Regardless of whether war is right, unilateral action is wrong.

Comments

• Reply 321 of 368
    Quote:

Originally posted by Immanuel Goldstein

I understood your jest, and responded in kind.

Phew.

• Reply 322 of 368
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Saddam is evil, for sure, but worse than Hitler it appears to me difficult. Could you elaborate ?

BTW this discussion is not of a tremendeous importance, to be a bad guy you don't really nead to be more worse than Hitler.

Sure, Saddam is resposible for more (a lot more, but i do not know the numbers anymore) than 100 thousand deaths. He is responsible for more muslim deatrhs than any one in history. Hitler was out to further the german people, Saddam has used posion gas against his own people as a political tool to control them. The streets were filled with dead women, children and everybody. If a worker becomes disabled or can not work he is shot. So many stories of torture surround Saddam that I will just give you hilights.

I heard an account on the news the other day of three women that had been in saddam's torture chamber. one had a neice who when she was 16 wrote a comment on a paper in a class about Saddam. The teacher turned her in and they arested her and her whole family. They then video tapped their victims while raping and torturing them. And he would send the video tapes to remaining family or friends.

He has a chemical bath where people are put in a tank of acid and slowly disolve while they are alive.

He has a grinder where a living person is placed in it and is slowly grinded into a liquid slush which he uses to make plastic. the people are grinded up from their toes to their head so that they are alive for as long as possible. Other things he has done is cut out peoples tounges and mailed it to family members. public hanging, beheadings, etc. He has no alegience to anybody. at least hitler had ideals. Hitler was sick and had twisted logic but he actually had good intentions for germany.

Saddam gets off on watching people suffer both physically and emotionally.

Thousands of people dissapear each year in irac. Saddam has mastered the art of being able to rule through fear. Any soldier who steps out of line is shot and his family is tortured and killed as well.

at this point the news says that he has shot five american hostages. If that is all that has happened to them they are lucky.

Saddam has stated many times in the past of killing americans. He is a monster. Just imagine if he ever got a hold of a nuke. believe me Saddam has far more potential for evil than hitler. Hitler hated jews. Every neighbor of saddam including his own people are in terror of him. I do not know if sadam has killed more than hitler yet but it is just a matter of time if he stays in power.
  • Reply 323 of 368
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

You do realize that an oil-based economy is extremely centralized and, by its very nature, gives wealth to only a few. Whether that few decide to give the money to the people is the real issue, and in a fractured, devided and scarred country like Iraq, it will be surprising if that happens. WHat makes it all the more unlikely is the Bush Admin's plan to secure the privilaged status of the mid-upper levels of government.

But go on continuing to live in fantasy land.

Yes, I realise that a demacratic society has things like medical benifits, unemployment, etc.

And this is not fantasy land it is actually what bush plans to do
  • Reply 324 of 368
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JC

Sure, Saddam is resposible for more (a lot more, but i do not know the numbers anymore) than 100 thousand deaths. He is responsible for more muslim deatrhs than any one in history. Hitler was out to further the german people, Saddam has used posion gas against his own people as a political tool to control them. The streets were filled with dead women, children and everybody. If a worker becomes disabled or can not work he is shot. So many stories of torture surround Saddam that I will just give you hilights.

I heard an account on the news the other day of three women that had been in saddam's torture chamber. one had a neice who when she was 16 wrote a comment on a paper in a class about Saddam. The teacher turned her in and they arested her and her whole family. They then video tapped their victims while raping and torturing them. And he would send the video tapes to remaining family or friends.

He has a chemical bath where people are put in a tank of acid and slowly disolve while they are alive.

He has a grinder where a living person is placed in it and is slowly grinded into a liquid slush which he uses to make plastic. the people are grinded up from their toes to their head so that they are alive for as long as possible. Other things he has done is cut out peoples tounges and mailed it to family members. public hanging, beheadings, etc. He has no alegience to anybody. at least hitler had ideals. Hitler was sick and had twisted logic but he actually had good intentions for germany.

Saddam gets off on watching people suffer both physically and emotionally.

Thousands of people dissapear each year in irac. Saddam has mastered the art of being able to rule through fear. Any soldier who steps out of line is shot and his family is tortured and killed as well.

at this point the news says that he has shot five american hostages. If that is all that has happened to them they are lucky.

Saddam has stated many times in the past of killing americans. He is a monster. Just imagine if he ever got a hold of a nuke. believe me Saddam has far more potential for evil than hitler. Hitler hated jews. Every neighbor of saddam including his own people are in terror of him. I do not know if sadam has killed more than hitler yet but it is just a matter of time if he stays in power.

Well, if you listen to some people here, the Iraqis love him all the more for it.