Steve Jobs to Nike CEO: 'Get rid of the crappy stuff'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    whcirwhcir Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by magicj View Post

So says the guy with over 800 fart apps for sale for the iPhone.

This would be a really good criticism if those fart apps were developed in house at Apple, but they weren't. Perhaps the Nike CEO should have called you for advice?

Some people talk a lot about how Apple controls the App Store too much and they compare it to a retail store that chooses what they put on their shelves. I think that's a bad analogy though. Clearly Apple would not go out and seek fart apps. They have made rules for developers and as long as those rules are followed your app can be sold through the App Store. That's very different from a brick and mortar retailer, which should be laughed at for putting stupid products on its shelves. The App Store is different because it doesn't have finite square footage or shelving space. Apple simply creates the rules for the store, the approval process, and tools and guidelines to develop good apps. After that it's all about what the consumers demand. And I don't know about you, but I've never downloaded a fart app.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    ecphorizerecphorizer Posts: 533member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

Btw, what's the comment about Saturday about?

Saturday, May 21, 2011 stupidity among other sites.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    philipmphilipm Posts: 240member
    I used to do a column called Mac Intelligence in the 1990s, up to about 2006. One of my most consistent themes was simplifying the range (this is one of my earlier articles on that theme, and a later follow-up courtesy Wayback Machine, both after Jobs actually started doing this, but i pushed this idea to Apple people whenever I could before his return to Apple). It was crazy that, at the time Apple's market share tanked, their range was so complex that a PhD in computer architecture couldn't understand it.

What I find fascinating is how the iOS line has grown, following a lot of the ideas I had in my Nine Myths of Marketing series.

Not claiming credit or anything like that, but if smart people have similar ideas, I'm happy to be in that kind of company
  • Reply 64 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

I find Steve's terse comments and answers very amusing.

He could give an entire interview in a single tweet, if he tweeted.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by longliveapple View Post

I love how this thread has turned into a discussion about fart apps.

Hilarious.

If you find that funny, you should pull my finger
  • Reply 66 of 68
    crunchcrunch Posts: 180member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

And yet people will still scratch their head and winder why Apple "can't" make a $300 computer if Dell and HP can.

Because there IS NO MONEY IN IT...This argument will never die, will it?
  • Reply 67 of 68
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Been trying to figure out which of our legacy trolls he is. I don't think he's tekstud but he's obviously someone who planned on getting banned: his join date is Aug 2009, but he's only got around 280 posts, and, at the rate he's been posting, it should be much higher if he wasn't stashing that moniker for a rainy day. So, I'm thinking some serial troll, banned not too long ago, about the time that he surfaced with his 2 year old alias. Maybe one of the AKAs of MacTripper, although, not sure about the posting style.

What does JOIN DATE and amount of posts have to do with anything?

I'm sure there are a lot of us that just come here and read stuff, but rarely post.

Sure, I have been a member for 3 months, but I have been on this site for a lot longer...just never had a reason to post before 3 months ago.
  • Reply 68 of 68
    ecphorizerecphorizer Posts: 533member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

He could give an entire interview in a single tweet, if he twat.

There, fixed that past tense for you.