"Apple's iCloud will automatically store, sync data for free"

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charley2 View Post


    Itools is free, Dot mac is free, Mobile Me is $99 a year. They did it once and they'll do it again.



    .Mac was never free. You also have absolutely no argument here. MobileMe was never free. iTools was never changed to a paid service.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    OH LOOK. DATA.







    Please explain how that graph jives with Job's own statement (WWDC keynote) that iTunes sold 20 billion tracks (at average 99¢ = 19,8 billion dollars x 30% = 6,5 billion dollars revenue for Apple; against very low operating cost, i.o.w. it is almost 100% profit).



    In your graph iTunes revenue is less than 1 billion over 2,6 years...

    So it appears 'DATA' are pliable and (your) graph really is BS.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    I don't think you'll have to worry about iCloud for the simple reason of who Apple is competing with to bring you this service. Android and Google. Unless Google/Android suddenly go away (doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon), Apple needs free online services to offer a similar experience to what Android users get with the built in Google services.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parttimer View Post


    Please explain how that graph jives with Job's own statement (WWDC keynote) that iTunes sold 20 billion



    No. Jobs announced 15 billion tracks.

    Announced in June 2011. Chart stops at Dec 2011

    iTunes started selling music in 2003. So the first FIVE bloody years are not on the chart!







    Quote:

    So it appears 'DATA' are pliable and (your) graph really is BS.



    NO. You cannot read a simple chart and your numbers are wrong.

    The BS is all coming from you. Stop it.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piot View Post


    your numbers are wrong.



    Really? Let's see your numbers then.

    Or are you just reciting the fanboy gospel without substance?

    The floor is yours.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Parttimer View Post


    Really? Let's see your numbers then.

    Or are you just reciting the fanboy gospel without substance?

    The floor is yours.



    Please just stop talking. You've permanently embarrassed yourself here. Let's not go for "completely discredit"... though you're close.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    euphoriaeuphoria Posts: 20member
    Hey guys, do you know if iCloud will support some kind of podcast syncing?

    Like syncing for mp3 podcasts....



    Is there a iCloud support group that I can email to get additional info on this?



    Thanks
  • Reply 28 of 30
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post


    Hey guys, do you know if iCloud will support some kind of podcast syncing?

    Like syncing for mp3 podcasts....



    I would think so, but I don't have any, so I can't confirm that at all.



    Quote:

    Is there a iCloud support group that I can email to get additional info on this?



    As it's not even out yet, no.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    parttimerparttimer Posts: 250member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Parttimer

    Really? Let's see your numbers then.

    Or are you just reciting the fanboy gospel without substance?

    The floor is yours.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Please just stop talking. You've permanently embarrassed yourself here. Let's not go for "completely discredit"... though you're close.



    Ah, so you don't have the numbers, eh!

    And you are reciting the fanboy gospel blindly.

    Small surprise...

  • Reply 30 of 30
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,353member
    This thread has grown stale.



    We don't know what Apple's plans are so it's all conjecture at this point. Let's let the cards be dealt and see where iCloud goes.



    Closing thread
Sign In or Register to comment.