Google's Schmidt says he's a 'very proud former board member' of Apple [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 97
    E tu, Schmidt?
  • Reply 22 of 97
    Is it me or is there a lot of mud slinging coming from Google as of late?
  • Reply 23 of 97
    Perhaps the board couldn't stand you, Eric "The Mole" Schmidt, for blatantly stealing all of Apple's best ideas and copying them at Google. You're lucky Apple just kicked you off the board, instead of suing your a** to the moon and back.
  • Reply 24 of 97
    HE SAID STAY NOT STAND

don't get your collective panties in a bunch
  • Reply 25 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Sandy Vagina... wasn't she in an old James Bond movie?

lol I can picture Connery saying that.
  • Reply 26 of 97
    Okay, everybody here loves an excuse to rip Eric Schmidt a new one, but there's really no excuse for this post being up for an hour without being corrected/retracted, now that at least two commenters have pointed out that it's totally inaccurate.
  • Reply 27 of 97
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jscottfras View Post

I will admit that I had some of the same prejudices against Schmidt being voiced on these comments going into the Salesforce.com keynote where this statement was made.

However, he most definitely said STAY on the board and not STAND.

He had nothing but good things to say Steve Jobs, Apple, and Apple's products.

He was not so kind to Steve Balmer and Sarah Palin.

I definitely left the keynote with a lot more respect for him than when I went in.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Reply 28 of 97
    He can join the ranks of the Apple back stabbers. You'll find Bill Gates there too.
  • Reply 29 of 97
    Of course it is "stay" and not "stand", but lets see who wrote the article...

Ah... Slash Lane... A pseudoname for DED.

This is again a total distortion of the truth by DED. Either he couldn't do two minutes of research like other readers of this site have done, or he is going on spreading misinformation purposefully as he almost always does.
  • Reply 30 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacksons View Post

Of course it is "stay" and not "stand", but lets see who wrote the article...

Ah... Slash Lane... A pseudoname for DED.

This is again a total distortion of the truth by DED. Either he couldn't do two minutes of research like other readers of this site have done, or he is going on spreading misinformation purposefully as he almost always does.

Bloomberg had it as 'stand"... but even they pulled it and changed the focus of the story completely.
  • Reply 31 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobringer View Post

This story is 100% incorrect.

The ORIGINAL headline said "stand" (I think it was AP).

They corrected it to say something like, "I stayed on the board as long as I could until I couldn't stay anymore."

He went on to praise his time on the Apple board and it was clear that he "left" for competitive reasons and not because he "couldn't stand" being on Apple's board.

Your version does make more sense. Thanks.
  • Reply 32 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Google Chairman Eric Schmidt said in a new interview that he stayed on the Apple Board of Directors until he "couldn't stand the board anymore."

Okay.

Quote:

I say this as a very proud former board member at Apple," Schmidt said.

Huh?

This kind of doublespeak makes my head spin. How about yours?

• Reply 33 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Makes sense. The changing relationship between Google and Apple forced Schmidt to be excused from an increasing number of discussions due to conflict of interest.

yep, at least part of what he likely couldn't stand was the Board constantly not trusting him and asking him to be barred from practically everything.

That said, I don't believe the wording that suggests that Schmidt agreed to being kicked. I think that the whole 'mutual agreement' is PR spin for "We kicked him off due to a strong conflict of interest and he was smart enough not to try to dispute it"
  • Reply 34 of 97
    He was proud of serving on the Board that he served on until he couldn't stand serving on the board that he is proud of serving on ... What ??!!

Without wishing to seem too childish, I'm pretty sure the Apple Board was sick of him first :P
  • Reply 35 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

If he had actually said he couldn't stand the Apple board it would be pretty low IMO. But he didn't. If you listen to the actual interview he never said that.

At least the San Francisco paper that made the erroneous quote the headline has now corrected it.

Amazing how a one word error in a headline can change the entire meaning.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...QQ2V22731A.DTL

That makes a hell of a lot of difference -- my first reaction was he was a two faced douche bag. Just goes to show it is worth double checking a so called quote for validity before slinging mud back. I know I was cocked and ready till I read that it was an error.

All in all, I think Eric definitely got the best end of being on the board. Nice chunk of change, hanging with his buddy Steve. Getting a peek at the latest and greatest ahead of time.

I think the board probably should have cut ties with him much sooner because once you are privy to some info you can't hardly ignore -- as they say 'you can't un-ring a bell'.
  • Reply 36 of 97
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

yep, at least part of what he likely couldn't stand was the Board constantly not trusting him and asking him to be barred from practically everything.

That said, I don't believe the wording that suggests that Schmidt agreed to being kicked. I think that the whole 'mutual agreement' is PR spin for "We kicked him off due to a strong conflict of interest and he was smart enough not to try to dispute it"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DamenS View Post

He was proud of serving on the Board that he served on until he couldn't stand serving on the board that he is proud of serving on ... What ??!!

Without wishing to seem too childish, I'm pretty sure the Apple Board was sick of him first :P

read the comments in the thread. he said "he stayed until he couldn't stay on the board anymore."

it was a positive interview about Apple and the board.
  • Reply 37 of 97
    This is all too funny!
  • Reply 38 of 97
    Eric Schmidt said in a new interview that he stayed on the Apple Board of Directors until he "could steal something awesome"

I WILL FOREVER KNOW, that the ONLY reason HTC, Motorola, Samsung and other iPhone Copy-Cats, even have a modern Smartphone/Computer on your Cellphone product, is:

BECAUSE ERIC SCHMIDT sat on the Apple Board when, in BOARD ROOM CONFIDENCE, plans for the Original iPhone release of 2007, were discussed.

That DICK ran back to Google and told Larry Page and Sergey Brin

that Google needed to change their Android OS development from the shit that it was,

http://obamapacman.com/2011/08/andro...t-windows-1-0/

into a modern Touch User Interface

because this Apple INVENTION (Yes, the Original iPhone Invention, created the "modern" Smartphone Industry. RIM and Palm had a different vision, and now proven, dying vision), was going to be HUGE !!!!!!

If Eric Schmidt did not sit in, on those PRIVATE board meetings, the 5 year head start Apple had, would have been more like an 8 or 9 year head start.

FACT !!!!
  • Reply 39 of 97
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 40 of 97
    'stay' or 'stand' just semantics.

schmidt couldn't control himself, mentally, while sitting on a board who had member larry ellison of oracle suing his ass relentlessly.

how does it feel larry??