Apple wins permanent ban on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Germany

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 242 of 250
    Quote:

People are acting like this is some minor inconvenience. It's not. This adds more cost to the supply chain which then takes away cash from Samsung's bottom line. This ban may not be a KO but it is still a pretty tough body jab.
  • Reply 243 of 250
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,440moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freckledbruh View Post

People are acting like this is some minor inconvenience. It's not. This adds more cost to the supply chain which then takes away cash from Samsung's bottom line. This ban may not be a KO but it is still a pretty tough body jab.

Also, couldn't they take the larger suppliers to court too for selling and promoting copyright infringing products? It could obviously take a while longer to block every reseller but if they tackle the biggest ones and win then it may put other resellers off even trying out of fear of having to go through a legal battle with a company that has tens of billions of dollars in the bank.
  • Reply 244 of 250
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Also, couldn't they take the larger suppliers to court too for selling and promoting copyright infringing products? It could obviously take a while longer to block every reseller but if they tackle the biggest ones and win then it may put other resellers off even trying out of fear of having to go through a legal battle with a company that has tens of billions of dollars in the bank.

Suppose they could, but most are probably Apple resellers as well. I don't see them doing it, particularly with the likely media blow-back if they did.
  • Reply 245 of 250
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Well, for one, it's not a copyright case but I know what you mean regardless. I think that would be doubtful since it would cost even more money for Apple to do that and the publicity of a mega-corporation taking on retail shops would look pretty bad. Plus, if someone REALLY REALLY wanted one, s/he can jump the border pretty easily. The main problem is re-directing everything (same as the temporary injunction in the Netherlands court).
  • Reply 246 of 250
    Geez, BoyGeniusReports didn't pull any punches when writing what they thought of Community Designs, Apple, LG and Samsung.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/12/other-...-are-possible/
  • Reply 247 of 250
    Saying that the revised Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1n has enough differences with Apple's iPad to not confuse consumers, the German court is nearly certain to deny Apple's bid to have the revised Samsung model banned.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-1...ourt-says.html
  • Reply 248 of 250
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    ^ After all those posts on AI, cant you consolidate your posts please?
  • Reply 249 of 250
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

^ After all those posts on AI, cant you consolidate your posts please?

You mean edit a post from several months ago rather than new information in a new post? I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.