Steve Jobs to present iCloud, iOS 5, Lion at Apple's June 6 WWDC keynote

1234568

Comments

  • Reply 141 of 162
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,724member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Secruoser View Post




    "If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton



    Ironic the quote you chose, as the comment was probably a sarcastic remark attributed to Newton toward the brilliant Robert Hooke (who was apparently short of stature) and with whom he was in dispute.
  • Reply 142 of 162
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    I don't directly agree with Tallest Skil but I certainly agree with him indirectly.



    Just look at iPhone/Touch apps on the iPad. It's the same primary I/O just a different size and yet it's a very poor experience. Now imagine that switched to an even larger display and then having to use a mouse instead of touch interface.



    If there is one thing we've seen Apple try to avoid over the years it's a bad user experience, which is probably why they Retina Display-compliant Phone/Touch apps to run in the old 480x320 resolution. They want apps to be native. The fact they included it at all was because there was no app market for the iPad but I bet if they could back to January 2010 they wouldn't have included that option at all.



    What I'd like to see at WWDC next week is an SDK that can create a single universal app that is idealized for the iPhone/Touch, iPad and Mac UIs.



    in the last two years Apple has introduced the touch UI Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad for desktops. getting us ready ...



    also Apple has standardized all its displays @ 16:9 aspect. which would work good with apps that run on Apple TV, if we ever get those.



    not to say i expect this all to happen, but it means it all could.
  • Reply 143 of 162
    whcirwhcir Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    I'm confused. Apple is different than Mac? ]

    Oh, is the 272% including iDevices? That's idiotic; just put them all in one or don't have iDevices at all.



    The 272% includes iPad sales, but not other iOS devices. It may seem idiotic because you want them included or excluded without differentiation to the Mac, but that's the point. The original graph was used, along with a blog post, to explain why IDC and Gartner should include iPads in statistics for PC sales. IDC and Gartner have been separating the iPad, categorizing it as a media tablet, while tablets that run Microsoft Windows are counted as PCs, despite evidence that iPads are competing with laptops. The original graph and article can be found here:



    http://www.asymco.com/2011/04/14/fir...acipad-up-250/
  • Reply 144 of 162
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onhka View Post


    To be perfectly clear, in my mind Jobs will never be gone.



    agreed one million %
  • Reply 145 of 162
    I'm betting that if Twitter is rumored to be integrated into iOS 5 at the lowest possible level then it might just mean that it makes use of the new notifications system for new tweets received etc. Basing the idea of the new notifications system on the hiring of the Jailbreak notifications guy.



    We'll probably see Apple change the way iPod/iPhone only-apps display on the iPad, by using the higher resolution graphics (for retina screens) to pretty much fill the screen, instead of how it currently works by the user having to press the 2x button to fill the screen with stretched graphics.



    Also, the WWDC image has a "hidden" number "5" or "S" in it, whichever way you look at it. Might be interesting to see what that means...iOS5 is an obvious one, but maybe a one more thing iPhone 5? We shall have to wait and see, can only speculate!
  • Reply 146 of 162
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,341member
    I wouldn't mind having Twitter and Facebook integration at a low level in iOS.





    Notification would be what I consider to be high level and shallow integration. What I'm thinking is more likely a unified authentication system where you have your FB and Twitter credentials locked behind your Apple ID.



    Thus when you wish to grant an app FB or Twitter access you simply plug in your Apple ID and if you have multiple FB or Twitter accounts you are prompted to choose that account. Voila.
  • Reply 147 of 162
    sp.8472sp.8472 Posts: 25member
    Well Jobs is renown for his success of parting FOOLS from their cash and as usual there is an excess of examples in this thread.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post


    ...... and he will come back off of his 6-month leave to lead the company as before for the next ten or twenty years? Or until he is ready to retire for the same reasons the rest of us do--tired of it, ready to do something else, etc. His continued presence, appearances, activities, etc. support this argument.



