Online iPad 2 orders from Apple estimated to ship in 5-7 business days

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 70
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    I hope Apple's willingness to delay the American shipping times to "2-3 weeks" so quickly is an indication they are dedicated to the international release schedule as announced. March 25th - here I come!
  • Reply 62 of 70
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    I can now reveal, after placing my orders, that MacConnection began taking orders 12 minutes ago and you are likely to get them faster and cheaper from them.

• Reply 63 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplesnOranges2011 View Post

I too was up at an ungodly hour \ (4 am EST) to order the iPad2 and my sales confirmation email states that it will ship in 3-5 business days and will arrive the 18th or 25th of March. I've waited this long for the new and improved iPad...what's a couple more weeks.

btw - First post ever on AI

I also waited this long since really feeling I wanted one back in Nov/Dec but heard rumors so figured I'd wait. GLAD I DID!!

I ordered mine this AM, not THAT early, but am happy enough that it says ships in 5-7 days and arrives week of Mar22.

I think it's great folks are gonna stand in line (for novelty or impatience) or buy online or take a chance at Retail because it shows how truly amazing this product and 'Club' really is.

iPhone for 2 yrs and first time iPad buyer.. bought the case too.

btw..buddy of mine stopped by Target in OP, KS and they only had 16GB ones or something limited like that.
  • Reply 64 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rockarollr View Post

And if you do that then 1) You're a xxxxxxxxxx and 2) You're a prime example of what's wrong with America.

Why should anyone be able to bump other people back in line because they pay more money? Blah blah....

Wow. Talk about calling the kettle black. It's your arrogance that is quite stunning.

If a consenting adult is happy to accept $5 to lose his place in line, who the heck are you to make a judgment about whether that makes him better or worse off!?
  • Reply 65 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdub52MOsox View Post

btw - First post ever on AI

I also waited this long since really feeling I wanted one back in Nov/Dec but heard rumors so figured I'd wait. GLAD I DID!!

I ordered mine this AM, not THAT early, but am happy enough that it says ships in 5-7 days and arrives week of Mar22.

I think it's great folks are gonna stand in line (for novelty or impatience) or buy online or take a chance at Retail because it shows how truly amazing this product and 'Club' really is.

iPhone for 2 yrs and first time iPad buyer.. bought the case too.

btw..buddy of mine stopped by Target in OP, KS and they only had 16GB ones or something limited like that.

Yeah, I stopped by Target and they only had black 16GB. Walmart didn't have any and told me to buy online.
  • Reply 66 of 70
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I went to the Store on 14th street (NYC) today to get mine. I arrived about 2:45. the store is on the corner of 14th st and 9th Ave. That 14th st block between 9th and 10th Ave is a long block. I was about two thirds down the block. It looked as though there were more than 200 people in front of me, possibly 300, so there could have been 400 on the block.

But wait! the line snaked around the corner on 10th Ave, and went all the way up from 14th st to 18th st.

It opened exactly at 5 to a big cheer. I finally got in at about 6:30. There was a small line upstairs where we were directed. The rest went pretty smoothly. They passed around both a poly and a leather cover so we could see and feel them.

I bought the 64 Gb 3G AT&T model, and with that the HDMI adapter, the cover in poly light grey, Applecare, and a new ATv (I have the original model). I declined the offer to set it up, because I kinda know how to do that, and there were all those people after me. I was out in less than 15 minutes.

Just getting around to setting it up now with a "restore". My wife decided to take the old one, so I'll reset that and set it up using her account. Funny, I couldn't get her to use it before, as she decided it was mine.
  • Reply 67 of 70
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Just getting around to setting it up now with a "restore". My wife decided to take the old one, so I'll reset that and set it up using her account. Funny, I couldn't get her to use it before, as she decided it was mine.

If you both share the same Apple ID, you can both own paid apps for the price of one instead of paying twice for separate Apple ID accounts. \
  • Reply 68 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Multimedia View Post

If you both share the same Apple ID, you can both own paid apps for the price of one instead of paying twice for separate Apple ID accounts. \

The point was that she thought I liked it so much that she didn't want to share it.
  • Reply 69 of 70
    hey guys, ordered my ipad at 4:02am EST on March 11th, received confirmation shortly after from apple and it said ships 3-5 business days for delivery between March 18 - 25th.

just this morning i received an email stating ipad has shipped and i should get it by March 17th...i ordered the white 32gb wifi also ordered the grey smart cover but that was by mistake, should have chosen the blue color, i guess waking up to order something early in the morning has it's downside as mistakes are bound to happen....

anyways, you think if i take the unopened case to the apple store they will switch the color? case to arrive Monday the 14th...
  • Reply 70 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadyman View Post

hey guys, ordered my ipad at 4:02am EST on March 11th, received confirmation shortly after from apple and it said ships 3-5 business days for delivery between March 18 - 25th.

just this morning i received an email stating ipad has shipped and i should get it by March 17th...i ordered the white 32gb wifi also ordered the grey smart cover but that was by mistake, should have chosen the blue color, i guess waking up to order something early in the morning has it's downside as mistakes are bound to happen....

anyways, you think if i take the unopened case to the apple store they will switch the color? case to arrive Monday the 14th...

Good luck! If you bring it back unopened, with a receipt, and they have the blue color, there's a very good chance they will exchange it. They give you some time to return products, and an exchange is something they will normally do.