State of the Union tonight...place your bets

Comments

• Reply 121 of 305
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Hilary probably does look like a good canidate from Hong Kong.....
  • Reply 122 of 305
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    President Bush is a true leader. The speech was world class.

Fellowship
  • Reply 123 of 305
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Nice, fair analysis. I'm sick of these damn blind party line supporters on either side of the aisle.

[ 01-29-2003: Message edited by: BR ]</p>
  • Reply 124 of 305
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>

and bush is for killing children, at least arab ones..</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yea and then he mixes their blood into his holiday pastries. Right?
  • Reply 125 of 305
    [quote]Originally posted by BR:

<strong>Nice, fair analysis. I'm sick of these damn blind party line supporters on either side of the aisle.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I found it to be bias and almost complete bullshit.
  • Reply 126 of 305
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott:

<strong>

I found it to be bias and almost complete bullshit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That surprises no one since you are biased and often full of shit. I am neither democrat nor republican. Frankly I despise both parties so I am not biased by these stupid political bullshit spin games. It was indeed a fair analysis. You are just a blind pseudo-patriot that thinks that parties actually mean something.
  • Reply 127 of 305
    [quote]Originally posted by BR:

<strong>

That surprises no one since you are biased and often full of shit. I am neither democrat nor republican. Frankly I despise both parties so I am not biased by these stupid political bullshit spin games. It was indeed a fair analysis. You are just a blind pseudo-patriot that thinks that parties actually mean something.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Whatever. History will prove how stupid you are.
  • Reply 128 of 305

<strong>Whatever. History will prove how stupid you are.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Speaking of history, your favorite administration should try reading some. Bombing the f**k out of countries and refusing to put the effort into nation building DOES NOT WORK. Making alliances with dictatorships and giving them weapons BITES US IN THE ASS IN THE END.

History! FEH! You try reading some first Mr. Party Line. Oh, by the way. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. NOT ONE BIT. THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR POWER AND NOTHING ELSE.
  • Reply 129 of 305
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    This thread started out interesting, and then it became a free for all in attacking people. Sheesh, some things never change.

BTW, I missed the speech, anyone got the link so I can read it. From what I have read so far in the news and some of what I read here it sounded pretty good.
  • Reply 130 of 305
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member

<strong>

Whatever. History will prove how stupid you are.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I woudn't say that too loud. You may want to reflect on it later.

• Reply 130 of 305
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>

BTW, I missed the speech, anyone got the link so I can read it. From what I have read so far in the news and some of what I read here it sounded pretty good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.c-span.org/executive/stateoftheunion.asp?Cat=Current_Event&Code=Bush_Ad min" target="_blank">http://www.c-span.org/executive/stateoftheunion.asp?Cat=Current_Event&Code=Bush_Ad min</a>
  • Reply 132 of 305
    here you <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1790537.stm"; target="_blank">go</a>

i thought it was a pretty good speech for him, (he's actually become a fairly competent orator) he threw a lot of bones to left, but still has some explaining to do before we invade.

i still wouldn't vote for him, but i'm not as embarrassed as i was a year ago
  • Reply 133 of 305
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I thought the democratic response was WEAK. Come on, don't they have their own opinion? Or are they just "Republicans lite?" I tend to be quite liberal, and I kinda wish there was a major party that reflected my views.
  • Reply 134 of 305
    [quote]I thought the democratic response was WEAK <hr></blockquote>

everything the democrats have done since the last presidential election has been weak, and 9/11 hobbled them further.

i've voted democrat my entire life and i'm still scratching my head as to why bush won. (please no one weigh in with "but he got fewer votes" yada yada, i'm aware,) meaning how can you lose to this guy? it was shameful, and now the same dead horses are trotting out from the barns to iowa and new hampshire.
  • Reply 135 of 305
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    But I do think it's an important point to remember that he did get fewer votes.
  • Reply 136 of 305
    Change your system then so that it can't happen again. It is your system, not the politicians.
  • Reply 136 of 305
    [quote]But I do think it's an important point to remember that he did get fewer votes. <hr></blockquote>

but i think it's more important to know that al gore didn't even win his home state (tennessee) which would have made florida moot.

he didn't win his own state!
  • Reply 138 of 305
    [quote]Originally posted by Alex London:

<strong>Change your system then so that it can't happen again. It is your system, not the politicians.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, the politicians won't just vote themselves out of office. They lust for power.

One of the most promising plans yet is the free state project: <a href="http://www.freestateproject.org"; target="_blank">http://www.freestateproject.org</a>;
  • Reply 139 of 305
    There seem to be a lot of communists on these boards.
  • Reply 140 of 305
    communism is mostly dead, what's left alive is so rancidly corrupt that no one would touch it....