Samsung shop features Apple's App Store, Safari icons on decorative app wall

Comments

• Reply 181 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Just because we don't agree that a tablet should be banned for looking like a non existent Apple product

Except that's not the argument.
  • Reply 182 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

Here is a picture at Samsung's Galaxy S launch party:

And obviously, the similarity in icons used in Samsung Touchwiz to iOS icons are part of Apple's lawsuit against.

I do believe that one of those models in the photo is actually holding an iPhone. Can you spot which one?
  • Reply 183 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Well, obviously, yes.

Sadly they don't seem to know the difference between geometric primitives or geometric forms and the complexity of product design with all its necessary aspects, otherwise they wouldn't chant this form factor BS all the time as an universal argument.
  • Reply 184 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Except that's not the argument.

so the injunction on the tab is based on...?
  • Reply 185 of 255
    Quote:

so the injunction on the tab is based on...?

Its similarity to the iPad.
  • Reply 186 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I do believe that one of those models in the photo is actually holding an iPhone. Can you spot which one?

lol

I do believe at least 2 of those models are actually men o.O
  • Reply 187 of 255
    Quote:

Its similarity to the iPad.

WRONG!!!!!!

it was based on it's similarity to a drawing of a tablet which does not exist.
  • Reply 188 of 255
    Quote:

WRONG!!!!!!

it was based on it's similarity to a drawing of a tablet which does not exist.

Oh, okay, you're back to that again. Never mind. Continue on.
  • Reply 189 of 255
    Quote:

Oh, okay, you're back to that again. Never mind. Continue on.

are you suggesting that I'm wrong?
  • Reply 190 of 255
    Quote:

Ah, good. Someone else following the nonsense on 9to5.

wait someone said that?
  • Reply 191 of 255
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

I'm sorry that your definition of Apple fan includes "must rabidly hate anything any company who is not Apple does and if anything fishy pops up the competition is always guilty and Apple innocent"

I am sorry there is no room in your little world for understanding that there are other types of people than fan boys and haters. Maybe if you keep over simplifying the arguments until your picture of the world is always understandable to your simplistic view point you will never have to think.

Your posting history speaks for itself, you are troll. I don't care if you don't like Apple or not. But you are here for no other reason than to hate the company. That is all I ever read from you, or the other spaZZes.

Now maybe that is just bad luck, and all your posts in threads I have no interest in are reasonable and informed. But I can only base judgement on what I see. And that makes you a troll.

The topic? Well as to that it looks bad but seems unlikely to be a sumsung issue. Who can say for sure. We may never know. But like you, samsung has a past, and that colors the perception at present. Maybe if they didn't copy Apple so relentlessly in the past no one would even question this.

...and maybe if you weren't such a troll in the past people would take you seriously.

Nah, can't be. I am sure you were right the first time. We are all just rabid Apple fans and can't listen to reason. Makes a lot more sense that everyone else is wrong and you are right. After all, the universe revolves around you...
  • Reply 192 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shen View Post

I am sorry there is no room in your little world for understanding that there are other types of people than fan boys and haters. Maybe if you keep over simplifying the arguments until your picture of the world is always understandable to your simplistic view point you will never have to think.

Your posting history speaks for itself, you are troll. I don't care if you don't like Apple or not. But you are here for no other reason than to hate the company. That is all I ever read from you, or the other spaZZes.

Now maybe that is just bad luck, and all your posts in threads I haven interest in are reasonable and informed. But I can only base judgement on what I see. And that makes you a troll.

The topic? Well as to that it looks bad but seems unlikely to be a sumsung issue. Who can say for sure. We may never know. But like you, samsung has a past, and that colors the perception at present. Maybe if they didn't copy Apple so relentlessly in the past no one would even question this.

...and maybe if you weren't such a troll in the past people would take you seriously.

Nah, can't be. I am sure you were right the first time. We are all just rabid Apple fans and can't listen to reason. Makes a lot more sense that everyone else is wrong and you are right. After all, the universe revolves around you...

find one post where I said anything negative about Apple in such a way a troll would or shut the fuck up.

I'll be waiting.
  • Reply 193 of 255
    Quote:

Yes and as many fandroids have said for years many galaxy s phones and touchwhiz are obvious copies of iOS and apple.

Doesn't mean Samsung is always guilty.

Just because someone stole a wallet doesn't mean they robbed a bank.

You're right, it doesn't mean that. But if you catch someone with a stolen wallet and the bank was also robbed you would be an idiot not to search the wallet thief.
  • Reply 194 of 255
    This is a non-story. It's obvious that the icon wall is not part of the Samsung display. A few months later this could very well be an Apple 'store within a store', with the exact same decorations on the walls.
  • Reply 195 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

You're right, it doesn't mean that. But if you catch someone with a stolen wallet and the bank was also robbed you would be an idiot not to search the wallet thief.

But you would also be an idiot to convict them on the spot for bank robbery
  • Reply 196 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quoted from the original AI article:

"A photo of the South Korean electronics giant's new mini-shop, located inside a Euronics store. . .

Yes, but it is the samsung booth. They are in charge of the decor of their own booth. I don't walk into a department store and see the logo for designer A hanging in a booth for designer B
  • Reply 197 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I never said that there were.

You implied that it was OK for them to use the other logos because they weren't competing. I was simply showing that to be false. You need permission to use someone's trademark - whether you're in competition or they're your best buddy. Obviously, it's easier to get permission in the latter case and they might not sue you for infringement, but legally you still need permission.

I guess my first post explaining the situation here in Europe got passed over: too long. Sorry.

YOU DO NOT NEED permission of any kind to print any logo in Europe. If you sell the stuff, you can use the logo until someone asks you to stop. That's all. And even then, you are allowed to say: no... I'm keeping it as it is until you get a court to stop me... which is highly unlikely and would take close to 2 years or longer. By then... I'm sure the display has changed more than a few times already. Pointless.

BTW: The stores actually buy certain display systems, like the stands, and the Samsung logo-counter. They are NOT owned by Samsung.

This is NOT lawsuit-happy America here. Sorry (again!).
  • Reply 198 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by applecider View Post

Does safari run on any android phones or tablets?

Don't local stores get their promotional materials from a regional office? I rather doubt that the local store went to a kinko's and came up with an ad campaign.

So maybe someone in Italy can check out other stores within a store and see if they have the same wall paper.

Wanna make a bet on that assumption re: Kinko ad-campaign?
  • Reply 199 of 255
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post

Yes, but it is the samsung booth.

No. It is not.

Quote:

They are in charge of the decor of their own booth.

No. They are not. Euronics is.

Quote:

I don't walk into a department store and see the logo for designer A hanging in a booth for designer B

In Europe, it happens quite often... and many times they don't have brand A or B in stock at the moment, or didn't bother to buy any of that seasons collections.

Samsung is clearly copying Apple every chance they get, with every mobile product and accessory they sell. However this is NOT one of their personal F'ups, OTHER than the FACT they posted the picture to their own website without taking a closer look at it. Probably didn't care: so sue me!
  • Reply 200 of 255
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,591member
    Combine post two with the responses from ThPixelDoc, TonTon and the assists from Muppetry and Galbi and the whole issue would have been pretty well settled within a dozen posts instead of 200.

There's seldom a bad reason to ask good questions.