Preemptive LOTR: The Two Towers thread

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 81
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,435member
    Just saw the TTT.

Another great installment. Effects have become much cleaner and Helms Deep was amazing. The stomping Urek-Hai and war machinery. Theoden's recovery was Majestic. Grima is as slimy as as the book suggests. Dourif does a great job.

I'm not sure they pulled of the Ents as good as many who read the books will like. Those scenes seemed to drag on and slow the continuity down. Aragon and Arwen scenes were very tasteful and actually much more powerful than I imagined. Elronds scene with Arwen is packed with emotion and some great scenery.

Faramir got the short end of the stick. Due to changes in the script(Osgiliath) he, to me, came off as somewhat cold and callous. In the book Faramir is known as the more level headed Brother and this movie sort of defies that.

Loved the fight scene with Orcs and Urek-Hais on Isengard Wolves. Legolas does a mount move that you've just gotta see.

Gollum is not bad CG. CG is difficult in Day scenes and Gollums expressions and mannerisms are very nice IMO. They didn't distract from the movie..his schizophrenia might but not his CG

Eowyn....oh how I wish they would have done this one right. Miranda Otto is a very fair maiden but if you're read the book you are expecting for her "War" side to come and it never does. Nor does the scene in which she smites a Dark Lord on the Battlefield.

Peter Jackson did a great job but I can't help but think that he missed on great opportunites to show Gimli, Legolas and Aragorn travelling through the Black Forest<?? can't remember name>

Nor was there any linkage between Pippin and Merriadoc. It's as if they're forgotten and unimportant. To the casual person they wouldn't know that Aragorn, Lego and Gimli know they're alive.

Samwise's speech at the end is out of character. Samwise is not known for oratorical skills Frodo is so to any book readers this seems really odd.

If you liked LOTR ..see this one. Action packed and more characters and beautiful sets to enjoy. I might go see it a couple more times!