    WTF "6 month" leave are you talking about? Is it your stupidity,delusion or BOTH? His medical leave message from the start of the year mentions tellingly NO finite time for his absence. On the contrary if it wasn't for the level of crApple cult delusion those familiar with Jobs messages about his health( ie the progression of ultimately TERMINAL cancer despite all his FAILED(to make much difference) deceitful/nefarious attempts to delay it by abusing his wealth/influence behind all that mountain of sick apple spin/deceit) would note the for THE FIRST TIME, the OMINOUS ABSENCE (EVEN of the slightest inference) of Jobs upbeat statement that HE **WILL** BE BACK working at Apple.He is saying GOODBYE to Apple, to YOU - even his conceited arrogance can't delude of his unavoidable fate now! Yes of course he remains involved in "strategic decisions for the company" which naturally is CLASSIC crAPPLE FUD for (barely) nodding his head (or not) while lying on his death bed, the focus he mentions which will become an exponentially greater part of his life as this year progresses.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post




    2) That CNN blurb contradicts what Jobs quote as still being CEO when it says Cook will take control. If you are still acting CEO then you are in control and responsible for the company, regardless if you are working from home.



    3) Jobs stated, "Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple?s day to day operations." That's giving more responsibility, but it's not the same position he was 2 years prior when Cook was acting CEO.



    4) The fact that Jobs is acting CEO seems clear that we should expect to see Jobs on stage again.



    PMP!



    EVEN WITHOUT past related history to Jobs progressive terminal cancer/crApple's notorious history of NEFARIOUS deceit + manipulation (eg Jobs 'slight cold/bug' LMAOPMP turns out to be MAJOR CANCER relapse SO FCUKING bad he has to go (25 etc) waiting lists (= houses living in each area) around the country for (AKA buy) a iLiver transplant ( + cash for bent unethical surgeon to perform a COMPLETELY MEDICALLY NON RECOMMENDED highly inefficient/wasteful of precious/limited resource procedure) the only CLEAR meaning of his "acting CEO" AKA excuse to con the HOPELESS gullible baboons, like yourself,(as you resulting belief demonstrates it worked as efficiently as ever) has is to someone with your level of LMFAO DESPERATE to not face the truth due to the degree of devastation it will cause DELUSION.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post


    You present a valid position. But it is based on the assumption that Steve is on the way out. What if he is not? What if his health has been steadily improving........



    OMFG just when you thought the depths to which delusion here could not be surpassed.



    The power of predictive science/knowledge + experts of such (yes pointless i know being beyond the scope of people so easily conned by Jobs/Apple but for posterity sake "Told you so, I did tell you deluded c*nts earlier" as proof of your squirming delusional brainwashed beliefs when the starts pronging Jobs arse with a pitchfork for the rest of an eternity for all the unnecessary suffering he caused his customers ( not to mention the $hit Beta test botched/ripped on tech the cheap + fails epically products themselves) (worse aided by the crApple fanboi cult he orchestrated mauling to death any average customers that has the slightest negative complaint about their MORE than perfect iFailure ( eg customer "the phone doesn't work on my iFailure !" Endless crApple fagbois compassionately line up to help distressed customer "STFU with YOUR whining and MAKING up problems U DUMB c*nt - Who the FCUK exactly uses a mobile to phone people!!DUUUHH!????HONESTLY!" etc)





    Remember the "lovely" ( as in "lovely" Jobs) McCanns who were positive despite a COMPLETE lack of (McCanns/Tapas cohorts/collaborators independent) evidence their daughter Madeleine was ABDUCTED.Naturally NONE of the UKs psychologists have access to the McCanns private medical/(any)mental reports,they have no more inside information on the couple then your regular members of the public have access to, just everything available from the media/internet. Yet AMAZINGLY a popular theory/belief many experts in psychology came to independently was a diagnosis of BOTH the McCann parents as having acute NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER thus supporting the unlikeliness of (the McCaans cover up/orchestrated) little Maddy's abduction ( HOWEVER before anyone gets carried away , there is absolutely NO evidence/theory they are murderers)





