Your favorite foreign film?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    [quote] Have you seen MY BEST FIEND? I definitely recommend that to anyone reading this list. <hr></blockquote>

and have you read KINSKI UNCUT??? dang...freaky life...i will never forget the abcess in the throat story....g
  • Reply 62 of 66
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Burden Of Dreams --the making of Fitscaraldo, is also great.... it shows Herzog and Kinski at their best: at each others throats and etc, great back to back monologues from each of them about how they view the Jungle: Kinski loves it, finds it absolutely erotic, Herzog (not hearing the kinski interview) hates it find it an uncontrolled fornication and death

very funny, the film makeris Les Blank . . . . I took a course on Faulkner in college and Les Blanks son was in my study group . . . he also has made films . . .ostly about wild cars . . . which he used to drive everywhere around town
  • Reply 63 of 66
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>

and have you read KINSKI UNCUT??? </strong><hr></blockquote>

I have yet to track down an 'uncut' version of it, but I will. MY BEST FIEND has elements of that, and the FITZCARRALDO documentary in it though, and it's an absolute must for anyone that like foreign films.

Kinski was insane. Herzog too.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    [ no longer uncut *snip*]

[ 03-04-2003: Message edited by: pfflam ]</p>
  • Reply 65 of 66
    [quote]Originally posted by bunge:

<strong>Kinski was insane. Herzog too.</strong><hr></blockquote>Perhaps . . . but then they also fit the mold of the romantic notion of geniusesso well that I preer to think of them as that: large creative souls who have idosyncracies

I read Herzog's Walking In Ice . . . I think it is about how he decided to walk from his home in Austria (I believe) to Paris for an ailing friend, to help her out through his dedication

. . . its all about how he would stay in abandoned places, or not so abandoned etc while walking that distance . .

Also there is a book called Heart Of Glass by some reporter that went along with him on the making of a film and its great it has such scenes as this: the crew stopped their truck by the side of the freeway to watch a lamb being born. They were all in awe and silent

the author said, "isn't it amazing"

Herzog replied "so what, it got ****ed. Anything can do that"

--charming . . .

oh yeah, I read some of the Kinski book years ago . . . but I sold it for money that I needed at the time . .
  • Reply 66 of 66
    jaskejaske Posts: 73member
    Look, Tabs suck and you need to get over yourself . . . oh, wrong thread. Anyway . . .

Trois Couleurs: Bleu/Blanc/Rouge

Run Lola Run

Tampopo

La Dolce Vita