Apple shipping first Thunderbolt Displays to stores, resellers

124

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    - Apple has tens of thousands of people complaining on their own site about headaches and eye strain. (check for yourself). This after they have killed thousands of threads. They were even caught deleting the negative reviews on their displays for a while to give them a better consumer star rating.





    Dunno about the first part but if I had advertised a glossy product and someone bought it only to complain that it's glossy, I'd be damn sure to delete that review. I don't want my customers thinking that stupid people are so attracted to my product.
  • Reply 62 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    You are relatively new to the Apple scene







    Quote:

    We...







    Quote:

    ...your ostensible judgement that all things Apple are perfect in every way...







    Well, yeah, I guess if you can just make crap up about tech based on zero fact, you can make crap up about people based on zero fact. I shouldn't be surprised at your post.



    Ooh! Now everyone, everyone get over here. Watch as he takes what I just said above and turns it back on me with something like, "Yes, you certainly do."
  • Reply 63 of 91
    modemode Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Ooh! Now everyone, everyone get over here. Watch as he takes what I just said above and turns it back on me with something like, "Yes, you certainly do."



    Your need for approval from readers of a blog speaks volumes about your insecurities.



    I stand by my advise to you. We would all appreciate it.
  • Reply 64 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    - Apple has tens of thousands of people complaining on their own site about headaches and eye strain. (check for yourself). This after they have killed thousands of threads. They were even caught deleting the negative reviews on their displays for a while to give them a better consumer star rating.



    - There have been numerous health groups and organizations that have warned about the negative side effects of Apple's mirrors. Optometrists are unified that these displays are a health risk. Again, check for yourself, couple million articles/blogs about it. But what does medical science know... right Tallest Shrill?



    - There is no reason for the high gloss other then esthetics when the computer is off - sell shiny. It's only a matter of time before Apple is forced to change these displays. It would just be nice if they for once made a change before the inevitable class action lawsuit.



    - Contrary to Tallest Shrills delusional fanboism - actual real 'professionals' don't go near these displays. NEC, Eizo, Dell, HP, Viewsonic, LaCie, Samsung, LG, all offer their 'professional' top end displays in matte and only in matte. Why? because that's what professionals want and need.



    - I challenge anyone to read prosumer reviews that compare professional displays with Apple's - that don't bring up this glaring problem.



    Apples solution is to hire a contractor and rebuild your home or workspace around the display... or live like a troglodyte. Or buy a cheap piece of plastic to cover the display. How arrogant. How embarrassing that you need a cheap piece of plastic to cover the Apple Display to make it usable outside of a cave.



    Of course we have a choice as prosumers to not buy Apple's offerings, and that is exactly what people and companies are doing. That's not to say we don't want to buy Apple's displays which have great design esthetics and match our systems - we just can't. They are unusable.



    The Mac Pro is a dying horse. We all know this. Especially with graphic performance 60-140% slower then their PC counterparts with the exact same video cards. As the Mac Pro dies - and iMac's rendered useless by the glossy displays - this continues to push professionals off the platform.



    This is exactly why professionals are ticked off. We don't want to switch to Windows. We are heavily invested with software and equipment - and Apple is showing us the door as they abandon the professional market for the general consumer market.



    So are the new displays beautiful and a technological wonder... sure.

    They just aren't usable for the professional market or people who value their health.





    ad hom attack away. Won't change the fact that Apple's displays are on par with the puck mouse.



    All you say may well be true!



    But it doesn't change the fact that Apple has a history of not responding too petitions.



    I merely tried to point that out -- don't dump on me, it won't give you satisfaction, either!
  • Reply 65 of 91
    modemode Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post


    Dunno about the first part but if I had advertised a glossy product and someone bought it only to complain that it's glossy, I'd be damn sure to delete that review. I don't want my customers thinking that stupid people are so attracted to my product.



    Apple purges it's threads like this one all the time... but new ones keep popping up.

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0



    Apparently, the above link doesn't exist and is a lie or something
  • Reply 66 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    Your need for approval from readers of a blog speaks volumes about your insecurities.



    I stand by my advise to you. We would all appreciate it.





    I for one, do not like it when someone else:



    1) has the audacity to speak to what my opinion is, without asking it:



    or



    2) to use the word "we" in a condescending manner or as the royal "we"



    Finally, I have noticed that your posts are often arrogant, and contrary... your ideas might be better received if you were to try a more modest approach.
  • Reply 67 of 91
    modemode Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


    All you say may well be true!



    But it doesn't change the fact that Apple has a history of not responding too petitions.



    I merely tried to point that out -- don't dump on me, it won't give you satisfaction, either!



    I apologize Applebaum, didn't mean to dump on you. Used your post as a jump.

