Nick

(still drinking the kool-aid)</strong><hr></blockquote>

The end of the game was crazy
  • Reply 43 of 50
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

The end of the game was crazy</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have seen the other games where the Lakers have come back like that. I watched the Portland game 7 on their way to the title and also Sac. last year.

In is amazing how they do it. Shaq is an amazing player but it really seems like in those exact circumstances Bryant just goes into some sort of insane zone where he is completely unstoppable.

I use to see that with Jordan. I love Utah (as I mentioned earlier) and I have followed them for years. When Stockton and Malone were in their prime, Utah was such a well-oiled machine that they would just grind away opponents. They just wouldn't make a mistake. They went to the finals two years in a row and some how Jordan just rose above that well-oiled machine.

I see that happen now. Shaq is always going to get his points. However Kobe is just... mythical ... in his performances. He doesn't do it all the time, but he does do it when it counts.

Nick
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Lakers 117

Kings 104

That is not all I have to say about this. Lakers have polished off Mavericks, Kings and I assure you Sunday they will take down Portland and the number 4 spot for the playoffs.

Now all the wannabes and Kling-ons are off the bandwagon.

Can you dig it? Lakers will be rolling to number 4 because there is no stopping us!

BTW what is the East, is it some sort of minor league for the NBA? They aren't even close. Lakers are going to take Minnesota in round one, then Sacramento, then San Antonio. They will then sweep whoever is dumb enough to show up from the East.

Four in a row baby, and after whipping all the talent the West they will be declared one of the great teams of all time!

Nick
  • Reply 45 of 50
    Quote:

BTW what is the East, is it some sort of minor league for the NBA? They aren't even close. Lakers are going to take Minnesota in round one, then Sacramento, then San Antonio. They will then sweep whoever is dumb enough to show up from the East.

what's even more interesting is that new orleans has agreed to move to the west, making a spot open for (new expansion) charlotte to move into the east. that and the retooling of seattle give the west 11 pretty decent teams. i don't know if it's the minor league but everyone's dying to get out of the east, eh?
  • Reply 46 of 50
    LA Lakers 117

Minnesota 98

Anyone else doubting the Lakers are going to win number 4?

Just remember I was still believing when they were 11-19.8)

I bet LA is ordering extra copies of Utah vs. Sac right now. Utah kept Sac in half-court offense all night. Meanwhile SA is alreay down a game and Dallas, well who cares about Dallas, they can't play any D.

Nick

LAKERS #4 with KOBE as MVP of league and finals!
  • Reply 47 of 50
    i feel sorry for the timberwolves, they finally draw a home court advantage, so that maybe just maybe they can advance out of the first round, and who do they draw? the lakers.....who appear to be on a mission.

i used to be a bucks fan, but with ray gone my heart just isn't in it.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Yeah, the best teams are out West, but I'm still going to root for Eastern teams to take it this year. I grew up watching the Bad Boys, booed MJ and the Jordanettes and I may have even chanted "Beat L.A." once.

I still believe (and play) no blood, no foul. I used to play against the nose tackel of our football team, who though he was Isaiah Thomas, at 300+ lbs. (Just try to take a charge against him, I dare ya.) Basketball is a contact sport, no matter what the rules say.

The East may not have the best teams (but have "decent" players, like Tracy McGrady, who just smoked us), but they play this style of basketball, so I will continue to root for them.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    is the east still considered more physical?
  • Reply 50 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

is the east still considered more physical?

Less athletic = more physical?

Beats me (uh, no pun intended). I can't watch any of the games from here.

Oakley still out East, right? And Anthony Mason (wait-- does he still get in the game)? Kevin Willis was in San Antonio last I heard, but there's Artest and Kenyon Martin.

<sarcasm>The West is too busy scoring to be physical.</sarcasm>