Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nexus S 4G added to Apple's infringement complaint

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jexus View Post

A Phone is used to call people, something the Iphone has consistently fallen to in categories to Android Copycats.

A smartphone is something much more that should be able to do much more. The User experience is STILL the most important thing. However to me this is not such a non issue, I understand for many people it is.

Poor battery life depends on your definition of "heavy use". I spend most of the day browsing the web, watching youtube videos and checking email, and near the end of the day play the emulators I have(Which the ROMS for are LEGAL in my case). I can crack almost 1.5 days worth of a charge out of my Nexus S. 8 hours of standby will only tick away about 10-15% on EDGE and about 25% on 3G(Both depending on background applications).

Some People constantly stream, or use their Phone as a 3G/4G router via hotspot, or run like 6 Apps at the same time, Thus the phone is expected to DIE.

Many people who have an android phone have no idea what a task killer is and thus, the background applications running will usually be the battery killer. Either that, or a terrible UI, such as Motoblur.

If people could not get 1 days use out of their phone they would not buy it, but a good amount of people CAN get at least 24 hours use, hence why they are still selling.

HTC skips out on batteries choosing very low calibers

Moto's UI sucks

Samsung's SAMOLED screens already draw 75% less power than a conventional LCD, but their Apps aren't the most friendly.

LG...never tried one of their phones, but from what I'm seeing from a friend who has one, they also skimp out on batteries.

Never had a sony phone, don't know anyone who does

Your Nexus S battery life is an exception according to post #7 in this thread.

http://androidforums.com/nexus-s/330...rformance.html
  • Reply 82 of 83
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

Your Nexus S battery life is an exception according to post #7 in this thread.

http://androidforums.com/nexus-s/330...rformance.html

If you're referring to graph of the battery draining in 9 hours; the user had a rogue process that was eating his battery (hence why android OS was shown eating up to 45% of the battery usage). If you read the thread, he resolved the issue, and

Quote:

Now that I've gotten to the bottom of my problem I get two full days out of my phone with music while commuting, bluetooth in the car and plenty of twitter/web/facebook over 3G and wifi depending on location. I have no complaints or regrets about getting the Nexus S now.

• Reply 83 of 83
    joindupjoindup Posts: 80member
    Apple has a decent lead in tablets and plenty of cash in the bank. They should open a factory in the USA and cancel all orders from Samsung. Yes it will hurt in the short term, but Samsung are not partners if they steal your IP. Stick two fingers up to them. Let's see them copy the next iDevice if they don't have any Apple orders. Far more effective than a lawsuit - and a clear message to suppliers - play fair or lose the account.