    What has this do with Jobs impending doom? Well Medical Cancer specialists( oncologists) have naturally never seen Jobs private Medical records(yeah thats familiar - its the usual dumb fanboi parroted SQUAWK when EVER there's the SLIGHTEST suggestion that Jobs isn't immortal is made) containing his treatments and progression of his neuroendocrine cancer, only whats from the media/net yet many of them too have independently have come up with the same theory/beliefs/predictions( God even completely non - expert me has stumbled near their diagnosis/predictions,i'm sure i mention some major metabolism pancreas produced hormone produced excessively from the cancer metastasizing all around his body being responsible for the usual deceitful "hormone imbalance" in an earlier post) that have been tellingly accurate about Jobs that is currently end state metastatic insuloma (despite there never being an official release of such detailed diagnosis, OF COURSE it crApple/Jobs cash + greed over integrity ANYDAY.)



    eg http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...s_jobs_did.php





    So Jobs chances of seeing the new year are SLIM but his final death throw crys won't be the only ones - with his IMMINENT demise which you fanbois are SO IN DENIAL of ,your cries of pain as you fall on your own daggers of delusion + your conceits are shattered will be JUST as DEAFENING + thoroughly deserved from the suffering your sick cult/fanaticism has needlessly caused so many innocent others.
  • Reply 148 of 162
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,724member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sp.8472 View Post


    Well Jobs is renown for his success of parting FOOLS from their cash and as usual there is an excess of examples in this thread.



    An outrageous diatribe... awaiting Admin response.
  • Reply 149 of 162
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,664member
    Reported, recommend others do the same. Just hit that nice little red exclamation point at the bottom of that ugly rant.
  • Reply 150 of 162
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,724member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post


    ...Just hit that nice little red exclamation point at the bottom of that ugly rant.



    This is not the first time that I have done just that. However, this post is truly remarkable... and sad!
  • Reply 151 of 162
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sp.8472 View Post


    Abject nonsense



    He wouldn't have received a liver if he had cancer. The time you wasted writing that drivel was vast.
  • Reply 152 of 162
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,668member
    This is actually the maddest paragraph I have ever read.



    Quote:

    EVEN WITHOUT past related history to Jobs progressive terminal cancer/crApple's notorious history of NEFARIOUS deceit + manipulation (eg Jobs 'slight cold/bug' LMAOPMP turns out to be MAJOR CANCER relapse SO FCUKING bad he has to go (25 etc) waiting lists (= houses living in each area) around the country for (AKA buy) a iLiver transplant ( + cash for bent unethical surgeon to perform a COMPLETELY MEDICALLY NON RECOMMENDED highly inefficient/wasteful of precious/limited resource procedure) the only CLEAR meaning of his "acting CEO" AKA excuse to con the HOPELESS gullible baboons, like yourself,(as you resulting belief demonstrates it worked as efficiently as ever) has is to someone with your level of LMFAO DESPERATE to not face the truth due to the degree of devastation it will cause DELUSION



    All the signs of psychosis, no punctuation, massive over use of parenthesis, CAPITALS, and massive incoherence. Sample of Android fans? Surely not.
  • Reply 153 of 162
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,668member
    No! This is the maddest paragraph ever.



    Quote:

    The power of predictive science/knowledge + experts of such (yes pointless i know being beyond the scope of people so easily conned by Jobs/Apple but for posterity sake "Told you so, I did tell you deluded c*nts earlier" as proof of your squirming delusional brainwashed beliefs when the starts pronging Jobs arse with a pitchfork for the rest of an eternity for all the unnecessary suffering he caused his customers ( not to mention the $hit Beta test botched/ripped on tech the cheap + fails epically products themselves) (worse aided by the crApple fanboi cult he orchestrated mauling to death any average customers that has the slightest negative complaint about their MORE than perfect iFailure ( eg customer "the phone doesn't work on my iFailure !" Endless crApple fagbois compassionately line up to help distressed customer "STFU with YOUR whining and MAKING up problems U DUMB c*nt - Who the FCUK exactly uses a mobile to phone people!!DUUUHH!????HONESTLY!" etc)



  • Reply 154 of 162
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,668member
    Nope, the next two were madder. Something about the McCanns, although fairly incomprehensible. An apparent delight in Job's supposed death, and then



    Quote:

    So Jobs chances of seeing the new year are SLIM but his final death throw crys won't be the only ones - with his IMMINENT demise which you fanbois are SO IN DENIAL of ,your cries of pain as you fall on your own daggers of delusion + your conceits are shattered will be JUST as DEAFENING + thoroughly deserved from the suffering your sick cult/fanaticism has needlessly caused so many innocent others



    Apparently the very existence of the "Apple cult", those of us who don't use CAPITALS everywhere, has needlessly caused "pain" - at least I think that is what we needlessly caused - to many innocent others. Possibly this includes Madeline McCann. It is hard to tell.



