Lawsuit accuses Broadway Apple Store employees of racial discrimination

15678911»

Comments

• Reply 201 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It's sort of amusing that you're such a diligent researcher when it comes to defending all comers from charges of racism (or discrediting any that might make allegations of same) while being perfectly happy to spin baroque fantasies of Terrifying Ghetto Thugs Up To No Good based on pretty much nothing at all.

Maybe if you were to extend the courtesy of not judging before investigation to people in "baggy jeans" you wouldn't come off as such a screaming bigot.

Wish I could say there was something sort of amusing about you. But I'm sure you hear that all the time.

Allegations are easy. Facts are hard. That's why lazy types - like you! - prefer making allegations like 'screaming bigot'. At least I did the research. And you have no rebuttal to that, because to you, diligence is 'amusing'. You bring no new facts to the table. You just yell 'screaming bigot'.

I imagine that sums up your life: Running everyone else down so no one takes a good long look at YOU. How do you like that assessment of you? It's gotta be at least as good as yours of me.
  • Reply 202 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

His Google search doesn’t exclude the possibly of hits coming from reputable sources saying Howard Hughes was not racist.

For example — even though one isn’t needed — I have created a Google search to show how much Henry Ford loves Jews. About 1,930,000 results, or about 9x as much as Howard Hughes was racist.

Exactly. Unless you sift through and do the work (which, sadly, is something some here dismiss as 'amusing') grabbing a ton of links means nothing.

I would like to be thorough about the Hughes thing, since I picked up that thread after all. Here's a link I found that does have a couple of actual anecdotes re Hughes and race:

On a more serious note, Hughes was a blatant racist... He was incensed that the "Dating Game" episode featured interracial contestants.

and

The rioting that broke out in many cities in the wake of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. only steeled Hughes' racist resolve. In another memo to Maheu, he wrote: "I can summarize my attitude about employing more negroes very simply -- I think it is a wonderful idea for somebody else, somewhere else. I know this is not a very praiseworthy point of view, but I feel the negroes have already made enough progress to last the next 100 years, and there is such a thing as overdoing it."

But this begs the question: Did Hughes really stand out - in the context of that time period - as a 'blatant racist', or was he more or less typical of society's race-related values at that time? If it's the latter, Hughes is just being singled out by people with an axe to grind or a book to sell.

And the question about the Apple incident remains: Did store employees discriminate against clothing that makes it easy to conceal shoplifted items, and the tendency of shoplifters to work in pairs? Or did Apple employees, in the middle of one of the world's most liberal and culturally-diverse cities, actually exclude two men simply because they were black?
  • Reply 203 of 212
    my bud engineers for one of these guys and hes a rapper named st. laz and he is pretty well known in new york city, heres a pic of him with the rapper Jim Jones.
  • Reply 204 of 212
    I just had to joint this forum and say congrads!!! You guys officially made the apple customer community look like complete racist with the comments in this thread! Way to go guys ! You pushed us back about 20 years!! Thanks!!
  • Reply 205 of 212
    shadoeshadoe Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

Maybe I just don't care for liars - or their apologists. That too complex for you?

Because you're above that sort of thing? Yeah, you just call people racists.

It might be a waste of my time to even reply to such stupidity... Well, anyway, let me help you understand something. It does not make someone a moron or clown just because they don't know about something specific such as an outdated case. However, It does make someone a racist if he make racist statements over and over again, such as you have and some people in this forum has, then it's logical to conclude he is indeed racist. As for your acts of stupidity, keep it up and you'll prove yourself to the moron and clown.
  • Reply 206 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadoe View Post

It does not make someone a moron or clown just because they don't know about something specific such as an outdated case. However, It does make someone a racist if he make racist statements over and over again, such as you have and some people in this forum has, then it's logical to conclude he is indeed racist.

When someone like you presents himself as the spokesman for what is and is not 'racist' and then turns out to know absolutely NOTHING about that famous and important case, he demonstrates that he is nothing but a clown. (Calling it 'outdated' is simply a stunning display of ignorance. Yeah, history means nothing. Facts mean nothing. Running your brainless yap - that's everything.)

As for my own 'racism', quote my 'racist' statements. Quote them, let's see them. You can't, because you operate entirely without facts. All you have are your allegations. Long, loud, empty and boring allegations.