    I agree with your comment. Apple doesn't respond to petitions - but they do to class action lawsuits.

    I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before that happens no doubt- with all the blood sucking lawyers out there. Not that I agree with that approach.



    I'm steamed because I have to purchase a dozen new displays and I waited for this refresh in hopes of a 'functional' option.

    Disappointed again.

    The good people at NEC or Dell won't be.
  • Reply 68 of 91
    modemode Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


    I for one, do not like it when someone else:



    1) has the audacity to speak to what my opinion is, without asking it:



    or



    2) to use the word "we" in a condescending manner or as the royal "we"



    Finally, I have noticed that your posts are often arrogant, and contrary... your ideas might be better received if you were to try a more modest approach.



    Noted.
  • Reply 69 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mode View Post


    I apologize Applebaum, didn't mean to dump on you. Used your post as a jump.

    I agree with your comment. Apple doesn't respond to petitions - but they do to class action lawsuits.

    I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before that happens no doubt- with all the blood sucking lawyers out there. Not that I agree with that approach.



    I'm steamed because I have to purchase a dozen new displays and I waited for this refresh in hopes of a 'functional' option.

    Disappointed again.

    The good people at NEC or Dell won't be.



    Accepted!
  • Reply 70 of 91
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post


    To me, that is a terrible thing to post. But if life is like a mirror, you will receive from the world what you give.



    If you had read the entire thread you would have noticed that I was replying to someone else, so your comment should be directed to them.
  • Reply 71 of 91
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    I want to clarify something before we go further with this. Is English your first language? If not, I apologize wholeheartedly for responding in that manner.



    It doesn't matter what my native language is, it appears to be you having trouble with English.
  • Reply 72 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post


    It doesn't matter what my native language is, it appears to be you having trouble with English.



    Uh, hardly. How I said what I said is the accepted convention. No one (but a non-native speaker, which is why I asked) would have legitimately misunderstood what I said to mean "every single product ever created by Apple Computer Inc. at any point in history since its inception".



    Because how I said it is how everyone says it. Because how I said it is how Apple said it.



  • Reply 73 of 91
    so......has anyone confirmed if the TB displays are in stores??
  • Reply 74 of 91
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Uh, hardly. How I said what I said is the accepted convention. No one (but a non-native speaker, which is why I asked) would have legitimately misunderstood what I said to mean "every single product ever created by Apple Computer Inc. at any point in history since its inception".



    Because how I said it is how everyone says it. Because how I said it is how Apple said it.




    Really? You used the word "every", I didn't see that mentioned one bit in the image you linked to
  • Reply 75 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jfanning View Post


    Really? You used the word "every", I didn't see that mentioned one bit in the image you linked to



    Just come off it. This conversation is over.
  • Reply 76 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Just come off it. This conversation is over.



    He does that every time. He doesn't read caraefully enough or has an inability to comprehend English to the point of understanding what is being said then instead of apologizing for his error he continues to backpeddle into more ludicrous positions of how it's all your fault for not being clear enough as if you really suggested a Mac in 1984 had Thunderbolt when the tech just came out this year. Best to just ignore him or you'll let him jack even more threads. He gets a kick out of derailingx threads.
  • Reply 77 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    He does that every time. He doesn't read caraefully enough or has an inability to comprehend English to the point of understanding what is being said then instead of apologizing for his error he continues to backpeddle into more ludicrous positions of how it's all your fault for not being clear enough as if you really suggested a Mac in 1984 had Thunderbolt when the tech just came out this year. Best to just ignore him or you'll let him jack even more threads. He gets a kick out of derailingx threads.



    Good to know; thanks, solipsism.
  • Reply 78 of 91
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    He does that every time. He doesn't read caraefully enough or has an inability to comprehend English to the point of understanding what is being said then instead of apologizing for his error he continues to backpeddle into more ludicrous positions of how it's all your fault for not being clear enough as if you really suggested a Mac in 1984 had Thunderbolt when the tech just came out this year. Best to just ignore him or you'll let him jack even more threads. He gets a kick out of derailingx threads.



    You have promised over and over again to ignore me, what is your problem? why the continued lies? You constantly abuse people on this site at every opportunity you get, get over yourself or seek the medical help you desperatly require.



    Once again you have put in rubbish that no one, not even me has said, or implied, it is just one lie after another with you
  • Reply 79 of 91
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Just come off it. This conversation is over.



    Just come off it? Pardon? If you are going to make a claim please at least have the balls to stand up to the claim rather than back down.
  • Reply 80 of 91
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,390member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Good to know; thanks, solipsism.



    Ok, you are thanking him, now I know why you are running away from your weak argument.
Sign In or Register to comment.