Chinese counterfeiting extends to full-blown fake Apple retail stores

Comments

• Reply 21 of 89
    peter236peter236 Posts: 254member
    This is just an authorized dealer for genuine Apple products.
  • Reply 22 of 89
    The. Funniest. Story. Ever. This. Year.

To even think the staffs he'll bent thinking they actually work for Apple is beyond hilarious. Not actually shocked but yes, shocking! What's next I don't know. Seems everything is possible in China. These people obviously don't care.

*addendum below
  • Reply 23 of 89
    peter236peter236 Posts: 254member
    It is also possible they are selling grey market but genuine Apple products.
  • Reply 24 of 89
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I almost hope they ARE selling 100% counterfeit stuff. That would make a truly surreal experience!

• Reply 25 of 89
    I wonder if this store was one of the reasons behind the recent 6x growth rate and $3.8bn revenue growth in China for Apple...

If that is the case, do you think they'll bother to shut it down?
  • Reply 26 of 89
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post

Reminds of of Alias where they are all fooled into thinking they work for the US government. lol.

Or an episode of Fringe. Fauxlivia sighting rumored.
  • Reply 27 of 89
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    I was there. Their jeanous bar is amazing.
  • Reply 28 of 89
    uguysrnutsuguysrnuts Posts: 459member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

this already happened in the united states. There, they're called microsoft stores.

+1.

• Reply 29 of 89
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

This already happened in the United States. There, they're called Microsoft Stores.

This post wins the throed!
  • Reply 30 of 89
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    How come nobody on this thread can spell? The products look legitimate enough to me, unless the Chinese knock offs are doing a very good job of imitating the iPad, so probably just an authorised ( or not) reseller using the Apple logo, and Apple clothing a bit over enthusiastically.
  • Reply 31 of 89
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    If that is the case, Apple should do nothing.
  • Reply 32 of 89
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    I am actually sorry for the poor "employees" who think they work for Apple. Look at that chinese guy posing for the picture... Some day soon he'll be coming home to his wife and explaining he lost his job and actually never had what he thought he had...
  • Reply 33 of 89
    Will fake Steve Jobs be visiting this store?
  • Reply 34 of 89
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splash-reverse View Post

The. Funniest. Story. Ever. This. Year.

To even think the staffs he'll bent thinking they actually work for Apple is beyond hilarious. Not actually shocked but yes, shocking! What's next I don't know. Seems everything is possible in China. These people obviously don't care.

*addendum below

And some of them hell bent on thinking they are "geniuses".
  • Reply 35 of 89
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Do the Chinese have no shame? This is beyond pathetic. It's also quite ironic that China is where a lot of real Apple products are assembled. China is truly the country of zero innovation and cheap, shameless, third rate, crappy counterfeits, AKA crap.

It's also too bad that the Chinese scalpers here in the US are all too real.

The Chinese might as well hold a fake keynote next week, with a fake WDC following that.

At least the Chinese food store by me still has real Chinese people working in it.
  • Reply 36 of 89
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Also, it would be awesome if somebody visits that fake store with fake money and buys a few products. Counterfeiters deserve to be paid with counterfeit currency. That would serve them good. And they could hardly complain if that indeed were to happen.

• Reply 37 of 89
    morkymorky Posts: 200member
    I remember a similar story about a fake Nike factory built simultaneously with a real Nike factory. Same plans, same suppliers. They were producing REAL Nike shoes and selling them in easten Europe. I wonder if the goods in these stores are coming out the back door of Foxcon and other factories?
  • Reply 38 of 89
    jca666usjca666us Posts: 87member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

Or an episode of Fringe. Fauxlivia sighting rumored.

I think these are just Apple Stores from the Fringe universe that migrated to this universe.
  • Reply 39 of 89
    cashawwcashaww Posts: 28member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Give me a break. You don't think the hundreds of thousands of indirect workers that are employed in China - thanks to Apple- and the untold billions of dollars of business done in China - thanks to Apple - gives Apple a little bit of leverage to tell the Chinese bigwigs to swat an irritating mosquito? Come on.

Nope.
  • Reply 40 of 89
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Do the Chinese have no shame? This is beyond pathetic. It's also quite ironic that China is where a lot of real Apple products are assembled. China is truly the country of zero innovation and cheap, shameless, third rate, crappy counterfeits, AKA crap.

It's also too bad that the Chinese scalpers here in the US are all too real.

The Chinese might as well hold a fake keynote next week, with a fake WDC following that.

At least the Chinese food store by me still has real Chinese people working in it.

Really now, so if I read on the news that the country that spends the most on illegal drugs is the U.S. then I can tar and feather the whole country and say "Do the Americans have no shame? Are they all just shooting up on crack and meth over there? The U.S. truly is the country of junkies and pushers."