    Anyway, joking aside. sp.8472, you may not realise this - the mad never do - but you do need to see a doctor. Stop trying to diagnose Steve Jobs condition and diagnose yourself. There isn't a medical professional in the world who wouldn't - upon seeing that screed - recommend your incarceration, or at the very least, massive does of medication.



    I know that is common on the internet - you need to take meds, dude - I am not engaging in any kind of ad hominem. You do need to see a doctor. Nobody sane writes like that.
  • Reply 155 of 162
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sp.8472 View Post


    Well Jobs is renown for his success of parting FOOLS from their cash and as usual there is an excess of examples in this thread.



    Psychology textbook writers, look no further for a fine illustrative example of pathology expressed through writing.



    This person's past posts reveals a chilling focus solely on matters of Steve Jobs' health. It might be a responsible move for moderators to alert Jobs' security people. He might only be a crank, but he actually could pose a problem.



    A number of us have asked the moderators to ban this person, but nothing seems to have been done.
  • Reply 156 of 162
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,664member
    I'm kind of shocked this loon hasn't been banned before now-- a quick look at his posting history shows he's been shrieking about Jobs and the horribleness of Apple's users for a couple of years-- often in huge, multi-colored type.



    Unlike the usual garden variety troll this fellow seems to be actually unwell, or is doing a pretty credible job of playing an unwell person on the internet.
  • Reply 157 of 162
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Banned, posts hidden and hopefully soon, nuked IPs.



    I'm in agreement with others, it really disturbs me this joker had been allowed to go on for so long. I don't know what happened, maybe fell through the cracks, but I'm not convinced that the report post feature is working very well.
  • Reply 158 of 162
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,724member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


    Banned, posts hidden and hopefully soon, nuked IPs.



    I'm in agreement with others, it really disturbs me this joker had been allowed to go on for so long. I don't know what happened, maybe fell through the cracks, but I'm not convinced that the report post feature is working very well.



    Thanks admin. It's obvious that I was upset at the post, however, with others, I hope that there is opportunity for his(?) issues to be addressed and overcome.



    All the best.
  • Reply 159 of 162
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post


    Unlike the usual garden variety troll this fellow seems to be actually unwell, or is doing a pretty credible job of playing an unwell person on the internet.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post


    Thanks admin. It's obvious that I was upset at the post, however, with others, I hope that there is opportunity for his(?) issues to be addressed and overcome.



    Don't worry, there are a lot of modern medications that do help. From personal experience, I don't think the medication is a cure or a tool to "normalise" everyone to fit in, it just takes the edge off so one can operate a tiny bit better in this world before they move on to wherever they are destined to go.



    The Divine will sort things out, eventually, one way or another, this lifetime or the next.



    From what you all have quoted, Jobs and Apple just seems to be the fixation on his view of "all the problems of the world". It gets that way sometimes. I still think there are many problems in the world, and Jobs isn't perfect, but if there were more "evil" people to be fixated on I'd choose maybe Gadaffi, Sepp Blatter, Ryan Giggs (accused of cheating with his brother's wife for 8 years), Palin, Tom Cruise... heck, even my own Prime Minister of my country is one dodgy bas*ard.



    Like I said, the paranoid/ deep hatred-fixation is probably a symptom of pyschosis, with medication it is likely the doctors will get to the underlying cause of his troubles.



    I wish all to be well and blessed, even though sometimes in my life it is a confusing menagerie of experiences and memories I try to sort out.
  • Reply 160 of 162
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post


    Thanks admin. It's obvious that I was upset at the post, however, with others, I hope that there is opportunity for his(?) issues to be addressed and overcome.



    All the best.



    You've done what you can. The rest is up to him. You can lead crazy to a drinking fountain, but crazy can still die of thirst for paranoia that the fountain is poisoned.
Sign In or Register to comment.