Quote:
    Originally Posted by brucep View Post

the ip4 could be a touch thinner

That's... a good one.
  • Reply 62 of 73
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hailthehamster View Post

I'm not suggesting that it is a uniform truth. I found a huge drop in signal and phone function after upgrading from the 3GS to 4. I mostly use handsfree, not attenuating the signal with my hand. That has me suspicious I'm not the only one and this is something apple may wish to remedy. Apple and the carriers do monitor dropped calls.

I'm not in a position to comment on other devices. By the by how many phones do you have? A man only needs so many, you seem to have them all

I use iP4 as my phone, replacing my 3GS. But I know that I can get reception with my iP4 in places where the 3GS did not work. Now, the 3GS is essentially an iPod Touch for me. My Samsung Nexus S is my "spare" phone. Prior to these, I used BBs.
  • Reply 63 of 73
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Amen, brotha!

And I don't think thinner is necessarily better. Try holding a piece of paper between your thumb and index finger; not a very reassuring feeling.

If it's too thin, the phone would 'snap' 90-degrees if you squeezed it too hard, unless you were applying equal pressure on both sides. Sounds like it'd be an annoying balancing game.

Really lame what ifs. Really. The Iphone is no longer made of paper, since Papermaster left the house.

Snap 90 deg? That does not make sense. But my twisted mind can translate your gibberish into a plausible scenario which is only plausible since it was made of paper, which it is NOT (see previous paragraph).
  • Reply 64 of 73
    rhyderhyde Posts: 294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Applecation View Post

Not thinner or lighter: If the guts can be squeezed, then more battery, please. I hope to see 24 hour battery life someday (not expecting it anytime soon).

64GB memory. Some of these apps are taking significant space. I want to fit my whole music library as well.

I used to want 64 GB. Then I got a 64GB iPad2. All of a sudden, the main reason for 64 GB (carrying around video to watch) doesn't seem so important. I don't personally feel the need to carry around my 20 GB of audio data with me all the time as it would take months (at the rate I listen to music on an iPhone) to listen to every song just once. A few play lists (5GB) and I'm good to go.

[/quote]

5MP is adequate, but move the flash! I have to remove the case to take a flash picture, due to flash reflection.

Slight increase in screen would be welcome.

[/quote]

I'm coming from a 3GS, so I'd be getting that anyway

Quote:

Louder speakers. There are still times, in noisy surroundings, when I miss calls.

Bluetooth headset helps a lot here.
  • Reply 65 of 73
    cloudgazercloudgazer Posts: 2,161member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Really lame what ifs. Really. The Iphone is no longer made of paper, since Papermaster left the house.

Snap 90 deg? That does not make sense. But my twisted mind can translate your gibberish into a plausible scenario which is only plausible since it was made of paper, which it is NOT (see previous paragraph).

He still hasn't answered how he copes with cutlery
  • Reply 66 of 73
    brucepbrucep Posts: 2,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's... a good one.

huh wha ?? oh boy i did not see the joke at first

my iphone seems like a brick if i hold it for long times .

lol

• Reply 67 of 73
    joindupjoindup Posts: 80member
    New iPhones. New iPads. It's my wallet that will be thinner and lighter!
  • Reply 68 of 73
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    The iPhone 5 will be 9mm thin with a slightly larger chassis to support new technology and a larger screen.

The screen will be 4 inches diagonal and will sport a high definition resolution of 1080x720p. This will be the first HD iPhone, and iOS 5 will be able to optimize apps to work with this higher resolution in much the same way OS X can optimize apps for screen sizes ranging from 11 inches to 30 inches.

It will have a dual mode wireless radio and the one phone will be sold on all major US carriers. Not only that but the phone will support HSPA+ meaning that this will be the first "4G" iPhone and T-Mobile and AT&T will have it activated. Verizon is already preparing for this by readying an ad campaign claiming their 3G iPhone is better than AT&T and T-Mobile's 4G iPhone.

It will have a 8 megapixel camera and will be able to shoot video in 1080p as well as shoot stills with much higher clarity and vibrancy. It will also have an A5 chip with the faster graphics processor we first saw in the iPad. Apple will use this for highly involved video and photo editing.

Battery life on the new iPhone will also be stellar because of new software and hardware advances. It will be announced in late September and sold shorty afterward.

Source: An Anonymous Analysts with connections to Anonymous Apple Employees close to the development.
  • Reply 69 of 73
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

...HSPA+... ..."4G"...

You don't actually believe those clowns, do you?

Quote:

Source: An Anonymous Analysts with connections to Anonymous Apple Employees close to the development.

I don't see a "Retina-er Display" any time soon.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joindup View Post

New iPhones. New iPads. It's my wallet that will be thinner and lighter!

It shall be your thinnest wallet ever!
  • Reply 71 of 73
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You don't actually believe those clowns, do you?

I don't see a "Retina-er Display" any time soon.

HSPA+ is totally not 4G but AT&T and T-Mobile advertise it as such. I remember watching the new Samsung Infuse 4G commercials thinking that it must've been one of AT&T's new LTE phones. I looked it up and saw it was HSPA+...

My whole posts was a sarcastic take on how these "Analyst" seem to come up with this "secret" info from their arses.
  • Reply 72 of 73
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

HSPA+ is totally not 4G but AT&T and T-Mobile advertise it as such. I remember watching the new Samsung Infuse 4G commercials thinking that it must've been one of AT&T's new LTE phones. I looked it up and saw it was HSPA+...

They need sued. For hundreds of millions of dollars. By the government itself, for heaven's sake.

Otherwise, I'll just start my own company, claim to be selling something, and get away with taking people's money for free. If I'm brought to court, I should just be able to say, "It's legal to lie to customers."

My whole posts was a sarcastic take on how these "Analyst" seem to come up with this "secret" info from their arses.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. You did VERY well. I was half ready to post something like, "No big surprises here; we already know EVERYTHING you've said."

Again, you did that VERY well.
  • Reply 73 of 73
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Thinner, lighter, faster, sleeker = a win-win for Apple & us Imaniacs. But sit tight Apple has more surprises in store. True the new IPhone5 will be more about IOS 5 but lets not count out some great hardware surprises as well.