maybe?)

The conformation E-Mail says 1-2 business days for my cream cover (delivers 15-18) and the iPad (engraved) ships within 3-5 days (18-25). Kind of curious if people who opted out on engraving are getting theirs faster.
  • Reply 49 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Edit:

I don't care about what you think about this. I've given you my decision. You abide by it, or your posts will be deleted, and you will be given points, which is something I rarely do. If you disagree, you can do it privately.

Why would I take the time to disagree in private? You've already stated that you don't care what I think. It sounds like you're in a great mood today! I personally think you're just angry because I made good, valid points. You do what you want with your little "power". I really don't care.
  • Reply 50 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

I was actually able to order mine a little before 4 AM for some reason (like 3:45 maybe?)

The conformation E-Mail says 1-2 business days for my cream cover (delivers 15-18) and the iPad (engraved) ships within 3-5 days (18-25). Kind of curious if people who opted out on engraving are getting theirs faster.

I ordered mine at 3:38 AM with no engraving. Still says 3-5 days. Ordered within seconds of it showing up. I haven't received shipment notification for my cover (orange).
  • Reply 51 of 70
    Online Ordering might have started at 12:00 am PST itself. I ordered mine @ 12:45 am PST. I received my order details exactly at 1:00 am PST. My receipt says: Expected Shipping 3 - 5 business days. Expected Delivery between Mar18 - Mar25. My order is without engraving.
  • Reply 52 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camaresh View Post

Online Ordering might have started at 12:00 am PST itself. I ordered mine @ 12:45 am PST. I received my order details exactly at 1:00 am PST. My receipt says: Expected Shipping 3 - 5 business days. Expected Delivery between Mar18 - Mar25. My order is without engraving.

It was between 12:35PST and 12:40PST when the button appeared. I was quick, but it didn't matter. Same details as your order.
  • Reply 53 of 70
    8mh8mh Posts: 1member
    Just got notification that my cover has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. It'll have to sit there all by its lonesome until the iPad arrives--ordered at 6AM EST and estimated 3-5 days until ship.
  • Reply 54 of 70
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Ordered 4AM EST with a March 18-25 delivery estimate. White 16GB WIFI. They must be shipped from China, because my card has already been charged, and Apple typically doesn't charge your card until the product ships.
  • Reply 55 of 70
    Interesting from Scott Moritz -- who just can't help himself...

Apple iPad 2 Sells Out Online
  • Reply 56 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

Ordered 4AM EST with a March 18-25 delivery estimate. White 16GB WIFI. They must be shipped from China, because my card has already been charged, and Apple typically doesn't charge your card until the product ships.

Are you sure it's a charge? They usual put an authorization on the card that vanishes after a couple days.
  • Reply 57 of 70
    easyeeasye Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ikue View Post

Purchased a 16gb, wi-fi black iPad just about as soon as they went on sale this morning online. Confirmation said 2-3 days but rounds it up for the date and says "mar 18 - mar 25"... Got a shipment notification email 4 hours later that got my hopes up. Turned out to only be the smart cover (green) so i got excited for nothing. The ship dates were pretty much identical for the cover as they were for the iPad itself so no clue when to expect it \

Here's hoping it arrives before I go on holiday in april

This is exactly my situation as well. Green cover is shipped already, but the 16GB Black wifi won't be here until March 18-25.

Also, here's to Steve's recovery! Thoughts and prayers, guys.
  • Reply 58 of 70
    I too was up at an ungodly hour \ (4 am EST) to order the iPad2 and my sales confirmation email states that it will ship in 3-5 business days and will arrive the 18th or 25th of March. I've waited this long for the new and improved iPad...what's a couple more weeks.
  • Reply 59 of 70
    Quote:

Why would I take the time to disagree in private? You've already stated that you don't care what I think. It sounds like you're in a great mood today! I personally think you're just angry because I made good, valid points. You do what you want with your little "power". I really don't care.

Muppet isn't a curse word either, but it's pretty appropriate here. Good day sir!
  • Reply 60 of 70
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

I agree with the ideas in your post. The arrogance of cutters has rubbed me the wrong way since my school days and I actively oppose cutting when I have a chance.

Nevertheless, your "valid points" were completely lost in the tone and anger in your post.

I am still spending time on AI because it is moderated and arguments that get personal or rediculously off track are delt with. There are sites I no longer visit because of the repulsive mess that is their comments section.

I appreciate the mods here and their efforts.