iPad retains 74% tablet market share as Apple sits among top 5 PC vendors

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    paulmjohnsonpaulmjohnson Posts: 1,380member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

Enjoy it while you can, kiddo! I guarantee it won't be like that forever. 40 may (or may not) seem like a long time off for you, but it'll come before you're ready for it!

I'd like to respond, but I can't quite make out your post.....
  • Reply 42 of 46
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple's iPad accounted for 74 percent of tablet shipments in the first quarter of 2011, as combined Mac and iPad sales made Apple one of the top five PC vendors in the world by volume. [...]

If Foxconn had been able to produce more iPad 2s, Apple would have won more than 74%.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

[...] The top global PC vendor for the first quarter of 2011 was HP, which shipped 14.7 million units and took a 16.6 percent market share. In second was Acer, with 11.3 million shipped PCs and a 12.8 percent share. Both leaders saw their sales slip year over year. [...]

Meanwhile Apple's Mac shipments were up 28% last quarter, year-over-year. Just wait until the economy picks up again...
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Quote:

Enjoy it while you can, kiddo! I guarantee it won't be like that forever. 40 may (or may not) seem like a long time off for you, but it'll come before you're ready for it!

40? I'd kill to be 40 again. \
  • Reply 44 of 46
    [QUOTE=digitalclips;1855870]

"One fact we know for sure, iPads are not sitting on shelves in stock rooms!"

Well, except for Best Buy. BUT that's not because they couldn't sell them!
  • Reply 45 of 46
    cgc0202cgc0202 Posts: 624member
    Quote:

I know someone who is more than 70 yo, who has very poor eyesight her face is very near the screen when she uses a computer, the lens of her reading glasses are veru thick, her fingers are also not as steady. She leads a very active life that may make some 30-40's people like sedentary or couch potatoes. Still the "leader" in her community.

She has an iMac, a Dell, and iPhone4 and big screen TVs all over her house. But according to her, she does most of her stuff now with her iPhone, even watching Netflix movies. She does even her banking transactions using the iPhone. She browse through regular websites (newspapers, magazines, etc.) with the iPhone.

She seldom opens her computer anymore.

I sent her some full screen (13-in MacBook Pro) stuff, that I was afraid the text may not show well in the small screen of the iPhone. And she said she could read it. Doubtful, I asked her to read it, and she could read the text.

CGC
  • Reply 46 of 46
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted