Perpetual NBA '02-'03 Thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm surprised we haven't seen more NBA talk, the season has started and we're underway.



All basketball fans check in and declare your loyalties. I've been a Mavs fan since birth and I'm sticking to it, although I find myself in the extremely awkward and alien position of cheering for the best team in the NBA.



8-0, baby, here's hoping we run off 80 more wins.



So tell me, which team is your team?
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 50
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I root for the Nets, but I'm not gonna lie, since Larry Bird retired I've just followed the teams Kidd plays for (Except when Bird coached the Pacers). I was all Celtics from about age 9, but them tearing down the Garden and dicking over Red Aurbach turned me off.



    I've been waiting for someone to weigh in on the Hubie Brown thing, am I the only one that thinks it's the dumbest move ever?



    PS-Jordan should hang it up. He's tarnishing the legend.



    Jeff
  • Reply 2 of 50
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I was with you on the Jordan thing until this year. He just wants to play and he's earned the right, he's the greatest ever.



    I have no clue why they hired Hubie Brown.. jeez that's just weird.
  • Reply 3 of 50
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Meh, I'll weigh in, though I don't really care about the NBA anymore. I was a hornets fan while they were in Charlotte and I still like the players though I despise the ownership. So, I guess I'm pulling for the hornets this year too.



    Although, I'm drawn to the Wiz just because I'm a tarheel and they've got so many on their roster. Hell, I went to school with Stack, so I'm always happy when he does well. But it's hard with SO MANY heels in the NBA to go with college loyalties. Nice dilemma to have though.... Better than the dookie kiss of death, I suppose
  • Reply 4 of 50
    I am a diehard Texas Longhorns fan. I root for them, even during NBA games cause I love the longhorns that much. Yeah, Tadow!



    Alternatively, I root against Satan himself, C(heat)-Webb.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

    <strong>I am a diehard Texas Longhorns fan. I root for them, even during NBA games cause I love the longhorns that much. Yeah, Tadow!



    Alternatively, I root against Satan himself, C(heat)-Webb.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    I hate Texas. First they steal Mack Brown from my heels, then they hire Rick Barnes - the anti-Dean Smith, then they spawn Dubya and Dell. Not necessarily in that order. Nothing good comes from Texas, apparently.
  • Reply 6 of 50
    Texas has some nice things. Big Bend is nice:







  • Reply 7 of 50
    Since when did this turn into a national parks thread?



    Pacers own.



    BOOM BABY!



    That's all I gotta say.



  • Reply 8 of 50
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Nets! 6-2 start's pretty good



    and Tiger don't even say anything.
  • Reply 9 of 50
  • Reply 10 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

    <strong>Texas has some nice things. Big Bend is nice:

    </strong><hr></blockquote>



    yeah, we also have Texas Tech...



  • Reply 11 of 50
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    I must admit that Big Bend looks great. I did say nothing good ever came out of Texas though . Texas Tech.... Sounds like a school in some cheezy movie...
  • Reply 12 of 50
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,448member
    Well I'm glad my Laker's aren't doing too well right now. It gets all the pretenders off the bandwagon and lets the real fans back in.



    Now us ol'timers can go back to arguing about whether they should have traded Norm Nixon to get Byron Scott...



    Lakers are hurting right now but they will recover, return, survive and thrive....



    Here's to ring number 4.... gotta get mo'.... gotta do what Jordan didn't do before...



    Nick



    [ 11-14-2002: Message edited by: trumptman ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 50
    [quote]yeah, we also have Texas Tech...<hr></blockquote>

    Yes, now help me out here. Isn't Texas Tech the school that beat you last year, then tore down their own goalposts and sodomized your fanbase with them and then proceeded to beat you again this year on the holy turf of Kyle Field when you couldn't kick an extra point through your own goalposts? Is that the same Texas Tech? And all of this happened within full view of the dead dog graveyard from which the dead dogs view the games and the score on the special scoreboard dead dogs, is that correct? Just wondering.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

    <strong>

    Yes, now help me out here. Isn't Texas Tech the school that beat you last year, then tore down their own goalposts and sodomized your fanbase with them and then proceeded to beat you again this year on the holy turf of Kyle Field when you couldn't kick an extra point through your own goalposts? Is that the same Texas Tech? And all of this happened within full view of the dead dog graveyard from which the dead dogs view the games and the score on the special scoreboard dead dogs, is that correct? Just wondering. </strong><hr></blockquote>





    yes, that tech, which has the highest asshole/student ratio in the country. you can't compare football teams, cause ours has been both very good and very bad these past 2 seasons. in terms of a school, tech rates somewhere around a community college. it's below a shithole. i'm sorry, but i actually have a great deal more respect for our real rivals over in austin that those wannabe morons in lubbock...
  • Reply 15 of 50
    Yeah I certainly can believe that they are morons at Texas Tech. But sorry, you aggies are just weird. Like you're not allowed to say the word Elephant until you are a senior. Just very odd. I still can't get over the scoreboard you build for the dead dogs to see the score. It boggles my feeble mind.
  • Reply 16 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

    <strong>Yeah I certainly can believe that they are morons at Texas Tech. But sorry, you aggies are just weird. Like you're not allowed to say the word Elephant until you are a senior. Just very odd. I still can't get over the scoreboard you build for the dead dogs to see the score. It boggles my feeble mind.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    it's merely a tradition. all colleges have them. ours just have a lot of history behind them...
  • Reply 17 of 50
    That is a very generous way of looking at some bizarre behaviors which I would say cross the line from quirky tradition to outright stupidity. But to each his own I s'pose. The aggies would be worthy of praise anyway if they had choked away their lead against Nebraska. Otherwise Nebraska would still be in need of a win against KSU or CO to keep their bowl streak alive. Too bad you facilitated that for them.
  • Reply 18 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath:

    <strong>That is a very generous way of looking at some bizarre behaviors which I would say cross the line from quirky tradition to outright stupidity. But to each his own I s'pose. The aggies would be worthy of praise anyway if they had choked away their lead against Nebraska. Otherwise Nebraska would still be in need of a win against KSU or CO to keep their bowl streak alive. Too bad you facilitated that for them. </strong><hr></blockquote>



    boo ****ing hoo. why dont u bitch to someone who actually has some control over the game? btw, what the hell are u worrying about nebraska for, anyway? they're terrible. also, you should be happy that we got OU out of the way...
  • Reply 19 of 50
    lol. OK then. Best of luck in the Humanitarian or Houston Bowl or whichever bowl you are in.
  • Reply 20 of 50
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    Back to the topic, my team:

Sign In or Register to comment.