In my experience (and historically), those who make the shrillest allegations of 'racism' against others are deeply closeted racists themselves. (Substitute 'sexist' or 'anti-Semite' or anything you like for 'racist' - the principle holds.)

I also can't help but notice that your previous post stated that you wouldn't call me a clown - and now, you are! Nothing coming out of your mouth has any value, does it?
  • Reply 207 of 212
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shaneMAcfixer View Post

I just had to joint this forum and say congrads!!! You guys officially made the apple customer community look like complete racist with the comments in this thread! Way to go guys ! You pushed us back about 20 years!! Thanks!!

What I see from this and some other posts here is the idea that, when a charge of racism is leveled, the correct and safe thing to do is to pile on. If instead you demand proof of the charges, you too are immediately and mindlessly labeled a 'racist' by the mob.

In the '50's. Joe McCarthy gained power and fame by leveling charges of 'Communism'. The correct and safe thing to do was to pile on. If instead you demanded proof of the charges, you too were labeled a 'Communist' by the mob.

Today it's said that McCarthy ruined a lot of lives, but the fact is it's the unthinking mob that went along with him who gave him power.

What's really pathetic is that some of the yahoos on this board dismiss the lessons of history as 'outdated'. Meaning they are too lazy and too cowardly to learn them.
  • Reply 208 of 212
    bongobongo Posts: 158member
    Hey, at least Apple isn't in to rape. That's still head and shoulders above some people: http://lawblog.legalmatch.com/2011/0...-strauss-kahn/
  • Reply 209 of 212
    shadoeshadoe Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

When someone like you presents himself as the spokesman for what is and is not 'racist' and then turns out to know absolutely NOTHING about that famous and important case, he demonstrates that he is nothing but a clown. (Calling it 'outdated' is simply a stunning display of ignorance. Yeah, history means nothing. Facts mean nothing. Running your brainless yap - that's everything.)

As for my own 'racism', quote my 'racist' statements. Quote them, let's see them. You can't, because you operate entirely without facts. All you have are your allegations. Long, loud, empty and boring allegations.

In my experience (and historically), those who make the shrillest allegations of 'racism' against others are deeply closeted racists themselves. (Substitute 'sexist' or 'anti-Semite' or anything you like for 'racist' - the principle holds.)

I also can't help but notice that your previous post stated that you wouldn't call me a clown - and now, you are! Nothing coming out of your mouth has any value, does it?

I still didn't call you a moron or clown. If you look at my previous reply, you'll notice I was saying that your own actions will prove yourself to be the moron and clown. Now, judging by your discombobulated logic, you calling me a racist. I'm definitely not a racist! I just so happen to had fallen in love with a White woman, whom I am now happy married to. I don't have to call you a moron or clown because you do a great job proving it for yourself, Minster Snitch. Now, go apply your own theory about "closeted racist" to yourself and there you have it, there you are!

When I use the term "outdated" it means it's old news. I never said it was irrelevant, just outdated (read old) and I didn't know about it. How is that a "stunning display of ignorance" or whatever you saying? Trust me, there are plenty of historical facts that folks could research to use to confront your moral ignorance. But unlike you, they don't hold on to the 50's, 40's, 30's, 20's, etc. or go wishing it was like the "good old days" when open racism was acceptable. I am glad that we live in a time where racist are held accountable. Welcome to back to now, Minister Snitch.
  • Reply 210 of 212
    I went through your posts, clownboy. Post after post after post accusing one person after another of racism. You see the problem everywhere around you, except in yourself. Only YOU have no problem.

to blursd:

Quote:

Huh, you just called yourself out! Looks like you know the language of racism very well and I bet you practice what you preach. I never heard anyone say anything like it! Was that your attempt to educate us?

to Apple ][:

Quote:

It's a shame that we have to reopen such deep wounds but you think this stuff funny or something. You are a heartless person trying to make an irrelevant point.

When you spend your days accusing everyone else of something, it's a sure bet you're the one doing it.
  • Reply 211 of 212
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I think this has gone on for longer than it needed to. It's probably time to lock it and move on. It looks like everyone is arguing each other in circles, and it's getting more insulting every cycle.