Apple's iPad 2 stock improves again, US orders now ship in 1-2 weeks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TdubYa View Post

In London.

We ordered our iPads on the 30th March. Still has a delivery date of 3rd May.

That's a long time to wait for something - regardless of if it's something you're keen to get your hands on or not.

I find it a bit hard to swallow that they can reduce the expected delivery dates for new customers - twice since we put our order in - and at the same time leave us hanging. We really could just put in a fresh order and get it delivered in the same amount of time. That strikes me as a bit rude if I'm honest.

And it doesn't seem to be a first come, first delivered situation either. I've been looking - people have been getting deliveries for the same model quicker. Lucky them.

It's made more irritating by the fact this is an expensive product akin to fashion, that will be refreshed in 11 months. In effect, we've lost a months worth of use, while others have been getting theirs delivered.

In short - grrrrrrrrr

My order now shows "Prepared for Shipment." but still shows shipping date as Apr 25.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    I love how waiting for 2 whole weeks for a product is considered an "improvement". Only with Apple products.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TdubYa View Post

In London. We ordered our iPads on the 30th March. Still has a delivery date of 3rd May. That's a long time to wait for something - regardless of if it's something you're keen to get your hands on or not.

That's quite a long time to wait in this day and age. I wouldn't be able to handle it.